NBCUniversal

1 Interview Review

2.8

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Acquisitions Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal.

One of the worst interviewing experiences of my life. I applied through website initially and forgot all about it as it was so long before I received a response. I then received an email from a PA inviting me to interview. Naturally, I was delighted as this really was a dream job for me. I attended the interview which was fairly informal, relaxed and friendly. It could not have gone better. I was really pleased and excited and was told I would hear back regarding a second interview in approx. a week.

This is where NBCUni really started to let themselves down. I heard nothing for weeks. I chased the manager who interviewed me, I chased HR and nothing... no one responded to my multiple emails and voicemails. I had all but given up hope when I received an email from HR asking if I could attend an interview the following morning. This was near impossible with notice given as I had a number of important meetings that I could not reschedule at such short notice. I quickly explained this to the HR manager and supplied a number of other options.... Again I heard nothing. I called him over and over and over again to discuss but he never called me back or responded to my email.

He finally, sent me an email the following morning (after my allotted interview time) to imply there would be no further interview slots available. I felt very let down as if he had got back to me or I had managed to speak with him prior to this I would have done whatever it took to make the interview... even if that meant damaging my relationship with my current employer. He said he would get back to me and keep me updated with any progress. Which, of course, he hasn't done. I can only assume the position has been filled and I have missed out on a once in a lifetime opportunity thanks to the incompetence of the HR team.

Interview Questions
    • Give me three negative words your friends would use to describe you. Now give me three negative words your boss would use to describe you.   View Answer