NBCUniversal

Relevance Date Difficulty

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – Applied through employee referral and heard back the next day from HR. Set up a brief informational interview with HR for one week later. When the time came for the phone interview, HR kept pushing it back by an hour because of problems arising in the office. Finally when came time to interview, it aws very brief, just a few basic questions and then we scheduled an in person interview with the department. After the in person interview I was told a decisions was being made "soon" and I would hear back "soon." After a week and a half, I followed up with HR and expressed my continued interest and was told they were finalizing a final round of candidates and I would hear back "soon." After not hearing anything for a few weeks I figured I didn't get the position and finally two months after my initial phone interview I got a generic email that the position had been filled.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for NBC   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was via webcam and gives you 30 seconds to prep after the question is shown, and 2 minutes to answer each question… Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking. What is one academic or professional achievement that you are most proud of? Describe a time when you worked in a group, what was your role? Why do you want to work at NBC? What are your career goals? Why do you want to work in Sales?

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking.   Answer Question

Page Program Interview

Page Program
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

Interview Details – Completed the first round video interview... questions were not difficult, however because it was a one-way conversation (recording) it was hard to know when to cut yourself off. Also, there as a timer on the bottom of the video screen that changed colors according to how much time you had left... this was very distracting. If the interview was a skype/phone interview, it would have been a lot easier.

Interview Question – Tell us something that we wouldn't know based on your resume.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Digital Position Interview Experience Interview

Digital Position Interview Experience
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – Overall, the the interview process was pleasant, until we reached the references portion. There the process became one of the worst I've dealt with in recent years.

One of my references flat out refused to be used (didn't understand why then, now I totally get it) due to their apparent historical 'abuse' of references, which was news to me. Not sure how an HR group could put a sour taste in an external reference's mouth. But apparently it has happened.

They require two out of four of your supervisors be used as a reference. Which is fine, but in taking a small poll, most people from my industry do not keep in close contact with their past bosses. Not close enough to use as a reference.

A day after I provided the needed rank and number of references, the position description/duties changed and I was no longer in consideration. So my references, were probed for basically nothing.

I'm confident my references gave glowing reviews, so I'm certain they weren't lying about the last minute position change. I'm also assuming the department I was being considered for doesn't really have their act together. I dodged a bullet and at this time, I recommend you saving yourself from this department for the next year or so. At least give them time to figure out their structure.

Interview Question – Describe how you'd change the department or make a mark in your first 30 days in this position.   Answer Question

Sales Marketing Interview

Sales Marketing
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2011.

Interview Details – Had a previous relationship with a Sales Planner who recommended me to the Sales Marketing Coordinator and Marketing Manager. I came in for a face to face interview and gave them a previous writing sample which they requested. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and was really used to get a feel for my motivation and attitude.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be good fit in this role?   Answer Question

Campus II Careers Intern Interview

Campus II Careers Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process went extremely well. The interviewer was very relaxed and seemed genuinely interested in placing me in the right position. She asked about my interests, how I found out about the company, what roles I would see myself in. Definitely expect to answer the typical "tell me about yourself" questions, also be prepared to present why you truly want to work for the company. Be genuine. The company truly wants innovative thinkers and interns who have done research before applying.

Interview Question – Why did you choose NBCU over our competitors?   Answer Question

Page Program Interview

Page Program
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – You first apply online and then hopefully you are contacted for an interview. The Page interview was a recorded interview where you have to record yourself with your computer webcam and they ask you 6 questions. You have 30 seconds to prepare for each question and then 60 seconds to answer it.

Interview Question – These were some of the questions that I can remember:

- Tell us about yourself
- Why should we hire you?
- Describe a time that you made a mistake

It's pretty hard especially because you are limited to STRICTLY 60 seconds
  Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR representative in what seemed to be a generic email sent out to all candidates. It was not addressed to me personally. I was asked to complete a recorded webcam interview and I was given a deadline to complete the interview, which was 3 days after I received the email. The link to the interview program was provided in the email. The plus side to this is that I could complete the interview on my own time and it was an easy application to use. The negative side is not having a person to actually communicate with. I had to answer 8 questions, 30 seconds to prepare my answer for each question, 120 seconds to record each response. They do give you time before the recorded interview to practice. You are unable to go back and edit your responses on the final recorded interview.
I followed up a few days after I submitted the interview expressing my interest and inquired about the status of my application. No word back. I checked the status of the job req to see that the position had been closed. Highly impersonal interviewing experience.

Interview Question – Questions were generic, typical interview questions for my position like "How do you deal with senior level people and people across the board, as well as difficult people in the work place?" or "What makes you stand out or different than other Executive Assistants?" Questions weren't hard. What might have been challenging for me personally is not having someone else to meet and interact with and even ask my own questions about the role and the company.   Answer Question

Page Interview

Page
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied last winter by email and heard back the next day to arrange a phone interview. Received an offer for a final round interview in New York after 2 weeks, but didn't receive the exact date for the in-person panel for another 2 months. Panel consisted of group portion, individual portion, and 2-minute timed presentation. Received an offer exactly 9 weeks after my interview. Long process with many pieces that lasted 6 months total.

Interview Question – What is the biggest risk you've ever taken, and what did you learn from it?
Tell me about a piece of constructive criticism you've received recently.
What would your last supervisor say is something you need to improve upon?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating regarding pay with the Page program, but I was able to negotiate a longer period to consider my offer before accepting.

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on the NBC Careers website. It took about a month or so to hear back. First was a phone interview with a recruiter where we went into great detail regarding my background and experience as it relates to the job that I applied for. After this, I was extended an in-person interview with 2 managers and director of research. After three weeks, I was called back for a second round interview with the VP of research where I also met with the HR director to speak about the position and the culture of NBCU.

Interview Question – All of the questions asked were relevant to my background. This being the case, I did not feel that any question was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated and they were able to meet me in the middle.

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!