NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Universal City, CA

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.8

Desktop Engineer (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was the department manager and 3 subordinate engineers. It was a standard IT group interview, however, it was left to the lead engineer to conduct the discussion and questioning. The other engineers and manager only occasionally interjected with their questions or comments. It was a fair, if uninspired, process.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me where you'd like to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

An IT role from another organization was more appealing.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I first interviewed at a conference which went well, pretty casual questions and good vibes. After that I had to do a video interview ( which apparently is supposed to be first). I thought it was awful since you are using a video tool and are given a question and then timed to record your answer. I much rather talk to someone than watch myself talk on webcam. However I answered the questions fairly well i guess. Lastly I was given a phone interview which was also pretty short and casual. Overall it was a good interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the last time you thought out of the box and how did you do it   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Process went smoothly. I received follow up when it was scheduled. The two people I interviewed with were responsive and respectful of my time. The first interview was a phone interview. I was brought into the office for two in person interviews. The interviews felt very casual and straight forward.

Talent Acquisition Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I first spoke with the current intern through a phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes--the interview wasn't pre-scheduled but was done right then and there. About a month or so later I heard back from the intern and they invited me for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some ideas you have for increasing participation in intern events.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume.
      What would you tell an employee who has ran out of things to do.

Answer Question

Telemundo Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail from the HR dept. She sent me a list with a couple of general questions such as what I want to do with my career. After this, I received a called where we discussed what department at NBCUniversal would be best fit. I was then contacted by the Telemundo Dept. and talked about why I wanted to be at Telemundo and how familiar I was with the network. Then I got invited to come in for an in-person interview. They were very professional and very focused on my career goals.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were related to the Network such as: Favorite Novelas (Soap Operas)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

After the in-person interview, I received a call for the internship. It was unpaid, for school credit, therefore no negotiation took place.

Production Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I received an email to schedule an in house interview. I interviewed with the CFO assistant, CFO, a manager, and a director. the whole process took about three hours. When i was driving to the interview, apparently I got an email asking to come in later. Since i was already there, I interviewed with a lot of people.
    I was emailed an offer for the position a week later.

Expeditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

General Questions about work history in related field. They were mostly concerned if I was able to work in the fast paced environment that was required. They also wanted to know if I was literate in tape format, encoding, and technical ability to use different tape decks.

Interview Questions

• If I had any production or post production experience.   1 Answer

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I originally applied for a position and heard back from a recruiter that same day. Scheduled a phone interview for the following week, which went well. He then scheduled me for one-on-one interviews with three other people (managers/director of dept). When interviewing with the three I felt very confident. They seemed to be interested and the manager of the position told me directly that she was interested in me and even asked how soon would i be able to start if given the opportunity. They were all very friendly and explained the job position throughly and seemed interested. So the last person i met with was the recruiter and he said he would get back to me no later than the next week regardless of their decision. So then a week went by, then the second and i still hadn't heard anything. So i took it upon myself to contact the recruiter when he told me that they had decided to go forward with another candidate. I felt that they definately mislead me based on the interview and I think it was unprofessional of the recruiter to not contact me. Had I not called him i'm almost positive that i would have never heard back from him.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

First, phone interview with recruiter. Then scheduled 2 one-on-one interviews with others in the team. Came back another day to interview with the manager. Whole process took about 2 weeks.

Talent Acquisition Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

There's a first round interview through the phone which is conducted by the current intern. This is where all the technical questions are asked regarding your work ethnic, challenges you faced, strengths and weaknesses, etc. I think it's beneficial that this is carried over the phone because you could have notes and points you want to address prepared in front of you during the phone interview. Also, having a current intern interview you means they're roughly the same age so the phone environment doesn't feel so intimidating. Just make sure to impress him or her regardless!

If you pass the first round phone interview, you are invited to an on-site interview with two of the internship coordinators. I thoroughly enjoyed their personalities, and you definitely get a sense of the working environment. However, where I came short was I was expecting more questions where I can showcase my fit for the position, but instead the interview process was very relaxed and they just walked over my resume with me. They asked questions about what I did in the past, what I wished to gain from this internship, etc. I'm not sure how they decided their interns based off this if everyone's second round was as colloquial as mine.

The coordinators had told me I should expect to hear a response by mid-next week but I waited two weeks and did not receive any contact either through a phone call or email. I had to personally call the coordinator to ask the status of the internship and it was not until then that he told me the position had been filled. I personally believe a company should have the courtesy to follow up with all applicants regardless if they land the position or not.

Interview Questions

• What kind of environment do you like to work in? Would you say you enjoying being out and interacting with people or working behind the scenes in the office?   Answer Question