NBCUniversal

Updated Jan 16, 2015

2.7

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2013.

I interviewed for a position at one of NBC's cable networks. The HR contacts leading up to the interview were great to work with, and gave some helpful insights about what to expect. However, after interviewing, I didn't receive any update at all about the status of my application (and never did). A courtesy email, even if it had been an automated one, would have been greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't get any difficult questions. Simply, "what do you do day-to-day at your current job?"   Answer Question

Master Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2013.

Initial interview was with a recruiter with whom I was given a brief tour of the facility and had discussion about possible positions. I then had another similar face to face with an area recruiter which covered much of the same material. I eventually had an interview with a hiring manager, roughly 20-minutes. Questions were basic about the job, a bit more pointed about personal interactions.

Interview Questions
    • A series of questions regarding planned career path. Where do you expect to be 5 years...10 years?   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2013.

Contacted by HR and interviewed with supervising attorney and the department's VP. Both interviews were about 95 minutes total.

Interview Questions
    • No behavioral questions. No substantive law questions either.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2013.

I first spoke with the current intern through a phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes--the interview wasn't pre-scheduled but was done right then and there. About a month or so later I heard back from the intern and they invited me for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are some ideas you have for increasing participation in intern events.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume.
      What would you tell an employee who has ran out of things to do.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I interview through a phone conversation. It was a two interview process, one with HR one with the Coordinator. I went well as I received the job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2013.

2 phone interviews and 2 onsite interviews. All interviews are behavior interviews. Prepare more on your experiences and be confident, talk more.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing more special. Like how is your previous working experience?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2012.

Very friendly and personable, seems like a wonderful company to work for that one would enjoy going to work to every day. Process consisted of basic behavioral questions, nothing to difficult. Need to show a passion for entertainment and finance. Consists of one interview, then they rank their applicants. Two weeks later, they call you to let you know if you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked, just basic behavorial. Make sure you know your resume.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2012.

had a brief phone interview with the vp, then 1st interview was scheduled.
    It's very typical process. They went through what the division does and ask what you can contribute to the division and show your work.

Creative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2012.

My older brother's colleagues had a contract position in their new releases marketing department and passed my resume along to upper management, who contacted me for an interview. I was inverviewed by two people simulatenously, which they noted was the first step before interviewing with VPs and higher ups. Turns out the position I thought I was referred to was not the exact position they were interviewing for, so there was a bit of initial confusion during the process. I did, however, make it clear that I was interested in both of the positions, as they liked what was on my resume. I followed up several times with both interviewers weeks following, but failed to hear back at all. The interview itself was brief, with an overview of the position/responsibilities, and general questions about me and my career aspirations.

Multicultural Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I learned about the position through another position I was applying for through the company because of a contact I had made at an Entertainment Panel. Because of this referral, I was put in contact directly to the supervisor's assistant to interview. I completed one interview, and was also asked to interview for another department. Through both interviews, I was asked to intern for both departments and split my days up between the two. it was a great experience, I interviewed directly with the supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. Why do you want to work for the company? Nothing was too hard.   Answer Question