NBCUniversal

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied last winter by email and heard back the next day to arrange a phone interview. Received an offer for a final round interview in New York after 2 weeks, but didn't receive the exact date for the in-person panel for another 2 months. Panel consisted of group portion, individual portion, and 2-minute timed presentation. Received an offer exactly 9 weeks after my interview. Long process with many pieces that lasted 6 months total.

Interview Question – What is the biggest risk you've ever taken, and what did you learn from it?
Tell me about a piece of constructive criticism you've received recently.
What would your last supervisor say is something you need to improve upon?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating regarding pay with the Page program, but I was able to negotiate a longer period to consider my offer before accepting.

Burbank, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 9 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview Details – Contacted via email for an email screen. In the email screen must answer 4 short essays in 1 hour and send back. After 4 months was offered an in person interview. If you are not located in LA you must get yourself here. After the in person interview, in general wait about 3 months to hear back.

Interview Question – Since the Comcast/NBCUniversal merger, what do you see for the future of television?   Answer Question

Page

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for the page program online and got a phone interview with human resources. The phone interview went well and took about 45 minutes. The human resources representative tried to get to know me, and why I wanted to work at NBC. I never heard back either yes or no, but obviously I got the hint after enough time passed.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!