NBCUniversal

Relevance Date Difficulty

NBC News Associate Program Interview

NBC News Associate Program
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2013.

Interview Details – The application process begins by sending out a resume, cover letter, writing sample and a series of short essays (which take a while to write out).

I heard back from the company about an interview about 10 days after the deadline passed. NBC News flew me up to their headquarters at Rockefeller Center for a first round interview, one-on-one with the director of NBC News (who was extremely nice). This one was pretty informal and focused on my interest in journalism. It was brief, lasting little over an hour.

The final round interview was also at NYC (company flew me up again). This one involved a panel interview with about 10 people, followed by a short interview with an HR manager. The entire round took about an hour. Heard back a few days after the interview concluded.

Company was extremely professional and accommodating. Paid for transportation to and from the airport, as well as flights. I really enjoyed meeting with the individuals I encountered during the process.

Interview Question – What three stories would you produce for this evening's news broadcast?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at NBCUniversal

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NBCUniversal NBC News Associate Program interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by NBCUniversal employees and interview candidates.