NBCUniversal

2.7

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Vip Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2014.

Hiring was crazy!!! huge casting call of over 100 people for 3 job openings. Did not hear back for a long while, finally did and accepted job. Great people to work with, everyone is very nice and could not be happier.

No negotiation.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

It was extremely quick for me as I was already a head-runner and someone selected for the position. But for most, it's lengthy and grueling.

Interview Questions
    • What could you approve upon in the workplace? What are negative qualities about yourself in the workplace?   Answer Question
    Easy. Went over compensation. They liked the amount of time I was willing/wanting to commit to working at this position. Done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I applied online, and was persistent with emailing. I received a phone interview, and a week later received a "web" interview.

Digital Distribution Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I got a referral through my school with the contact information of the interviewer. I sent my resume and cover letter and was contacted back after two days. The interview was set for a few days after that. There was one interview and subsequently I didn't get the offer, but was referred to another hiring manager who wanted to interview me for a different position. By then I had already decided on another internship so wasn't able to take it.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very much like a conversation about the space and about my interest in it. Thus there weren't many "tough" questions.   Answer Question

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2013.

I interviewed for a position at one of NBC's cable networks. The HR contacts leading up to the interview were great to work with, and gave some helpful insights about what to expect. However, after interviewing, I didn't receive any update at all about the status of my application (and never did). A courtesy email, even if it had been an automated one, would have been greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't get any difficult questions. Simply, "what do you do day-to-day at your current job?"   Answer Question

Master Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2013.

Initial interview was with a recruiter with whom I was given a brief tour of the facility and had discussion about possible positions. I then had another similar face to face with an area recruiter which covered much of the same material. I eventually had an interview with a hiring manager, roughly 20-minutes. Questions were basic about the job, a bit more pointed about personal interactions.

Interview Questions
    • A series of questions regarding planned career path. Where do you expect to be 5 years...10 years?   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2013.

Contacted by HR and interviewed with supervising attorney and the department's VP. Both interviews were about 95 minutes total.

Interview Questions
    • No behavioral questions. No substantive law questions either.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I interview through a phone conversation. It was a two interview process, one with HR one with the Coordinator. I went well as I received the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2013.

2 phone interviews and 2 onsite interviews. All interviews are behavior interviews. Prepare more on your experiences and be confident, talk more.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing more special. Like how is your previous working experience?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2012.

Very friendly and personable, seems like a wonderful company to work for that one would enjoy going to work to every day. Process consisted of basic behavioral questions, nothing to difficult. Need to show a passion for entertainment and finance. Consists of one interview, then they rank their applicants. Two weeks later, they call you to let you know if you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked, just basic behavorial. Make sure you know your resume.   Answer Question