NBCUniversal Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.8

Page Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online during the summer and I got a response via email for the automated video-recording interview about 2 months later. The in person interview came about 3 months after that, and I got the rejection 8 weeks after that. One of the 3 interviewers left in the middle of the interview, so I'm fairly sure there's one person making the final call. I know they interview groups of 7-12 final round applicants at a time, so the people you interview with aren't your only competition. From what I understand your chances are greatly improved if you interned at NBC, know someone in upper management who can vouch for you, or if you're going through the interview process for the second time. I'm fairly certain that a 6 month interview process for an entry level position, hence my negative experience, but this seems to be the best way to get into the company, so grit your teeth and play ball.

Interview Questions

Interview

The process was well managed. Five interviews in all with the proper stakeholders. Great opportunity with a very good media company. I ended up second in the process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a month later. I had to do an online interview in which they record you answering questions, this video gets sent out to the different departments. About two weeks later I was contacted by a department for an interview. They asked a number of questions regarding my previous experience and how it would apply to the position

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

It was a simple interview process. Very relaxed and laid back. Asked about what was on your resume. If you had experienced. And talked a lot about some past experiences. Talked about education. Why I'm interested in the position. I interviewed for film finance internship.

Interview Questions

• How specific did your relevant experience help you and that you think can bring to this internship   Answer Question

Digital Ad Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to complete a preliminary video interview, and was given 48 hours to complete it. The video interview consisted of about 6 questions (that i will list below). The system gave you a practice questions just so you could play everything back and make sure that it was satisfactory to you. I completed the video on Thursday night (due Friday). Friday morning I was contacted that the Ad Ops team would like to have me in for an in person and I scheduled an appointment for Tuesday afternoon. I met with three AMAZING members of the NBC Sports Ad Ops team all asked behavioral questions, the conversation with the VP was the best and most comfortable more about getting to know me. Two days later (Thursday) I was contacted by another member of HR who requested I provide 3 references and schedule an appointment with the HR Director for the following Monday. HR Director for the Ad Ops team was so friendly and polite and just asked basic questions about my background and interests, again very conversational, and informed me that this was the last phase of the interview process. On Wednesday, I followed up with the HR point person and got an automated email informing me that she was out of town until the following week. Approx 10 minutes after I sent the message I got a call from the same individual telling me that I was being offered the position. NBC hands down has the kindest most professional and efficient HR teams (at least Ad Ops), best hiring experience I've ever had!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not too much of a negotiation. This is an entry level position and I feel for the industry the offer was fair.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

There is lack of communication between HR and the applicant. It can take months before you hear back. It would be nice to at least receive a system generated email informing you that you did not get the position. (This is standard for most large scale companies)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

After about a month, I was contacted by HR via email with some basic questions. They forwarded my information to a specific department. I was then called in for an interview with that department a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really ask me any questions other than my availability   Answer Question

Page Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

The interview process was discouraging. The first step, an introductory phone call, was the basic hiring questions that come from your resume. For example, tell us about your previous work, etc. The next interview was unexpected. I was asked to do a web cam interview. It would seem straightforward, but I found the web cam to be extremely impersonal. I was disappointed by this step.

Interview Questions

• Sell NBCUniversal to potential clients in 1.5mins or less.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2014.

Interview

First a phone call interview, brief screening question about customer service. Then they ask you to come in for a one-on-on interview with their Assistant Manager. More customer service like questions, retail background, and NBC show questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with a frustrated, rude customer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

interviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2014.

Interview

Applied and was contacted immediately by an HR rep via email. I was asked to take a webcam interview to be considered for the respective department. It was sort of annoying having to speak to a camera as opposed to a human being. The questions were pretty standard. The interview is timed but you are allowed practice and one redo.