NBCUniversal Page Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.8

Page Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online during the summer and I got a response via email for the automated video-recording interview about 2 months later. The in person interview came about 3 months after that, and I got the rejection 8 weeks after that. One of the 3 interviewers left in the middle of the interview, so I'm fairly sure there's one person making the final call. I know they interview groups of 7-12 final round applicants at a time, so the people you interview with aren't your only competition. From what I understand your chances are greatly improved if you interned at NBC, know someone in upper management who can vouch for you, or if you're going through the interview process for the second time. I'm fairly certain that a 6 month interview process for an entry level position, hence my negative experience, but this seems to be the best way to get into the company, so grit your teeth and play ball.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Page Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

The interview process was discouraging. The first step, an introductory phone call, was the basic hiring questions that come from your resume. For example, tell us about your previous work, etc. The next interview was unexpected. I was asked to do a web cam interview. It would seem straightforward, but I found the web cam to be extremely impersonal. I was disappointed by this step.

Interview Questions

• Sell NBCUniversal to potential clients in 1.5mins or less.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied last winter by email and heard back the next day to arrange a phone interview. Received an offer for a final round interview in New York after 2 weeks, but didn't receive the exact date for the in-person panel for another 2 months. Panel consisted of group portion, individual portion, and 2-minute timed presentation. Received an offer exactly 9 weeks after my interview. Long process with many pieces that lasted 6 months total.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest risk you've ever taken, and what did you learn from it?
      Tell me about a piece of constructive criticism you've received recently.
      What would your last supervisor say is something you need to improve upon?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating regarding pay with the Page program, but I was able to negotiate a longer period to consider my offer before accepting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Contacted via email for an email screen. In the email screen must answer 4 short essays in 1 hour and send back. After 4 months was offered an in person interview. If you are not located in LA you must get yourself here. After the in person interview, in general wait about 3 months to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Since the Comcast/NBCUniversal merger, what do you see for the future of television?   Answer Question

Page Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in December 2010.

Interview

Applied for the page program online and got a phone interview with human resources. The phone interview went well and took about 45 minutes. The human resources representative tried to get to know me, and why I wanted to work at NBC. I never heard back either yes or no, but obviously I got the hint after enough time passed.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer