NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.7

Digital Distribution Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I got a referral through my school with the contact information of the interviewer. I sent my resume and cover letter and was contacted back after two days. The interview was set for a few days after that. There was one interview and subsequently I didn't get the offer, but was referred to another hiring manager who wanted to interview me for a different position. By then I had already decided on another internship so wasn't able to take it.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very much like a conversation about the space and about my interest in it. Thus there weren't many "tough" questions.   Answer Question

Intern E! Online Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2012.

Pretty standard interview. Asked about experience with web-based content. They didn't ask too many questions about myself and it was mostly conversational. I brought my portfolio to showcase my skills, and though I think they appreciated the professionalism, didn't really look through it. Had two interviews, both less than 20 minutes, and was hired for the position.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what type of entertainment I was interested in and asked me about the movie/film industry.   View Answer
    N/A

Production Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2012.

I received an email to schedule an in house interview. I interviewed with the CFO assistant, CFO, a manager, and a director. the whole process took about three hours. When i was driving to the interview, apparently I got an email asking to come in later. Since i was already there, I interviewed with a lot of people.
    I was emailed an offer for the position a week later.

Online Editorial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2011.

Applied via the company website for a couple positions. The hiring manager called me before the interviews started to get a grasp on which position I was most interested in/most qualified for. I ended up interviewing for E!, and it was a pretty easy process.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't review the website thoroughly enough beforehand, so answer questions about the website layout and accessibility was difficult for me.   Answer Question
    It was an internship so I accepted school credit.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2010.

Talking with directer... He was nice. Everyone was friendly, just the days wouldnot match my schedule.

Interview Questions

The schedule did not match my class time,.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in December 2011.

I applied for the Human Resources internship the week before Thanksgiving online via one of my campus career resource websites (where I found the listing). I received an email from one of their Talent Acquisition Coordinators interested in having a phone interview the following week. At the end of the initial phone interview, the coordinator immediately told me that she would like to meet me for an in-person panel interview with one of her associates.

The following week I met with both of them at their Talent Acquisition Building in Studio City, right next to Universal Studios. The interview was casual and overall a pleasant experience. About two hours after the interview I received a phone call from my initial contact offering me the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a time where you had to step up and take the reins of a project?   Answer Question
    As I was in the interview process for other internships, I asked for a week to make my decision. Although she was hesitant and seemed a bit down that I did not immediately accept the offer, she respectfully allowed me that much time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2009.

Because it is a large company, the interview process for an internship may take a while. I sent in my resume and cover letter at least 2 months before I got a response. You are then interviewed by an individual from the Human Resources department. If they like you, the HR department passes on your resume to whatever department needs you may be interested in and happens to need an intern. From there, you interview with the supervisor in the specific department and wait for them to contact you.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in Entertainment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an experience where ______ (depends on what kind of internship opportunity you applied for)   Answer Question
    N/A - all internships at NBC Universal are unpaid

Director Digital Distribution Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2010.

Submitted resume online and 2 weeks later was called in for interviews. Met with the hiring manager and other members of the team. No phone screening or HR interview behorehand. Questions were about industry knowledge, interest in distribution and personal fit/background. Very laid back interviews. Never heard back from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Is there something that you could change at your current job that would make you want to stay?   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in October 2008.

I applied online for a position and was contacted via phone by an individual in HR/Recruiting and not somebody within the department I applied for. I had to complete an additional survey and an interview was scheduled for a few days later. I interviewed only with the person that would be the manager of this position.

Contract Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2009.

NBC Universal scheduled series of interviews. They started with technical/business interviews with one programmer and then another interview with a project manager. The third interview was conducted with a director of the IT department. Finally, I interviewed with the VP of IT operations. The interviews were conducted logically and I'd say they touched on the technical aspects but didn't go into too much detail where I had to code in front of them unlike other companies where I've had to take logic test and programming test. People were professional, diverse, and dressed business-casual. The team seemed to be very professional among themselves and quite pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current position?   View Answer