NBCUniversal

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and offered an interview. I took the interview and showed up on time to the offices. Members of the technical team asked me questions and I answered them the best I could.

Interview Question – Describe object oriented programming   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate

Communications Associate Interview

Communications Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a position at one of NBC's cable networks. The HR contacts leading up to the interview were great to work with, and gave some helpful insights about what to expect. However, after interviewing, I didn't receive any update at all about the status of my application (and never did). A courtesy email, even if it had been an automated one, would have been greatly appreciated.

Interview Question – Didn't get any difficult questions. Simply, "what do you do day-to-day at your current job?"   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – It was extremely quick for me as I was already a head-runner and someone selected for the position. But for most, it's lengthy and grueling.

Interview Question – What could you approve upon in the workplace? What are negative qualities about yourself in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy. Went over compensation. They liked the amount of time I was willing/wanting to commit to working at this position. Done.

Writer/Producer Interview

Writer/Producer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2012.

Interview Details – Mainly spoke with HR over the period of several weeks, multiple phone and in-person interviews. Spent only a brief time interviewing with the department supervisor, whom I would end up working with every day of my employment, but quite a few hours with various HR people who I'd never speak with again.

Interview Question – "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation -- they made their offer and I could accept or decline.

Director, Business and Legal Affairs Interview

Director, Business and Legal Affairs
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2009.

Interview Details – Initially met with the heads of the department. Thereafter met with most members of the department. Received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Question – Nothing was particularly difficult. The interview process was lengthy because I was given the opportunity to meet with potential future colleagues. Each one asked different types of questions.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2012.

Interview Details – Very friendly and personable, seems like a wonderful company to work for that one would enjoy going to work to every day. Process consisted of basic behavioral questions, nothing to difficult. Need to show a passion for entertainment and finance. Consists of one interview, then they rank their applicants. Two weeks later, they call you to let you know if you got the job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked, just basic behavorial. Make sure you know your resume.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Attorney
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR and interviewed with supervising attorney and the department's VP. Both interviews were about 95 minutes total.

Interview Question – No behavioral questions. No substantive law questions either.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – I applied online, and was persistent with emailing. I received a phone interview, and a week later received a "web" interview.

Interview Question – What do you know about NBC Universal?   Answer Question

Master Control Manager Interview

Master Control Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with a recruiter with whom I was given a brief tour of the facility and had discussion about possible positions. I then had another similar face to face with an area recruiter which covered much of the same material. I eventually had an interview with a hiring manager, roughly 20-minutes. Questions were basic about the job, a bit more pointed about personal interactions.

Interview Question – A series of questions regarding planned career path. Where do you expect to be 5 years...10 years?   Answer Question

Digital Distribution Internship Interview

Digital Distribution Internship
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – I got a referral through my school with the contact information of the interviewer. I sent my resume and cover letter and was contacted back after two days. The interview was set for a few days after that. There was one interview and subsequently I didn't get the offer, but was referred to another hiring manager who wanted to interview me for a different position. By then I had already decided on another internship so wasn't able to take it.

Interview Question – The interview was very much like a conversation about the space and about my interest in it. Thus there weren't many "tough" questions.   Answer Question

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!