NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.7

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Process went smoothly. I received follow up when it was scheduled. The two people I interviewed with were responsive and respectful of my time. The first interview was a phone interview. I was brought into the office for two in person interviews. The interviews felt very casual and straight forward.

Vip Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Hiring was crazy!!! huge casting call of over 100 people for 3 job openings. Did not hear back for a long while, finally did and accepted job. Great people to work with, everyone is very nice and could not be happier.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was extremely quick for me as I was already a head-runner and someone selected for the position. But for most, it's lengthy and grueling.

Interview Questions

• What could you approve upon in the workplace? What are negative qualities about yourself in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. Went over compensation. They liked the amount of time I was willing/wanting to commit to working at this position. Done.

Facilities Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Burbank, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after getting my resume submitted internally. Had an initial interview over the phone going over my experience. Interview was conducted in a very professional manner by the recruiter who was very thorough in getting to know me so that the proper position could be found. Was contacted again the following week for an in person interview. Awesome environment with very passionate people that work there especially in the upper management levels.

Interview Questions

• What requirements of this job would you find most difficult to complete?   Answer Question

Digital Traffic Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (West Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied during early December 2013 and received an email 1 month later from a recruiter requesting a 30 min phone screening. The phone screening with the recruiter was basic and went over the usual introduction points. I was then scheduled for 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager at the West Los Angeles office. The interview was very laid back/casual, lasted the scheduled 30 minutes, and consisted of very cliche interview questions: 1. Why do you want to leave you current company? 2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 3. Why NBC Universal? 4. Can you learn new software quick? I did not get selected for a 2nd interview, but was not kept in the loop by the recruiter which made for a negative hiring process. NBC Universal recruiters: Please communicate better with candidates that are not selected.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions, I did most of the question asking. The interview was more of a casual conversation.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Most of the questions were high-level, until I made it to the Director. The director asked more detailed and mature questions. At that point I thought it was a good place to work, but as I came to understand how things work, I realized that its the same-old club mentality. if you not part of crew, you have no shot of moving ahead or working on choice projects. This was a disturbing trend I started to notice. For the most part, if you're okay with just doing the same task year after year and dealing with a lot of politics then stay away

Interview Questions

• How many servers do you manage. What third party tools did I use. What cloud vendors did I use. How did I come be a DBA   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty straight forward, once they came to consensus that I was the best candidate

Page Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Contacted via email for an email screen. In the email screen must answer 4 short essays in 1 hour and send back. After 4 months was offered an in person interview. If you are not located in LA you must get yourself here. After the in person interview, in general wait about 3 months to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Since the Comcast/NBCUniversal merger, what do you see for the future of television?   Answer Question

Digital Media Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met with the director of the department first, and a couple of the other clients I would be working with. I then met with my direct manager and the director for that sector.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a Venice that's having problems?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online, and was persistent with emailing. I received a phone interview, and a week later received a "web" interview.

Digital Distribution Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I got a referral through my school with the contact information of the interviewer. I sent my resume and cover letter and was contacted back after two days. The interview was set for a few days after that. There was one interview and subsequently I didn't get the offer, but was referred to another hiring manager who wanted to interview me for a different position. By then I had already decided on another internship so wasn't able to take it.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very much like a conversation about the space and about my interest in it. Thus there weren't many "tough" questions.   Answer Question