NC State Employees' Credit Union Interview Questions in North Carolina

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a short phone interview. During this phone call I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview the following week. There I was interviewed by two people at the offices. Very straight forward interview and was given extensive useful information about the position even before being asked any questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one negative thing you're previous/current employer would say about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Single Interview with a panel. Interviewers were a bit too informal from the get go. Job posting was not clear on position available. Most banks consider the financial services representative as the person the tellers refer clients to or the one you sign in to see in an office or cubicle. The job listings should state TELLER because that's what it really is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Mailed in an application and was contacted two days later by a small north Raleigh branch. I interviewed with the branch manager, having about a 30 minute interview. I have a Master's degree in a social science, so the first question I was asked is why I chose to apply to SECU. The questions to follow were general, "why would I be the best candidate," "what would my supervisor say is something I can work on," and questions regarding situations and customers. I was informed of the career track within SECU and asked what information I know about SECU. Interviewer was very open about the particular branch environment, informing me that some employees have to be "tip toed" around on a daily basis (which I found to be unprofessional). Following the interview I was never informed that I did not receive the position in a formal manner (letter, etc).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth City, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Elizabeth City, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied in person and offered interview the next day. Still waiting to hear back. Three person interview and was rather laid back.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Raleigh, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

started with a phone interview. A few days later i was called to come in for a second individual interview and told me they would call back. got the call back and had a final group interview. They called minutes later to extend an offer. I accepted

Interview Questions

Negotiation

full benefits and statrting 30k

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Greensboro, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

Mail/Fax handwritten copy of application and resume. They will contact you. First interview will be over the phone (brief 15 minutes or less). Second interview will be in person and made while on the phone. It may be with anywhere from 1-3 different people depending on the branch. If they like you at the end of the interview they will ask if it is okay to contact references, do background check, and credit check. An offer of employment will be next. My Qualifications: 2-3 years retail/customer service experience. Bachelor's Degree in Business and Management Ethics. Reliable transportation. Nothing on my criminal (no speeding tickets). 760 credit score (no negative lines of credit). Opened my bank accounts at their bank. Senior Project was on Non-Profits (SECU is non-profit). Everything on my Facebook account is professional (no partying). Wore a suit and arrived at my interviews with all materials and 15 minutes prior exactly. Answered all questions promptly, accurately, and with a humble demeanor. After being interviewed 10 times at 6 different locations, my employer being called (risked me losing my job), personal references called, etc I still have not received employment-Why? Not as many years of experience as another candidate. Internal Transfer. Don't waste your time. I certainly won't anymore.

Interview Questions

• What are the three weakest qualities about yourself?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Raleigh, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy, though I got the impression that they weren't prepared for the interview. Interviewed, in person, with two managers. Got ask a few irrelevant/strange questions throughout the interview. Overall, the company seems like a good company to work for with excellent benefits. Biggest con I could see is that the headquarters appeared to be a cubicle maze.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about (insert town)? What did you like about your University?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

I submitted the paper application, received a phone call from the Senior Vice President and was hired right on the spot. He didn't actually ask me any traditional interview questions. We actually spent most of our time talking about the Credit Union and how the Career path works and what how to progress through it etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurinburg, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Laurinburg, NC).

Interview

It took about three weeks to get scheduled for an interview. When the day came, I was to interview at 9:30am, but had to wait until 10am. The greeter was very polite and directed me where to sit while I waited. While waiting I noticed visibly younger staff members going into older staff member’s offices for advice. There seemed to be a strong culture of teamwork. Furthermore, I was interviewed by the branch manager, teller manager, and financial services manager. They were all really friendly and told me not to be nervous. They asked the basics: “Tell me about yourself”, “Why do you want this job”, “What did you like about your last job”, etc. It felt much more like a conversation about me, than an interview. It has been about three weeks and I’m still waiting for a response. Overall (at this point), the interview process is straightforward as long as you actually prepare, and care about making a good impression.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NC State Employees' Credit Union (Raleigh, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

First interview was very basic interview, and salary was discussed at $26K plus $6K in "benefits pay". Second interview was with SVP over call center. Very forward questions, done in a group interview setting. There were 3 interviewers who asked generic interview questions, and the SVP picked those answers apart and asked decent follow up questions. Overall a good interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between empathy and sympathy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Their offer was final.