NBCUniversal

Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2014.

5 question video interview. first question was a salary question then the rest were short and straight to the point. why do you want to work in sales? why nbc universal? what sets you apart from your peers?

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question was what sets you apart from your peers   Answer Question

West Coast Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2014.

I had a video interview which was fairly easy, just know yourself and the company. About a week later got an email saying I moved on to the next stage and after that I was never contacted again.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2014.

I applied through their Campus to Career internship program. A month later I received an email telling me that they wanted to conduct a video recording interview with me. I had six days to do the interview before the link expired. The skype interview was weird because I was not responding to a person asking me questions; instead, the series of questions would appear on the screen and I would have 30 seconds to prepare an answer and 1 minute 30 seconds to respond. I was allowed to redo the entire interview 2 times.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Pleasant interview process. Consisted of 1 phone screening. First round with 3 people, second round with 2 people, third round with HR.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I applied online and got an email back within two weeks asking me to complete an online interview. I completed it, was 6 questions and never received a call back. When I called to ask my status I was told the usual spiel "we will call you if your background matches a position.

Interview Questions
    • How would I describe myself in comparison to my coworkers and peers?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

It was extremely quick for me as I was already a head-runner and someone selected for the position. But for most, it's lengthy and grueling.

Interview Questions
    • What could you approve upon in the workplace? What are negative qualities about yourself in the workplace?   Answer Question
    Easy. Went over compensation. They liked the amount of time I was willing/wanting to commit to working at this position. Done.

QA Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Day #1 Spoke with recruiter
    Day #2 Phone Interview with QA Lead
    Day #3 Went into Headquarters for an interview with the Director of QA and QA Manager
    Day #4 Received an offer

Interview Questions
    • Interview Question – How do you keep your interest in doing the job?   Answer Question

Facilities Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiter after getting my resume submitted internally. Had an initial interview over the phone going over my experience. Interview was conducted in a very professional manner by the recruiter who was very thorough in getting to know me so that the proper position could be found. Was contacted again the following week for an in person interview. Awesome environment with very passionate people that work there especially in the upper management levels.

Interview Questions
    • What requirements of this job would you find most difficult to complete?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2014.

I applied online on the NBC Careers website. It took about a month or so to hear back. First was a phone interview with a recruiter where we went into great detail regarding my background and experience as it relates to the job that I applied for. After this, I was extended an in-person interview with 2 managers and director of research. After three weeks, I was called back for a second round interview with the VP of research where I also met with the HR director to speak about the position and the culture of NBCU.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions asked were relevant to my background. This being the case, I did not feel that any question was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I negotiated and they were able to meet me in the middle.

Campus II Careers Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2014.

The interview process went extremely well. The interviewer was very relaxed and seemed genuinely interested in placing me in the right position. She asked about my interests, how I found out about the company, what roles I would see myself in. Definitely expect to answer the typical "tell me about yourself" questions, also be prepared to present why you truly want to work for the company. Be genuine. The company truly wants innovative thinkers and interns who have done research before applying.