NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.7

Facilities Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Burbank, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after getting my resume submitted internally. Had an initial interview over the phone going over my experience. Interview was conducted in a very professional manner by the recruiter who was very thorough in getting to know me so that the proper position could be found. Was contacted again the following week for an in person interview. Awesome environment with very passionate people that work there especially in the upper management levels.

Interview Questions

• What requirements of this job would you find most difficult to complete?   Answer Question

Digital Traffic Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal (West Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied during early December 2013 and received an email 1 month later from a recruiter requesting a 30 min phone screening. The phone screening with the recruiter was basic and went over the usual introduction points. I was then scheduled for 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager at the West Los Angeles office. The interview was very laid back/casual, lasted the scheduled 30 minutes, and consisted of very cliche interview questions: 1. Why do you want to leave you current company? 2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 3. Why NBC Universal? 4. Can you learn new software quick? I did not get selected for a 2nd interview, but was not kept in the loop by the recruiter which made for a negative hiring process. NBC Universal recruiters: Please communicate better with candidates that are not selected.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions, I did most of the question asking. The interview was more of a casual conversation.   Answer Question

Page Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Contacted via email for an email screen. In the email screen must answer 4 short essays in 1 hour and send back. After 4 months was offered an in person interview. If you are not located in LA you must get yourself here. After the in person interview, in general wait about 3 months to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Since the Comcast/NBCUniversal merger, what do you see for the future of television?   Answer Question

Digital Media Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met with the director of the department first, and a couple of the other clients I would be working with. I then met with my direct manager and the director for that sector.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a Venice that's having problems?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online, and was persistent with emailing. I received a phone interview, and a week later received a "web" interview.

Digital Distribution Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I got a referral through my school with the contact information of the interviewer. I sent my resume and cover letter and was contacted back after two days. The interview was set for a few days after that. There was one interview and subsequently I didn't get the offer, but was referred to another hiring manager who wanted to interview me for a different position. By then I had already decided on another internship so wasn't able to take it.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very much like a conversation about the space and about my interest in it. Thus there weren't many "tough" questions.   Answer Question

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I interviewed for a position at one of NBC's cable networks. The HR contacts leading up to the interview were great to work with, and gave some helpful insights about what to expect. However, after interviewing, I didn't receive any update at all about the status of my application (and never did). A courtesy email, even if it had been an automated one, would have been greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Didn't get any difficult questions. Simply, "what do you do day-to-day at your current job?"   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Contacted by HR and interviewed with supervising attorney and the department's VP. Both interviews were about 95 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions. No substantive law questions either.   Answer Question

Master Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was with a recruiter with whom I was given a brief tour of the facility and had discussion about possible positions. I then had another similar face to face with an area recruiter which covered much of the same material. I eventually had an interview with a hiring manager, roughly 20-minutes. Questions were basic about the job, a bit more pointed about personal interactions.

Interview Questions

• A series of questions regarding planned career path. Where do you expect to be 5 years...10 years?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I first spoke with the current intern through a phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes--the interview wasn't pre-scheduled but was done right then and there. About a month or so later I heard back from the intern and they invited me for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some ideas you have for increasing participation in intern events.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume. What would you tell an employee who has ran out of things to do.   Answer Question