NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

Talent Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online in February and received an invitation for the inital screening in March. It was a video screening where you would record yourself answering a set of questions. First would be a practice round to ensure you understood how the interview would work. Once you started the actual interview, you would be shown the question for 30 seconds and have approximately 60 - 90 seconds to answer. I received my in-person interview invitation mid-April and scheduled for an interview during the following week. I interviewed with two individuals in the department and received a decision during the following week.

Campus to Career Program Interview

Application

Interview

there's an online interview something like Skype where it asks you a few questions, maybe 5 simple questions. if they like you they'll transfer over your app to whatever network fits you that you've stated you were interested in, if that network likes you that network will directly contact you and set up an interview. this will be the last phase of the process. my advice would be to know exactly what areas you are interested in and why NBC is such a huge company with many networks they want to know exactly what you're interested in so they can place you in the right directions and actually pitch you to the different networks that need interns

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met an HR employee at a networking night, and later emailed her asking to chat. After chatting, she sent my resume to the recruiting team. They then sent me a video interview to complete. This means that you record yourself answering three questions (with a time limit) and then this recording, along with your resume, goes to various departments. You can redo your answers, which is great, but the whole process of recording yourself felt very awkward. Especially because you can see yourself answering the questions (like a mirror). This recording is supposed to replace the initial phone interview that recruiters normally do.

Mail Room Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very professional about conducting the interview and only asking appropriate questions about myself. I was offered the chance to ask any questions I may have about the position at the end of the interview because finding the right job is just as important for the job seeker as finding the right employee is for the job theyre looking to fill.

Entertainment Publicity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process at first was very long. Had to apply for job on website. If I hadn't spoken to campus recruiters I most likely wouldn't have gotten the job, That leg up certainly helped

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was by phone. He was very formal and sounded a little nervous. He asks questions that leaves open ended answers. Best to describe in detail and explain what your skills are and how they relate to the situation.

Interview Questions

• My expectations, how I perform in a fast environment, my top personal skills.   Answer Question

Vip Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Hiring was crazy!!! huge casting call of over 100 people for 3 job openings. Did not hear back for a long while, finally did and accepted job. Great people to work with, everyone is very nice and could not be happier.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was extremely quick for me as I was already a head-runner and someone selected for the position. But for most, it's lengthy and grueling.

Interview Questions

• What could you approve upon in the workplace? What are negative qualities about yourself in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. Went over compensation. They liked the amount of time I was willing/wanting to commit to working at this position. Done.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Most of the questions were high-level, until I made it to the Director. The director asked more detailed and mature questions. At that point I thought it was a good place to work, but as I came to understand how things work, I realized that its the same-old club mentality. if you not part of crew, you have no shot of moving ahead or working on choice projects. This was a disturbing trend I started to notice. For the most part, if you're okay with just doing the same task year after year and dealing with a lot of politics then stay away

Interview Questions

• How many servers do you manage. What third party tools did I use. What cloud vendors did I use. How did I come be a DBA   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty straight forward, once they came to consensus that I was the best candidate

Digital Media Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met with the director of the department first, and a couple of the other clients I would be working with. I then met with my direct manager and the director for that sector.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a Venice that's having problems?   1 Answer