NC State Employees' Credit Union

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.1

Financial Services Officer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union.

Submitted a app through the mail and emailed the branch after about a week to make sure they received it and was brought in for a interview. They are focused on the long term and are looking for some one with plans of staying around for a bit and making this a career. The 1st interviewer talked about SECU and how they were different from a Bank. She also talked about pay and benefits. Some questions are worded in a way that may get you to uncover true intentions.

Interview Questions
    • what do you think your biggest weakness will be in this position.   View Answer
    I was making more at my previous job so they said the most we can offer is ___ and that's it. With the benefits I was going to get with free health insurance and a set mon-fri work schedule and the stress i lost it was worth every penny.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union in October 2014.

Sent out an application on Monday, got a call on Tuesday for an interview on Thursday. First I was interviews by an A.M. and a teller supervisor and after I answered all of their questions a manager came in and chatted with me. The questions were typical interview questions, like strengths and weaknesses, what would my references say about me and situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why should they hire me for a limited time? I'm in the area for a limited time and they didn't want to have to look for another person a yer from now.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union.

Mailed in an application and was contacted two days later by a small north Raleigh branch. I interviewed with the branch manager, having about a 30 minute interview. I have a Master's degree in a social science, so the first question I was asked is why I chose to apply to SECU. The questions to follow were general, "why would I be the best candidate," "what would my supervisor say is something I can work on," and questions regarding situations and customers. I was informed of the career track within SECU and asked what information I know about SECU. Interviewer was very open about the particular branch environment, informing me that some employees have to be "tip toed" around on a daily basis (which I found to be unprofessional). Following the interview I was never informed that I did not receive the position in a formal manner (letter, etc).

Senior Financial Services Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union.

Simple interview with branch manager. They will ask basic interview questions about your career goals, strengths, weaknesses, ect. Try to appear professional and be well spoken. As long as you do not say anything bad, you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • All simple questions and answers. Just don't say anything off color and you will be fine. Look professional.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth City, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth City, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union in March 2014.

Applied in person and offered interview the next day. Still waiting to hear back. Three person interview and was rather laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union in January 2014.

During the interview process was quite smooth (I guess it depends what branch and who interviews you). It felt like regular conversation. My interview was on a Tuesday (Jan 14) and I got offered the position that following Thursday (Jan 16) . Start/Started training Wednesday (Jan 29th).

Interview Questions
    • 1.) What or How do you define Success?

2.) What is most unpopular decision that you made and why?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union in January 2014.

started with a phone interview. A few days later i was called to come in for a second individual interview and told me they would call back. got the call back and had a final group interview. They called minutes later to extend an offer. I accepted

full benefits and statrting 30k

Financial Service Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union in December 2013.

I went to the branch and was interviewed by the branch manager and teller manager for about 30 minutes. It was very laidback and the interview was very easy especially compared to some of the corporations I interviewed with before. Mostly behavioral interview questions. I asked about the pay and benefits and they were more than willing to discuss that with me. I sent a thank you letter to them after the interview. It took about a week to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • None really. How would you deal with a difficult member and how do you handle stress?   View Answer
    No salary negotiation. I was in no place to negotiate and I highly doubt I would been able to with them.

Financial Service Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union in November 2013.

Fax my resume and application. Got called for an interview 2 Day later. Interview was very basic. Met with 2 people. Gave me the job overview. Ask a couple of questions fairly easy to say the least. Make sure you have cash handling experience.Still waiting on a response

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union in October 2013.

Mail/Fax handwritten copy of application and resume. They will contact you. First interview will be over the phone (brief 15 minutes or less). Second interview will be in person and made while on the phone. It may be with anywhere from 1-3 different people depending on the branch. If they like you at the end of the interview they will ask if it is okay to contact references, do background check, and credit check. An offer of employment will be next.

My Qualifications:

2-3 years retail/customer service experience.
    Bachelor's Degree in Business and Management Ethics.
    Reliable transportation.
    Nothing on my criminal (no speeding tickets).
    760 credit score (no negative lines of credit).
    Opened my bank accounts at their bank.
    Senior Project was on Non-Profits (SECU is non-profit).
    Everything on my Facebook account is professional (no partying).
    Wore a suit and arrived at my interviews with all materials and 15 minutes prior exactly.
    Answered all questions promptly, accurately, and with a humble demeanor.

After being interviewed 10 times at 6 different locations, my employer being called (risked me losing my job), personal references called, etc I still have not received employment-Why?

Not as many years of experience as another candidate.
    Internal Transfer.

Don't waste your time. I certainly won't anymore.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three weakest qualities about yourself?   View Answer