NBCUniversal Interview Questions & Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Universal City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Process went smoothly. I received follow up when it was scheduled. The two people I interviewed with were responsive and respectful of my time. The first interview was a phone interview. I was brought into the office for two in person interviews. The interviews felt very casual and straight forward.

Vip Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2014.

Hiring was crazy!!! huge casting call of over 100 people for 3 job openings. Did not hear back for a long while, finally did and accepted job. Great people to work with, everyone is very nice and could not be happier.

No negotiation.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter and offered an interview. I took the interview and showed up on time to the offices. Members of the technical team asked me questions and I answered them the best I could.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2013.

I interviewed for a position at one of NBC's cable networks. The HR contacts leading up to the interview were great to work with, and gave some helpful insights about what to expect. However, after interviewing, I didn't receive any update at all about the status of my application (and never did). A courtesy email, even if it had been an automated one, would have been greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't get any difficult questions. Simply, "what do you do day-to-day at your current job?"   Answer Question

Digital Traffic Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2014.

I applied during early December 2013 and received an email 1 month later from a recruiter requesting a 30 min phone screening. The phone screening with the recruiter was basic and went over the usual introduction points.

I was then scheduled for 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager at the West Los Angeles office. The interview was very laid back/casual, lasted the scheduled 30 minutes, and consisted of very cliche interview questions:

1. Why do you want to leave you current company?
    2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    3. Why NBC Universal?
    4. Can you learn new software quick?

I did not get selected for a 2nd interview, but was not kept in the loop by the recruiter which made for a negative hiring process.

NBC Universal recruiters: Please communicate better with candidates that are not selected.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions, I did most of the question asking. The interview was more of a casual conversation.   Answer Question

Facilities Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiter after getting my resume submitted internally. Had an initial interview over the phone going over my experience. Interview was conducted in a very professional manner by the recruiter who was very thorough in getting to know me so that the proper position could be found. Was contacted again the following week for an in person interview. Awesome environment with very passionate people that work there especially in the upper management levels.

Interview Questions
    • What requirements of this job would you find most difficult to complete?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

It was extremely quick for me as I was already a head-runner and someone selected for the position. But for most, it's lengthy and grueling.

Interview Questions
    • What could you approve upon in the workplace? What are negative qualities about yourself in the workplace?   Answer Question
    Easy. Went over compensation. They liked the amount of time I was willing/wanting to commit to working at this position. Done.

Page Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 9 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Contacted via email for an email screen. In the email screen must answer 4 short essays in 1 hour and send back. After 4 months was offered an in person interview. If you are not located in LA you must get yourself here. After the in person interview, in general wait about 3 months to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Since the Comcast/NBCUniversal merger, what do you see for the future of television?   Answer Question

Writer/Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2012.

Mainly spoke with HR over the period of several weeks, multiple phone and in-person interviews. Spent only a brief time interviewing with the department supervisor, whom I would end up working with every day of my employment, but quite a few hours with various HR people who I'd never speak with again.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation -- they made their offer and I could accept or decline.

Director, Business and Legal Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2009.

Initially met with the heads of the department. Thereafter met with most members of the department. Received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was particularly difficult. The interview process was lengthy because I was given the opportunity to meet with potential future colleagues. Each one asked different types of questions.   Answer Question

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!