NBCUniversal Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.9

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2012.

Brutal process and slow. You'll go through at least 5 rounds and most likely will take severals weeks before you hear back from anyone, whether it was acceptance or rejection

n/a

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2014.

It was really simple, questions like salary requirements, why you're choosing NBCUniversal, describe a time where you worked in a group, what are your goals. The first interview you are talking to a screen so its not as interactive as I had hoped but it's easy because it gives you 20-30 seconds to come up with your response, and then it counts down until the end.

Interview Questions
    • There's not really an unexpected question, it's just hard because it's not interactive and you can't ask questions. I guess the hardest one would have been, why ad sales, because you need to understand the position.   Answer Question

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2014.

Video interview, then contacted for a first round where I met with four executives, then came back in for additional interview with more executives and the EVP, then hired! It was very long the interviews would last a few hours because each meeting was 30-45 minutes so be ready and on your A-game.

Interview Questions
    • It was all very conversational not necessarily difficult questions that you could pin-point.   View Answer
    N/A

Page Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

Completed the first round video interview... questions were not difficult, however because it was a one-way conversation (recording) it was hard to know when to cut yourself off. Also, there as a timer on the bottom of the video screen that changed colors according to how much time you had left... this was very distracting. If the interview was a skype/phone interview, it would have been a lot easier.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something that we wouldn't know based on your resume.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2014.

I submitted my resume online, and I was asked to interview for "Production intern", although I did not apply for that. I emailed the HR staff who contacted me, regarding what the internship will be about, what I would be doing, etc. No answers for that, so I basically went into the interview at 30 Rock not knowing what to expect. There were three people interviewing me in total - one of them was late, one of them was texting the entire time, and the other one who was talking to me (who was seemingly the boss of that operation) was kind of a jerk. They basically just wanted some people to help run errands for them at minimum wage because they were starting a new show and needed help gathering props and stuff for the set. My resume indicated zero experience or intent on doing that sort of job, so why they chose to interview me was beyond me. A week later, I got an email saying I did not get the internship. I'm thankful, because I was looking up how I could advance my career in this field, and it is very unlikely. Even if you do become successful in it, the likelihood of making a lot of money (relative to the work you would have to put in) is low. When you consider how much money you get, and the total number of hours put in, you could literally make more as a union garbage man by the hour. If you're sweating bullets over your impending interview, don't worry, you're actually better off not getting the position.

Interview Questions
    • In a perfect world, where do you see yourself in 10 years? AND DON'T SAY BILLIONAIRE SITTING ON A BEACH, BE REALISTIC! (actually yelled).   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

The interview was via webcam and gives you 30 seconds to prep after the question is shown, and 2 minutes to answer each question… Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking. What is one academic or professional achievement that you are most proud of? Describe a time when you worked in a group, what was your role? Why do you want to work at NBC? What are your career goals? Why do you want to work in Sales?

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Applied through employee referral and heard back the next day from HR. Set up a brief informational interview with HR for one week later. When the time came for the phone interview, HR kept pushing it back by an hour because of problems arising in the office. Finally when came time to interview, it aws very brief, just a few basic questions and then we scheduled an in person interview with the department. After the in person interview I was told a decisions was being made "soon" and I would hear back "soon." After a week and a half, I followed up with HR and expressed my continued interest and was told they were finalizing a final round of candidates and I would hear back "soon." After not hearing anything for a few weeks I figured I didn't get the position and finally two months after my initial phone interview I got a generic email that the position had been filled.

Digital Position Interview Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Overall, the the interview process was pleasant, until we reached the references portion. There the process became one of the worst I've dealt with in recent years.

One of my references flat out refused to be used (didn't understand why then, now I totally get it) due to their apparent historical 'abuse' of references, which was news to me. Not sure how an HR group could put a sour taste in an external reference's mouth. But apparently it has happened.

They require two out of four of your supervisors be used as a reference. Which is fine, but in taking a small poll, most people from my industry do not keep in close contact with their past bosses. Not close enough to use as a reference.

A day after I provided the needed rank and number of references, the position description/duties changed and I was no longer in consideration. So my references, were probed for basically nothing.

I'm confident my references gave glowing reviews, so I'm certain they weren't lying about the last minute position change. I'm also assuming the department I was being considered for doesn't really have their act together. I dodged a bullet and at this time, I recommend you saving yourself from this department for the next year or so. At least give them time to figure out their structure.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you'd change the department or make a mark in your first 30 days in this position.   Answer Question

Sales Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2011.

Had a previous relationship with a Sales Planner who recommended me to the Sales Marketing Coordinator and Marketing Manager. I came in for a face to face interview and gave them a previous writing sample which they requested. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and was really used to get a feel for my motivation and attitude.

Campus II Careers Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2014.

The interview process went extremely well. The interviewer was very relaxed and seemed genuinely interested in placing me in the right position. She asked about my interests, how I found out about the company, what roles I would see myself in. Definitely expect to answer the typical "tell me about yourself" questions, also be prepared to present why you truly want to work for the company. Be genuine. The company truly wants innovative thinkers and interns who have done research before applying.

Interview Questions

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!