NBCUniversal Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I got the interview through a staffing agency I was working with. I met with team's manager and director. They were both very kind and although I was nervous, the conversation was very fluid. They basically went over in great detail what their department does, and ask about how my experience applied to the job. There were no real brain teasers, very upfront typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is you least favorite duty of this job?
      What is you favorite project/campaign you've ever worked on and why?
        Answer Question

Digital Traffic Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2014.

I applied during early December 2013 and received an email 1 month later from a recruiter requesting a 30 min phone screening. The phone screening with the recruiter was basic and went over the usual introduction points.

I was then scheduled for 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager at the West Los Angeles office. The interview was very laid back/casual, lasted the scheduled 30 minutes, and consisted of very cliche interview questions:

1. Why do you want to leave you current company?
    2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    3. Why NBC Universal?
    4. Can you learn new software quick?

I did not get selected for a 2nd interview, but was not kept in the loop by the recruiter which made for a negative hiring process.

NBC Universal recruiters: Please communicate better with candidates that are not selected.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions, I did most of the question asking. The interview was more of a casual conversation.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2014.

5 question video interview. first question was a salary question then the rest were short and straight to the point. why do you want to work in sales? why nbc universal? what sets you apart from your peers?

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question was what sets you apart from your peers   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

The interviewing process was a little intimidating. They sat around in a semi-circle with you at the head and were poker faced as they posed various hypothetical questions to you. Some were fair, others were obviously their attempt to gauge how you think on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • If you determined, based on your research, that what the creative team wanted to do wasn't permissible, but creative insisted on going forward, how would you find a creative solution?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Phone interview with three managers and one recruiter. Asked to go over resume and talk about why interested in career path, as well as why was interested in the media industry. Interview as a whole was mostly in regard to background and interests rather than any technical questions. Very hard to get interviewed unless know someone at company.

Interview Questions

NBC Universal Denver Colorado - NBC Universal Studio City CA - Digital Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2013.

Applied online. I interviewed with NBC Denver Colorado and NBC Universal in 2013. Standard HR phone interview, a supervisor phone interview and a few days later I was flown out to Denver for a standard team 5 person interview. I was given a talk about 'fitting in' as being the most important aspect of the interview process. As I am a minority, I will assure you that I will never fit in at NBC as the team is predominately Jewish. And I say this openly as I am a fifteen year man currently employed at a competing Media Corporation where I am the exception.

In both cases internal hires took the position, those that 'fit in.' I found out through internal sources that the hires had been pre-selected prior to my interviewing process and my time was used as a formality in the hiring process so that NBC Universal could comply with Federal Regulation. Although one HR manager is a black man, don't let that fool you. There were no other visible black personnel at the Denver Colorado offices. I am also a minority, with extensive experience exceeding the job requirements and currently employed at a competing company.

Interviewers beware, although the hotel and plane ticket was paid for. NBC Universal did not pay back my expenses totaling over $500 US for car rental and meals that they promised. Despite my turning in the expense report as requested to their Universal offices, months passed and I was given a run around that ended in no payment. By law, no company is obligated to reimburse for expenses, in this case two HR Managers assured me that they would reimburse and even emailed me the forms. Further research among colleagues has indicated the NBC Universal often does not re-reimburse 'minorities.' If you are not a minority and reading this, there are also reports on this website that they do this to others as well. Just more frequently to minorities from my research and asking around.

Although the opportunity may seem enticing, note that NBC universal is very aware that they can take advantage of people and do. They use all types of job seekers to fulfill their Federal requirements by interviewing them based on minority and similar profession experience but with the intent of not hiring them. Team interviews are designed so that current employees can discredit candidates in order to justify an internal hire from inside or outside of the companies. Quite simply, in a team of five managers you meet, rest assured that at least three have submitted their own candidates both external and internal for the position. Candidates that are exactly like themselves. Needless to say, I am still employed and only put this out as a warning to minorities and professionals seeking employment. While I was able to take the financial hit, others may struggle and this is sad for a company to do during an employment crisis.

NBC Universal Colorado and NBC Universal Denver

1. Uses Minorities and Experienced working candidates to fulfill Federal interview requirements, does not hire them, discredits them.
    2. Does not re-reimburse minorities and others deemed non-threatening for Expenses yet promises to do so.
    3. Lacks diversity in the workforce and hires less qualified candidates based on internal relations.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Expect several phone calls with HR, at least one an in person meeting with HR, one to three meetings in person with senior staff, be willing to let them do a back ground check, you must take a drug test and don't expect to hear back right away during each step of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone wants to work for NBC. Why do you want to work for NBC?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2014.

I applied through their Campus to Career internship program. A month later I received an email telling me that they wanted to conduct a video recording interview with me. I had six days to do the interview before the link expired. The skype interview was weird because I was not responding to a person asking me questions; instead, the series of questions would appear on the screen and I would have 30 seconds to prepare an answer and 1 minute 30 seconds to respond. I was allowed to redo the entire interview 2 times.

Facilities Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiter after getting my resume submitted internally. Had an initial interview over the phone going over my experience. Interview was conducted in a very professional manner by the recruiter who was very thorough in getting to know me so that the proper position could be found. Was contacted again the following week for an in person interview. Awesome environment with very passionate people that work there especially in the upper management levels.

Interview Questions
    • What requirements of this job would you find most difficult to complete?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Pleasant interview process. Consisted of 1 phone screening. First round with 3 people, second round with 2 people, third round with HR.