NBTY

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at NBTY.

Interview Details – It has been years since I interviewed but I do remember it being thorough and specific. Sales background necessary as a minimum requirement. A college degree is helpful but not necessary.

Interview Question – Are you willing to travel 75% of the time. You never really know how much 75% is until you are on the road away from friends and family.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NBTY in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted through email about a production supervisor position the company had available. I spoke to the HR recruiter, and we set up a date for a phone interview. All the questions were out of the book. Why do you want to work here? Do you have supervisor experience? What improvements/changes did you make at your previous job?
The interviewer was very interested in setting up an in-person interview with the management team up until she asked about salary expectations. I told her I was open to a competitive offer, and she followed up by asking about my current salary. When I told her my salary, she was disappointed and said I was way over their range. I asked her for the salary range, but she refused to provide it.
Two months later I was contacted by a separate recruiter located out of state. She asked if I was interested in a Packaging Supervisor position that was located in my area. It was not the same position I had previously interviewed for, and she was unaware of my previous interview. I told her I was interested, and she interviewed me on the spot. Again, the salary was an issue. She said she would talk to the hiring manager and see if they had any flexibility. The following day she called and said they could not move forward.
I’m on the low end of a Production Supervisor pay scale, and it sounds like their range is much lower than that.

Interview Question – All questions were out of the book.   Answer Question

Vitamins Inspector Interview

Vitamins Inspector
Melville, NY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at NBTY in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for about 30 min they asked about my goals and what I wanted to be doing 5 years from the time of getting the job

Interview Question – what my planes for the future would be   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Label Coordinator Interview

Label Coordinator
Ronkonkoma, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NBTY in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was about an hour. Manager basically asked why I wanted to work here, job description.

Consumer Affairs Interview

Consumer Affairs
Bohemia, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBTY in June 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a consumer affairs position in June 2011. The hiring manager couldn't properly explain the position, training or expectations and it seemed as though he had just been hired himself. When I asked him to walk me through a typical day he said "you come in, turn on your computer, answer some emails and calls...take lunch...repeat and go home". He couldn't have been more vague.

Interview Question – As the hiring manager couldn't properly explain most things related to the job, he had little to no questions for me to answer.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Vice President Interview

Vice President

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at NBTY in June 2012.

Interview Details – Not as detailed as I would have expected for a VP position.

Interview Question – No real questions. Just conversation   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary

Category Manager Interview

Category Manager
Ronkonkoma, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at NBTY in October 2009.

Interview Details – Long and drawn out process. But I must admit it was thorough. Underpaid me by almost 10K less than what the job offered. At the time I was in no position to negotiate. Now I look back and realize how demoralizing that was before I even started.

Interview Question – They were pretty standard. Alittle childish "How would you handle a conflict with another associate" Me: Depends on circumstance, associate, what the issue was about, minor or major....I did the dance and apparently it worked. Just knew it was going to be a catty place before I got there. And I was so right!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. You got the job. Your starting salary is....

Picker Interview

Picker
Hazleton, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NBTY in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired through a staffing agency. If you do your job well the company will hire you. Just pass a drug screening and you all set.

Interview Question – No questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pass a drug test

Assistant Fulfillment Supervisor Interview

Assistant Fulfillment Supervisor
Carbondale, IL

I applied through other source - interviewed at NBTY in August 2008.

Interview Details – Responded to an add in the local newspaper. Was interviewed by 4 top managers. The plant manager, the asst. plant manager, fulfillment supervisor and HR manager. I was notified a week later that I had been selected. They made me feel comfortable and asked if it was ok to be interviewed by a panel of people. I was not made aware of who the plant manager was until after the interview. Looking back on it, he was the one with the most questions.

Interview Question – One question I remember was what type of management philosophy did I believe in, and would I be willing to wright people up. I was also asked whether my military experience or my college experience had prepared me more for this position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No ability to negotiate, I was offered $11 and hour and benefits to start. Take it, or leave it.

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
Bohemia, NY

The process took 3+ months - interviewed at NBTY in November 2009.

Interview Details – Very long; couldn't seem to make a decision. Granted I was not a perfect fit for the position but it bordered on unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Will you fit in our culture?   View Answer
  • You have worked from home for several years. Why would you want to change that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. In this economy they held all the cards. They definitely low balled me. The job offered "X" and they offered me "X" less "Y".

Worked for NBTY? Contribute to the Community!