NBTY Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.3

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ronkonkoma, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NBTY (Ronkonkoma, NY).

Interview

Met with a whole bunch of people. I thought it went quite well however was informed the same day that I wasn't a good fit for the position. No sour grapes here, disappointed but still believe that this is a good company with solid potential.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   1 Answer

Line Worker Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NBTY.

Interview

temp agency set me up I went in they spoke, and I got a job Fairly simple They have lots of turnover They asked me about my history, and why I wanted to work there . Would I be open to working different shifts. Nothing too difficult. They needed bodies . they still do. It a production line job. Not much to think about

Receiving Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBTY.

Interview

The process to 2-3 weeks, from meeting with the hiring manager, to drug & background check, to completing the on board process. But it is worth it to work for a great, stable company like NBTY

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NBTY (Sparks, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

People conducting interview seemed very inexperienced, didn't seem to know what they really wanted. I was led on questions (expectation was conveyed before asking me about it ). Overall, I think their style of screening candidates would lead to simply having a work force that was deft enough to pick up on their leading and not necessarily those who possess the qualities they think they want. I was also asked some inappropriate questions, overall I was appalled and had to consciously will myself not to run out the door.

Interview Questions

• Q: We want someone who is able to pick up quickly on an AS400 system, can you do that?   Answer Question

Account Manager and Consumer Affairs Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bohemia, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBTY (Bohemia, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

This has to be the most bizare company. First time I applied was for an account manager position. I received an email from HR asking when is the best time to contact me, only to never be contacted. The second time was for the consumer affairs position. I had a wonderful phone interview with the HR recruiter, came in and met with the hiring manager and was told I should hear back by the end of the week. After that time came and went I contacted the recruiter who said they will have an answer two weeks later, still no response after that. Three months later and on their site, my resume is still under review.

Trade Display Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ronkonkoma, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBTY (Ronkonkoma, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

After a brief email exchange and phone interview, I was scheduled for an interview with two supervisors in the department. The interview was informative about the job, and the interviewers were pleasant. I had questions about recent news of the company's financial downgrade, as well as the new regulatory crackdown on health supplements, and these questions were met with non-answers or pep talk about having to be competitive. Perhaps a bad move on my part, but these issues dampened my desire to join the company, and if they couldn't be addressed before the hire, I was content with not joining this company. My biggest disappointment was with HR. I was told twice to expect a call within a week, and both times those calls were late. When the interview was finally scheduled, I was promised a follow up from HR with the address and time. I didn't get this until 5pm the day before the interview, after sending two requests for the information. And then after the interview, they never contacted me to let me know I didn't get the position, even after a follow up.

Interview Questions

• There were no challenging questions. Our conversations centered around my experience, and how I think I would fit the position.   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holbrook, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NBTY (Holbrook, NY).

Interview

Multiple interviews with multiple people that varied depending on which way the wind blew. I was interviewed by people who were at my level so it felt more like a popularity contest. I had to be sure they didn't feel threatened which made it more of a therapy session.

Interview Questions

• What question did you hope I would ask you today.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They dragged out the process so long, you didn't dare/

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBTY.

Interview

It has been years since I interviewed but I do remember it being thorough and specific. Sales background necessary as a minimum requirement. A college degree is helpful but not necessary.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel 75% of the time. You never really know how much 75% is until you are on the road away from friends and family.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NBTY (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted through email about a production supervisor position the company had available. I spoke to the HR recruiter, and we set up a date for a phone interview. All the questions were out of the book. Why do you want to work here? Do you have supervisor experience? What improvements/changes did you make at your previous job? The interviewer was very interested in setting up an in-person interview with the management team up until she asked about salary expectations. I told her I was open to a competitive offer, and she followed up by asking about my current salary. When I told her my salary, she was disappointed and said I was way over their range. I asked her for the salary range, but she refused to provide it. Two months later I was contacted by a separate recruiter located out of state. She asked if I was interested in a Packaging Supervisor position that was located in my area. It was not the same position I had previously interviewed for, and she was unaware of my previous interview. I told her I was interested, and she interviewed me on the spot. Again, the salary was an issue. She said she would talk to the hiring manager and see if they had any flexibility. The following day she called and said they could not move forward. I’m on the low end of a Production Supervisor pay scale, and it sounds like their range is much lower than that.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBTY (Lyndhurst, NJ).

Interview

Long process. But worth the wait.