NBCUniversal

NBCUniversal Talent Acquisition Intern Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Talent Acquisition Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2013.

I first spoke with the current intern through a phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes--the interview wasn't pre-scheduled but was done right then and there. About a month or so later I heard back from the intern and they invited me for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
  • What are some ideas you have for increasing participation in intern events.   Answer Question
  • Walk me through your resume.
    What would you tell an employee who has ran out of things to do.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Talent Acquisition Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2010.

There's a first round interview through the phone which is conducted by the current intern. This is where all the technical questions are asked regarding your work ethnic, challenges you faced, strengths and weaknesses, etc. I think it's beneficial that this is carried over the phone because you could have notes and points you want to address prepared in front of you during the phone interview. Also, having a current intern interview you means they're roughly the same age so the phone environment doesn't feel so intimidating. Just make sure to impress him or her regardless!

If you pass the first round phone interview, you are invited to an on-site interview with two of the internship coordinators. I thoroughly enjoyed their personalities, and you definitely get a sense of the working environment. However, where I came short was I was expecting more questions where I can showcase my fit for the position, but instead the interview process was very relaxed and they just walked over my resume with me. They asked questions about what I did in the past, what I wished to gain from this internship, etc. I'm not sure how they decided their interns based off this if everyone's second round was as colloquial as mine.

The coordinators had told me I should expect to hear a response by mid-next week but I waited two weeks and did not receive any contact either through a phone call or email. I had to personally call the coordinator to ask the status of the internship and it was not until then that he told me the position had been filled. I personally believe a company should have the courtesy to follow up with all applicants regardless if they land the position or not.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of environment do you like to work in? Would you say you enjoying being out and interacting with people or working behind the scenes in the office?   Answer Question