NBCUniversal Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I had a phone call with human resources and then was invited to meet with the person hiring directly and the head of the team. In-person interviews were very casual.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for msnbc? What did you do at your previous job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was placed through a job recruiting firm to interview for this freelance position. Considering it's a major media company, the overall hiring process was quick. I was offered the position hours after the interview took place on a Friday afternoon and started the following Monday. Unfortunately, minimal information about the roles and responsibilities were disclosed prior to the interview, in addition to my first week in this role. More training would have been helpful. They ended up closing this particular freelance role after two weeks so there's not much to say about the experience other than it lacking the appropriate management training and welcoming of a new employee.

Interview Questions

• Q: What knowledge do you have on the analytical side of digital app integration?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screening with hiring manager. He was very interested in my resume and was looking to fill a position that covered many properties but I was unclear as to what properties those were since this is a very large company.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking for a new opportunity.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Standard interview. Not much to say. My resume was looked over, and they asked questions about my experience. Why I would be a good fit for the job. After the inteview they called me back for one more. I spoke with another manager. I didn't hear back.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. After initial interview they never called me back, even after I emailed a week after the interview there was never any reply. They had said they were definitely interested and would call me back soon. I suggest you ask for a date they will get back to you by.

Interview Questions

• They expect you to know and love NBC. Any news about the corporation and any information that you have especially about the department you will be in is what they like. They want to hear you a passion for NBC.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

This process went much faster than I would imagine any other process to. I submitted my resume and cover letter online, within a week I received a call from HR. HR was very detailed and thorough. A few days later an interview was set up with the hiring manager and who would be my eventual boss. Interview lasted about 30 mins..standard questions, what am I looking for, what is my salary requirements and how quickly I would be able to start.V ery quick, very standard. HR called again to say I would have another interview with the head of HR. I had that..it was about 20 mins..again very standard. And then I was made an offer. The whole process was no more than 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Didn't have any. Most of the questions were pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation

In my interview with the hiring mgr, I was asked my expected salary, I gave what I would like to be at, and did say I am willing to negotiate. Turns out, the hiring mgr ok'd what I wanted, and that was my offer