NBCUniversal

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.2

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

First contacted for a video interview and given 2 days to complete. very quick and straight forward, 6 questions. All the questions were listed on here already except - what does team work mean to you and how do you view yourself in a team (something along those lines). About 2 days after I submitted it i got an email from HR about my availability for an interview. Went in 2 days later to meet with 3 account executives where they told me about the position and asked a few basic questions - why media sales? tell me about your resume. how did you work in a team at your last company? how do you manage your workload on a typical day?
pretty quick and straight forward. you need to know show that you're a team player, take initiative and don't need to be babysat.
Next stage is w/ Hiring manager and dept. head. Surprisingly more relaxed - more of a conversation along w/ a few behavioral questions.

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Sales Assistant Interview

Once you passed the 1st screen, you will receive an email requesting a video interview. I think the HR will contact you directly once they feel you are the right person of the position, but might have interview in person after the video ones.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at NBCUniversal in December 2014.

I'm still in the interview screening but the questions weren't that hard. Just prepare beforehand. There will be three written questions and 6 video questions. The video questions will allow 30 seconds to prep and 60 seconds to answer

Interview Questions
    • Written: what are your salary requirements ?   Answer Question
    • Written: When are you available to start working ?   Answer Question
    • Written: Can we keep your application on file? ( for temp opportunities)   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in sales ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you thought outside the box?

How would you compare yourself to your co-workers/classmates?

Name a professional or academic achievement?

Discuss your experience with working in groups. What role did you play?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in December 2014.

Contacted for a video interview, which consisted of a few basic and easy questions. (The same which are listed by some reviewers below). You get a couple of seconds to gather your thoughts before answering... The next day, I was than contacted by a recruiter for an in-person interview. I met with three directors, two which were extremely nice. The final director I met with (who was the decision maker) was extremely arrogant. This interview consisted of him talking about himself and he did not ask me any questions whatsoever. However, during our interview he did happen to share that an internal candidate who was an intern was being considered for the position.

I felt like this interview process was a waste of my time, since it seemed like they already made a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in Sales?
      Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking.
      What is one academic or professional achievement that you are most proud of?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

The interview was via webcam and gives you 30 seconds to prep after the question is shown, and 2 minutes to answer each question… Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking. What is one academic or professional achievement that you are most proud of? Describe a time when you worked in a group, what was your role? Why do you want to work at NBC? What are your career goals? Why do you want to work in Sales?

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2014.

It was really simple, questions like salary requirements, why you're choosing NBCUniversal, describe a time where you worked in a group, what are your goals. The first interview you are talking to a screen so its not as interactive as I had hoped but it's easy because it gives you 20-30 seconds to come up with your response, and then it counts down until the end.

Interview Questions
    • There's not really an unexpected question, it's just hard because it's not interactive and you can't ask questions. I guess the hardest one would have been, why ad sales, because you need to understand the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

I recently interviewed for the Sales Assistant position and it went extremely fast. This interview was done via webcam and I was given 6 questions.You have 30 secs to prep for the question and then 60 seconds to talk. There is no REDO The first question was a written question and it only asked, "What are your salary requirements?" The other questions are as follows: Why do you want to work in Sales? Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking. What is one academic or professional achievement that you are most proud of? Describe a time when you worked in a group, what was your role? What are your career goals?

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to do out of the box thinking.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Called in for an Interview. Everyone was very pleasant and kind. They described the job more than asked questions