NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.7

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2012.

Very friendly and personable, seems like a wonderful company to work for that one would enjoy going to work to every day. Process consisted of basic behavioral questions, nothing to difficult. Need to show a passion for entertainment and finance. Consists of one interview, then they rank their applicants. Two weeks later, they call you to let you know if you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked, just basic behavorial. Make sure you know your resume.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2013.

Contacted by HR and interviewed with supervising attorney and the department's VP. Both interviews were about 95 minutes total.

Interview Questions
    • No behavioral questions. No substantive law questions either.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I applied online, and was persistent with emailing. I received a phone interview, and a week later received a "web" interview.

Master Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2013.

Initial interview was with a recruiter with whom I was given a brief tour of the facility and had discussion about possible positions. I then had another similar face to face with an area recruiter which covered much of the same material. I eventually had an interview with a hiring manager, roughly 20-minutes. Questions were basic about the job, a bit more pointed about personal interactions.

Interview Questions
    • A series of questions regarding planned career path. Where do you expect to be 5 years...10 years?   Answer Question

Telemundo Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2012.

Applied online and received an e-mail from the HR dept. She sent me a list with a couple of general questions such as what I want to do with my career. After this, I received a called where we discussed what department at NBCUniversal would be best fit. I was then contacted by the Telemundo Dept. and talked about why I wanted to be at Telemundo and how familiar I was with the network. Then I got invited to come in for an in-person interview. They were very professional and very focused on my career goals.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were related to the Network such as: Favorite Novelas (Soap Operas)?   Answer Question
    After the in-person interview, I received a call for the internship. It was unpaid, for school credit, therefore no negotiation took place.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2009.

Used LinkedIn to identify contact within the company after finding the position online, and I was able to send her a resume that she was able to walk over to the colleague who was hiring. Once I spoke to the hiring manager over the phone, I submitted the resume online, send a fresh one in, and in two days I had the interview. The week after I got the offer and then had to follow up with a drug test and orientation.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about previous production experience and the balance between that and managing various priorities in the office.   Answer Question
    • I was asked about how I handle communications and relationships with people at various levels within a company.   View Answer

Digital Distribution Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I got a referral through my school with the contact information of the interviewer. I sent my resume and cover letter and was contacted back after two days. The interview was set for a few days after that. There was one interview and subsequently I didn't get the offer, but was referred to another hiring manager who wanted to interview me for a different position. By then I had already decided on another internship so wasn't able to take it.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very much like a conversation about the space and about my interest in it. Thus there weren't many "tough" questions.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2013.

I first spoke with the current intern through a phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes--the interview wasn't pre-scheduled but was done right then and there. About a month or so later I heard back from the intern and they invited me for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are some ideas you have for increasing participation in intern events.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume.
      What would you tell an employee who has ran out of things to do.
        Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2010.

There's a first round interview through the phone which is conducted by the current intern. This is where all the technical questions are asked regarding your work ethnic, challenges you faced, strengths and weaknesses, etc. I think it's beneficial that this is carried over the phone because you could have notes and points you want to address prepared in front of you during the phone interview. Also, having a current intern interview you means they're roughly the same age so the phone environment doesn't feel so intimidating. Just make sure to impress him or her regardless!

If you pass the first round phone interview, you are invited to an on-site interview with two of the internship coordinators. I thoroughly enjoyed their personalities, and you definitely get a sense of the working environment. However, where I came short was I was expecting more questions where I can showcase my fit for the position, but instead the interview process was very relaxed and they just walked over my resume with me. They asked questions about what I did in the past, what I wished to gain from this internship, etc. I'm not sure how they decided their interns based off this if everyone's second round was as colloquial as mine.

The coordinators had told me I should expect to hear a response by mid-next week but I waited two weeks and did not receive any contact either through a phone call or email. I had to personally call the coordinator to ask the status of the internship and it was not until then that he told me the position had been filled. I personally believe a company should have the courtesy to follow up with all applicants regardless if they land the position or not.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of environment do you like to work in? Would you say you enjoying being out and interacting with people or working behind the scenes in the office?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2013.

2 phone interviews and 2 onsite interviews. All interviews are behavior interviews. Prepare more on your experiences and be confident, talk more.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing more special. Like how is your previous working experience?   Answer Question