NBCUniversal Page Program Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2015

3.4

Page Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I had a generally positive experience with the Page Program hiring process, the only frustration being its duration. I applied in June online, video interviewed in July, participated in an in-person panel interview in August, and heard back 9 weeks later in November. Once getting into the program there is an additional wait because you can only enter when a current Page leaves. The program administrator was generally very responsive and nice, answering emails promptly (besides within that 9 week period). At the panel interview, I got a similarly pleasant vibe from the other interviews and employees. I would suggest researching the program and company thoroughly online before your interviews, and a poised, well-articulated presentation seemed better received than theatrics in the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What is something you would implement to improve the company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Page Program Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2014.

Interview

1) First applied and completed most of my summer internship at NBCU, then went to the Page Program information session
    2) Sent the Page Program email my resume and cover letter, as well as had my supervisor submit a referral to them on my behalf (within the week of the info session, we only had a week to apply!). Also had to apply online through nbcunicareers
    3) Had a (at most) 15 minute interview with Page Program Director
    4) Had a combined interview of 3 parts: the first part was an interview with Page Program Director and Assistant Director where I sat with 3 other applicants. We were asked about 3-4 questions as a group. Then, we were separated into individual interviews that were specific to our resume/internship department. Finally, we performed a 2-minute presentation on why we should be in the Page Program, which was to address our previous work experience in entertainment and personality. I believe that each of the stages were recorded on a cell phone, I know at least the last two stages were.

NOTE: NBCU was VERY accommodating to current interns, as many of us were leaving soon and had to have interviews within certain dates or times. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND INTERNING HERE FIRST AND THEN DOING THE INTERN PIPELINE, AS YOU HAVE FEWER STEPS IN ADMISSION AND AN EXPEDITED PROCESS, as I have seen that it has taken months for some applicants.

Interview Questions

• Which cable network in our portfolio do you think is the weakest and why?
      Which marketing campaign have you noticed recently to be particularly strong?
      Tell us about the most challenging experience that you have had in a work setting (for interns, this is difficult because you don't have much experience to choose from)

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, lucky enough to get in!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Completed the first round video interview... questions were not difficult, however because it was a one-way conversation (recording) it was hard to know when to cut yourself off. Also, there as a timer on the bottom of the video screen that changed colors according to how much time you had left... this was very distracting. If the interview was a skype/phone interview, it would have been a lot easier.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something that we wouldn't know based on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

You first apply online and then hopefully you are contacted for an interview. The Page interview was a recorded interview where you have to record yourself with your computer webcam and they ask you 6 questions. You have 30 seconds to prepare for each question and then 60 seconds to answer it.

Interview Questions

• These were some of the questions that I can remember:

- Tell us about yourself
      - Why should we hire you?
      - Describe a time that you made a mistake

It's pretty hard especially because you are limited to STRICTLY 60 seconds

Answer Question

Page Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Not a bad interview per se. The interview questions seem to be all about why you want to work in media. I gave reasonable, well thought-out answers expressing my previous experience in media and interest level. But the person interviewing me apparently was not satisfied with my answer and continued asking me the same question repeatedly. Not sure what she was expecting.