NBCUniversal

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

NBC News Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2013.

The application process begins by sending out a resume, cover letter, writing sample and a series of short essays (which take a while to write out).

I heard back from the company about an interview about 10 days after the deadline passed. NBC News flew me up to their headquarters at Rockefeller Center for a first round interview, one-on-one with the director of NBC News (who was extremely nice). This one was pretty informal and focused on my interest in journalism. It was brief, lasting little over an hour.

The final round interview was also at NYC (company flew me up again). This one involved a panel interview with about 10 people, followed by a short interview with an HR manager. The entire round took about an hour. Heard back a few days after the interview concluded.

Company was extremely professional and accommodating. Paid for transportation to and from the airport, as well as flights. I really enjoyed meeting with the individuals I encountered during the process.

Interview Questions
  • What three stories would you produce for this evening's news broadcast?   Answer Question