NBCUniversal Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.8

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

It was really simple, questions like salary requirements, why you're choosing NBCUniversal, describe a time where you worked in a group, what are your goals. The first interview you are talking to a screen so its not as interactive as I had hoped but it's easy because it gives you 20-30 seconds to come up with your response, and then it counts down until the end.

Interview Questions

• There's not really an unexpected question, it's just hard because it's not interactive and you can't ask questions. I guess the hardest one would have been, why ad sales, because you need to understand the position.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online, and I was asked to interview for "Production intern", although I did not apply for that. I emailed the HR staff who contacted me, regarding what the internship will be about, what I would be doing, etc. No answers for that, so I basically went into the interview at 30 Rock not knowing what to expect. There were three people interviewing me in total - one of them was late, one of them was texting the entire time, and the other one who was talking to me (who was seemingly the boss of that operation) was kind of a jerk. They basically just wanted some people to help run errands for them at minimum wage because they were starting a new show and needed help gathering props and stuff for the set. My resume indicated zero experience or intent on doing that sort of job, so why they chose to interview me was beyond me. A week later, I got an email saying I did not get the internship. I'm thankful, because I was looking up how I could advance my career in this field, and it is very unlikely. Even if you do become successful in it, the likelihood of making a lot of money (relative to the work you would have to put in) is low. When you consider how much money you get, and the total number of hours put in, you could literally make more as a union garbage man by the hour. If you're sweating bullets over your impending interview, don't worry, you're actually better off not getting the position.

Interview Questions

• In a perfect world, where do you see yourself in 10 years? AND DON'T SAY BILLIONAIRE SITTING ON A BEACH, BE REALISTIC! (actually yelled).   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

I got the interview through a staffing agency I was working with. I met with team's manager and director. They were both very kind and although I was nervous, the conversation was very fluid. They basically went over in great detail what their department does, and ask about how my experience applied to the job. There were no real brain teasers, very upfront typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is you least favorite duty of this job?
      What is you favorite project/campaign you've ever worked on and why?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

The interviewing process was a little intimidating. They sat around in a semi-circle with you at the head and were poker faced as they posed various hypothetical questions to you. Some were fair, others were obviously their attempt to gauge how you think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• If you determined, based on your research, that what the creative team wanted to do wasn't permissible, but creative insisted on going forward, how would you find a creative solution?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview with three managers and one recruiter. Asked to go over resume and talk about why interested in career path, as well as why was interested in the media industry. Interview as a whole was mostly in regard to background and interests rather than any technical questions. Very hard to get interviewed unless know someone at company.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Expect several phone calls with HR, at least one an in person meeting with HR, one to three meetings in person with senior staff, be willing to let them do a back ground check, you must take a drug test and don't expect to hear back right away during each step of the process.

Interview Questions

• Everyone wants to work for NBC. Why do you want to work for NBC?   Answer Question

Page Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied last winter by email and heard back the next day to arrange a phone interview. Received an offer for a final round interview in New York after 2 weeks, but didn't receive the exact date for the in-person panel for another 2 months. Panel consisted of group portion, individual portion, and 2-minute timed presentation. Received an offer exactly 9 weeks after my interview. Long process with many pieces that lasted 6 months total.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest risk you've ever taken, and what did you learn from it?
      Tell me about a piece of constructive criticism you've received recently.
      What would your last supervisor say is something you need to improve upon?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating regarding pay with the Page program, but I was able to negotiate a longer period to consider my offer before accepting.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

5 question video interview. first question was a salary question then the rest were short and straight to the point. why do you want to work in sales? why nbc universal? what sets you apart from your peers?

Interview Questions

• the most difficult question was what sets you apart from your peers   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2014.

Interview

I had a video interview which was fairly easy, just know yourself and the company. About a week later got an email saying I moved on to the next stage and after that I was never contacted again.

Late Night With Seth Meyers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I got a phone Interview after I emailed the intern coordinator multiple times expressing my interest throughout the spring semester. It is important to find and email the intern coordinator or your application will most likely not get seen. Interview is interesting- it seems as if they were trying to get a feel for your personality more than anything. Your resume will speak for itself, your social skills will land you the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were to have me to your house and cook me dinner, what would you make?   Answer Question