NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.7

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Hollywood, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I got an employee referral which got me to the phone interview process. The recruiter and I scheduled a time for the call, I waited by the phone and she never called. I had to email her and mention to pick another time for the call, and again, at that time I was stood up. Finally on the third try, three days later, we made it work and I was offered a in-person interview. The phone call portion was quite simple with typical questions about yourself. The in-person interview was in three stages: the Human Resources rep, the person with the position and the boss of the position I was interviewing for. It was also very simple and a good experience. They asked many questions that pertained to the position, myself and the company. Know about the company!

Interview Questions

• What excites you to work for Universal?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Lazy recruiters using online video interview. Not Skype. A few questions on the screen and one minute to answer. No interaction with another human. Most people do horrible in front of a camera like this If you toss these people in the trash because of this you miss out on your best candidates. After that you will get a call from the recruiter. Next is phone interview with HR manager. In person interview with HR. Finally in person interview with hiring manager. Didn't feel like I meshed with the hiring manager. Turned down the offer.

Talent Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online in February and received an invitation for the inital screening in March. It was a video screening where you would record yourself answering a set of questions. First would be a practice round to ensure you understood how the interview would work. Once you started the actual interview, you would be shown the question for 30 seconds and have approximately 60 - 90 seconds to answer. I received my in-person interview invitation mid-April and scheduled for an interview during the following week. I interviewed with two individuals in the department and received a decision during the following week.

Campus to Career Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

Interview

there's an online interview something like Skype where it asks you a few questions, maybe 5 simple questions. if they like you they'll transfer over your app to whatever network fits you that you've stated you were interested in, if that network likes you that network will directly contact you and set up an interview. this will be the last phase of the process. my advice would be to know exactly what areas you are interested in and why NBC is such a huge company with many networks they want to know exactly what you're interested in so they can place you in the right directions and actually pitch you to the different networks that need interns

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met an HR employee at a networking night, and later emailed her asking to chat. After chatting, she sent my resume to the recruiting team. They then sent me a video interview to complete. This means that you record yourself answering three questions (with a time limit) and then this recording, along with your resume, goes to various departments. You can redo your answers, which is great, but the whole process of recording yourself felt very awkward. Especially because you can see yourself answering the questions (like a mirror). This recording is supposed to replace the initial phone interview that recruiters normally do.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was by phone. He was very formal and sounded a little nervous. He asks questions that leaves open ended answers. Best to describe in detail and explain what your skills are and how they relate to the situation.

Interview Questions

• My expectations, how I perform in a fast environment, my top personal skills.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I first interviewed at a conference which went well, pretty casual questions and good vibes. After that I had to do a video interview ( which apparently is supposed to be first). I thought it was awful since you are using a video tool and are given a question and then timed to record your answer. I much rather talk to someone than watch myself talk on webcam. However I answered the questions fairly well i guess. Lastly I was given a phone interview which was also pretty short and casual. Overall it was a good interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the last time you thought out of the box and how did you do it   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Process went smoothly. I received follow up when it was scheduled. The two people I interviewed with were responsive and respectful of my time. The first interview was a phone interview. I was brought into the office for two in person interviews. The interviews felt very casual and straight forward.

Vip Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Hiring was crazy!!! huge casting call of over 100 people for 3 job openings. Did not hear back for a long while, finally did and accepted job. Great people to work with, everyone is very nice and could not be happier.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was extremely quick for me as I was already a head-runner and someone selected for the position. But for most, it's lengthy and grueling.

Interview Questions

• What could you approve upon in the workplace? What are negative qualities about yourself in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. Went over compensation. They liked the amount of time I was willing/wanting to commit to working at this position. Done.