NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.7

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2013.

Contacted by HR and interviewed with supervising attorney and the department's VP. Both interviews were about 95 minutes total.

Interview Questions
    • No behavioral questions. No substantive law questions either.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2013.

I first spoke with the current intern through a phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes--the interview wasn't pre-scheduled but was done right then and there. About a month or so later I heard back from the intern and they invited me for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are some ideas you have for increasing participation in intern events.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume.
      What would you tell an employee who has ran out of things to do.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I interview through a phone conversation. It was a two interview process, one with HR one with the Coordinator. I went well as I received the job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2013.

2 phone interviews and 2 onsite interviews. All interviews are behavior interviews. Prepare more on your experiences and be confident, talk more.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing more special. Like how is your previous working experience?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2012.

Very friendly and personable, seems like a wonderful company to work for that one would enjoy going to work to every day. Process consisted of basic behavioral questions, nothing to difficult. Need to show a passion for entertainment and finance. Consists of one interview, then they rank their applicants. Two weeks later, they call you to let you know if you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked, just basic behavorial. Make sure you know your resume.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2012.

had a brief phone interview with the vp, then 1st interview was scheduled.
    It's very typical process. They went through what the division does and ask what you can contribute to the division and show your work.

Creative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2012.

My older brother's colleagues had a contract position in their new releases marketing department and passed my resume along to upper management, who contacted me for an interview. I was inverviewed by two people simulatenously, which they noted was the first step before interviewing with VPs and higher ups. Turns out the position I thought I was referred to was not the exact position they were interviewing for, so there was a bit of initial confusion during the process. I did, however, make it clear that I was interested in both of the positions, as they liked what was on my resume. I followed up several times with both interviewers weeks following, but failed to hear back at all. The interview itself was brief, with an overview of the position/responsibilities, and general questions about me and my career aspirations.

Multicultural Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I learned about the position through another position I was applying for through the company because of a contact I had made at an Entertainment Panel. Because of this referral, I was put in contact directly to the supervisor's assistant to interview. I completed one interview, and was also asked to interview for another department. Through both interviews, I was asked to intern for both departments and split my days up between the two. it was a great experience, I interviewed directly with the supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. Why do you want to work for the company? Nothing was too hard.   Answer Question

Telemundo Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2012.

Applied online and received an e-mail from the HR dept. She sent me a list with a couple of general questions such as what I want to do with my career. After this, I received a called where we discussed what department at NBCUniversal would be best fit. I was then contacted by the Telemundo Dept. and talked about why I wanted to be at Telemundo and how familiar I was with the network. Then I got invited to come in for an in-person interview. They were very professional and very focused on my career goals.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were related to the Network such as: Favorite Novelas (Soap Operas)?   Answer Question
    After the in-person interview, I received a call for the internship. It was unpaid, for school credit, therefore no negotiation took place.

Writer/Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2012.

Mainly spoke with HR over the period of several weeks, multiple phone and in-person interviews. Spent only a brief time interviewing with the department supervisor, whom I would end up working with every day of my employment, but quite a few hours with various HR people who I'd never speak with again.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation -- they made their offer and I could accept or decline.