NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.7

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Vip Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2014.

Hiring was crazy!!! huge casting call of over 100 people for 3 job openings. Did not hear back for a long while, finally did and accepted job. Great people to work with, everyone is very nice and could not be happier.

No negotiation.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter and offered an interview. I took the interview and showed up on time to the offices. Members of the technical team asked me questions and I answered them the best I could.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2013.

I interviewed for a position at one of NBC's cable networks. The HR contacts leading up to the interview were great to work with, and gave some helpful insights about what to expect. However, after interviewing, I didn't receive any update at all about the status of my application (and never did). A courtesy email, even if it had been an automated one, would have been greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't get any difficult questions. Simply, "what do you do day-to-day at your current job?"   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

It was extremely quick for me as I was already a head-runner and someone selected for the position. But for most, it's lengthy and grueling.

Interview Questions
    • What could you approve upon in the workplace? What are negative qualities about yourself in the workplace?   Answer Question
    Easy. Went over compensation. They liked the amount of time I was willing/wanting to commit to working at this position. Done.

Writer/Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2012.

Mainly spoke with HR over the period of several weeks, multiple phone and in-person interviews. Spent only a brief time interviewing with the department supervisor, whom I would end up working with every day of my employment, but quite a few hours with various HR people who I'd never speak with again.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation -- they made their offer and I could accept or decline.

Director, Business and Legal Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2009.

Initially met with the heads of the department. Thereafter met with most members of the department. Received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was particularly difficult. The interview process was lengthy because I was given the opportunity to meet with potential future colleagues. Each one asked different types of questions.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2012.

Very friendly and personable, seems like a wonderful company to work for that one would enjoy going to work to every day. Process consisted of basic behavioral questions, nothing to difficult. Need to show a passion for entertainment and finance. Consists of one interview, then they rank their applicants. Two weeks later, they call you to let you know if you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked, just basic behavorial. Make sure you know your resume.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2013.

Contacted by HR and interviewed with supervising attorney and the department's VP. Both interviews were about 95 minutes total.

Interview Questions
    • No behavioral questions. No substantive law questions either.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I applied online, and was persistent with emailing. I received a phone interview, and a week later received a "web" interview.

Master Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2013.

Initial interview was with a recruiter with whom I was given a brief tour of the facility and had discussion about possible positions. I then had another similar face to face with an area recruiter which covered much of the same material. I eventually had an interview with a hiring manager, roughly 20-minutes. Questions were basic about the job, a bit more pointed about personal interactions.

Interview Questions
    • A series of questions regarding planned career path. Where do you expect to be 5 years...10 years?   Answer Question

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!