NC State Employees' Credit Union Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2014
Updated Jun 21, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union.

Mailed in an application and was contacted two days later by a small north Raleigh branch. I interviewed with the branch manager, having about a 30 minute interview. I have a Master's degree in a social science, so the first question I was asked is why I chose to apply to SECU. The questions to follow were general, "why would I be the best candidate," "what would my supervisor say is something I can work on," and questions regarding situations and customers. I was informed of the career track within SECU and asked what information I know about SECU. Interviewer was very open about the particular branch environment, informing me that some employees have to be "tip toed" around on a daily basis (which I found to be unprofessional). Following the interview I was never informed that I did not receive the position in a formal manner (letter, etc).

Senior Financial Services Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union.

Simple interview with branch manager. They will ask basic interview questions about your career goals, strengths, weaknesses, ect. Try to appear professional and be well spoken. As long as you do not say anything bad, you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • All simple questions and answers. Just don't say anything off color and you will be fine. Look professional.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elizabeth City, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth City, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union in March 2014.

Applied in person and offered interview the next day. Still waiting to hear back. Three person interview and was rather laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union in January 2014.

started with a phone interview. A few days later i was called to come in for a second individual interview and told me they would call back. got the call back and had a final group interview. They called minutes later to extend an offer. I accepted

full benefits and statrting 30k

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union in January 2014.

During the interview process was quite smooth (I guess it depends what branch and who interviews you). It felt like regular conversation. My interview was on a Tuesday (Jan 14) and I got offered the position that following Thursday (Jan 16) . Start/Started training Wednesday (Jan 29th).

Interview Questions
    • 1.) What or How do you define Success?

2.) What is most unpopular decision that you made and why?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union in October 2013.

Mail/Fax handwritten copy of application and resume. They will contact you. First interview will be over the phone (brief 15 minutes or less). Second interview will be in person and made while on the phone. It may be with anywhere from 1-3 different people depending on the branch. If they like you at the end of the interview they will ask if it is okay to contact references, do background check, and credit check. An offer of employment will be next.

My Qualifications:

2-3 years retail/customer service experience.
    Bachelor's Degree in Business and Management Ethics.
    Reliable transportation.
    Nothing on my criminal (no speeding tickets).
    760 credit score (no negative lines of credit).
    Opened my bank accounts at their bank.
    Senior Project was on Non-Profits (SECU is non-profit).
    Everything on my Facebook account is professional (no partying).
    Wore a suit and arrived at my interviews with all materials and 15 minutes prior exactly.
    Answered all questions promptly, accurately, and with a humble demeanor.

After being interviewed 10 times at 6 different locations, my employer being called (risked me losing my job), personal references called, etc I still have not received employment-Why?

Not as many years of experience as another candidate.
    Internal Transfer.

Don't waste your time. I certainly won't anymore.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three weakest qualities about yourself?   View Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union in September 2013.

Interview was fairly easy, though I got the impression that they weren't prepared for the interview. Interviewed, in person, with two managers. Got ask a few irrelevant/strange questions throughout the interview. Overall, the company seems like a good company to work for with excellent benefits. Biggest con I could see is that the headquarters appeared to be a cubicle maze.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about (insert town)? What did you like about your University?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union.

One meeting with an interviewer, second interview with the manager of the contact center, third interview with the manager of the contact center and employee development.

There is no negotiations

Financial Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union.

Pretty generic. Asked typical interview questions

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, everyone starts the same.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union in July 2013.

I submitted the paper application, received a phone call from the Senior Vice President and was hired right on the spot. He didn't actually ask me any traditional interview questions. We actually spent most of our time talking about the Credit Union and how the Career path works and what how to progress through it etc.

Worked for NC State Employees' Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!