NBCUniversal Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Manager - Digital Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

All involved were very welcoming, very forthcoming with information regarding the position, the team, and the work environment. I met with five different members of the team in the span of three hours.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of something you had a chance to create as a solution to a problem?   1 Answer

East Coast Page Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

To get an initial video interview with NBCUniversal for their East Coast Page Program, you need to know a former Page, a current executive at NBCU, and you need to have had extensive internships in the media and entertainment industry. Once you get the video interview, you have a minute to prepare for each question and roughly a minute to reply, via video conferencing software in which no one is on the other end. After completing this initial part of the process, you should expect to wait a number of weeks before hearing back. If you do hear back, you'll be extended a chance to participate in a panel interview with 4-6 other Page Program candidates. The wait time between your video interview and panel interview can range anywhere from 1-3 months. The panel interview is definitely daunting and something you have to extensively prepare for. The group interview is easy, just be yourself. For the 2-minute presentation, do something creative, unique, and make sure you practice it plenty of times to make sure you stay within 2 minutes. The one-on-one interview part of the panel interview lacks personality and the interviewers are rather serious. Only one interviewer speaks and the other two are there primarily to listen and observe your behavior/s. You are not only judged on how you act but how you act while others are speaking. After the panel interview, expect to wait another month or two before hearing back. You'll hear back through email and it is very impersonal. Overall, the experience was out-of-this-world but the process is grueling and after waiting almost 3 months, the end-result can be rather disappointing. A process NOT for the faint of heart.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Sell NBCUniversal to investors in less than 2 minutes. What entertainment experience do you have? What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses? Discuss something that sets you apart from everyone else.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was extremely rapid and they were very unfriendly. It seemed as though they wanted me in and out as quickly as possible. I sat on a couch in a conference room, and it was barely official. They asked me about my experience with celebrities, which I obviously had none. They also asked me to go into detail about my work experiences and working under high pressure situations.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my experience working with celebrities and working in a group   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from talent requisition in 2 weeks. Screening call went went and I was invited for an on-site interview with the VP. The interview was only for half an hour. That went really well as well and then I was invited to interview the next week with a Director that the position required to work with and HR people. All interviews went really well and they told me I had almost reached the final step. Even before I stepped out of the building, I was told they were for reference checks. They called all 3 of my references within that week. But did not hear back from them for over 3 weeks - I followed up once. In the meantime I got another offer and I checked in to see if they have given the offer to someone else and should move on. I got a response from the talent requisition person that they are heading to a new direction. Not sure if that meant they hired someone else or if the position was canceled.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screening with hiring manager. He was very interested in my resume and was looking to fill a position that covered many properties but I was unclear as to what properties those were since this is a very large company.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking for a new opportunity.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Contacted for a video interview, which consisted of a few basic and easy questions. (The same which are listed by some reviewers below). You get a couple of seconds to gather your thoughts before answering... The next day, I was than contacted by a recruiter for an in-person interview. I met with three directors, two which were extremely nice. The final director I met with (who was the decision maker) was extremely arrogant. This interview consisted of him talking about himself and he did not ask me any questions whatsoever. However, during our interview he did happen to share that an internal candidate who was an intern was being considered for the position.

I felt like this interview process was a waste of my time, since it seemed like they already made a decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Sales?
      Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking.
      What is one academic or professional achievement that you are most proud of?

Answer Question

Digital Ad Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to complete a preliminary video interview, and was given 48 hours to complete it. The video interview consisted of about 6 questions (that i will list below). The system gave you a practice questions just so you could play everything back and make sure that it was satisfactory to you. I completed the video on Thursday night (due Friday). Friday morning I was contacted that the Ad Ops team would like to have me in for an in person and I scheduled an appointment for Tuesday afternoon. I met with three AMAZING members of the NBC Sports Ad Ops team all asked behavioral questions, the conversation with the VP was the best and most comfortable more about getting to know me. Two days later (Thursday) I was contacted by another member of HR who requested I provide 3 references and schedule an appointment with the HR Director for the following Monday. HR Director for the Ad Ops team was so friendly and polite and just asked basic questions about my background and interests, again very conversational, and informed me that this was the last phase of the interview process. On Wednesday, I followed up with the HR point person and got an automated email informing me that she was out of town until the following week. Approx 10 minutes after I sent the message I got a call from the same individual telling me that I was being offered the position. NBC hands down has the kindest most professional and efficient HR teams (at least Ad Ops), best hiring experience I've ever had!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not too much of a negotiation. This is an entry level position and I feel for the industry the offer was fair.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through employee referral and heard back the next day from HR. Set up a brief informational interview with HR for one week later. When the time came for the phone interview, HR kept pushing it back by an hour because of problems arising in the office. Finally when came time to interview, it aws very brief, just a few basic questions and then we scheduled an in person interview with the department. After the in person interview I was told a decisions was being made "soon" and I would hear back "soon." After a week and a half, I followed up with HR and expressed my continued interest and was told they were finalizing a final round of candidates and I would hear back "soon." After not hearing anything for a few weeks I figured I didn't get the position and finally two months after my initial phone interview I got a generic email that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NBC   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Was called in to interview after completing an online video application. Met with one person and had a pleasant, informal interview. It was a very relaxed and comfortable environment. I also brought my resume, though a copy had already been printed out by my interviewer. Was asked about my general career goals and interests.

Page Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Completed the first round video interview... questions were not difficult, however because it was a one-way conversation (recording) it was hard to know when to cut yourself off. Also, there as a timer on the bottom of the video screen that changed colors according to how much time you had left... this was very distracting. If the interview was a skype/phone interview, it would have been a lot easier.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something that we wouldn't know based on your resume.   Answer Question