NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.7

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

I interview through a phone conversation. It was a two interview process, one with HR one with the Coordinator. I went well as I received the job.

Multicultural Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2012.

I learned about the position through another position I was applying for through the company because of a contact I had made at an Entertainment Panel. Because of this referral, I was put in contact directly to the supervisor's assistant to interview. I completed one interview, and was also asked to interview for another department. Through both interviews, I was asked to intern for both departments and split my days up between the two. it was a great experience, I interviewed directly with the supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. Why do you want to work for the company? Nothing was too hard.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2012.

had a brief phone interview with the vp, then 1st interview was scheduled.
    It's very typical process. They went through what the division does and ask what you can contribute to the division and show your work.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Universal City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2008.

Interview process was run of the mill:

1. Phone interview with HR
    2. Phone interview with Department head
    3. In-person Interviews with Department Director and Direct Manager
    4. Background check / drug screening performed.
    5. Negotiation of wages with HR.

The overall process was again, plain and run of the mill, without much out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest mistake that you made in a previous project?   Answer Question
    Short. They stated a wage and I asked for a greater amount. They accepted.

Online Editorial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2011.

Applied via the company website for a couple positions. The hiring manager called me before the interviews started to get a grasp on which position I was most interested in/most qualified for. I ended up interviewing for E!, and it was a pretty easy process.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't review the website thoroughly enough beforehand, so answer questions about the website layout and accessibility was difficult for me.   Answer Question
    It was an internship so I accepted school credit.

Production Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Universal City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2012.

I received an email to schedule an in house interview. I interviewed with the CFO assistant, CFO, a manager, and a director. the whole process took about three hours. When i was driving to the interview, apparently I got an email asking to come in later. Since i was already there, I interviewed with a lot of people.
    I was emailed an offer for the position a week later.

Intern E! Online Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2012.

Pretty standard interview. Asked about experience with web-based content. They didn't ask too many questions about myself and it was mostly conversational. I brought my portfolio to showcase my skills, and though I think they appreciated the professionalism, didn't really look through it. Had two interviews, both less than 20 minutes, and was hired for the position.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what type of entertainment I was interested in and asked me about the movie/film industry.   View Answer
    N/A

Creative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Studio City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

My older brother's colleagues had a contract position in their new releases marketing department and passed my resume along to upper management, who contacted me for an interview. I was inverviewed by two people simulatenously, which they noted was the first step before interviewing with VPs and higher ups. Turns out the position I thought I was referred to was not the exact position they were interviewing for, so there was a bit of initial confusion during the process. I did, however, make it clear that I was interested in both of the positions, as they liked what was on my resume. I followed up several times with both interviewers weeks following, but failed to hear back at all. The interview itself was brief, with an overview of the position/responsibilities, and general questions about me and my career aspirations.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at NBCUniversal in January 2008.

I was refered to a company that edits drama for a women's channel by a fried. The CEO was a former editor and was the one who interviewed me. He asked me a lot of technical questions regarding the program they used to edit the show, but since the software was not the software I used as my first choice, he did not hire me. He said he was looking for someone who was a dedicated Final Cut Pro editor.

Interview Questions
    • How would you export a 12 layer composition and have it accessible to another editing program as a generic file.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Studio City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in December 2011.

I applied for the Human Resources internship the week before Thanksgiving online via one of my campus career resource websites (where I found the listing). I received an email from one of their Talent Acquisition Coordinators interested in having a phone interview the following week. At the end of the initial phone interview, the coordinator immediately told me that she would like to meet me for an in-person panel interview with one of her associates.

The following week I met with both of them at their Talent Acquisition Building in Studio City, right next to Universal Studios. The interview was casual and overall a pleasant experience. About two hours after the interview I received a phone call from my initial contact offering me the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a time where you had to step up and take the reins of a project?   Answer Question
    As I was in the interview process for other internships, I asked for a week to make my decision. Although she was hesitant and seemed a bit down that I did not immediately accept the offer, she respectfully allowed me that much time.