NCH

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NCH in May 2013.

Interview Details – Received a telephone interview first, went very well. I interviewed and discussed my experience and qualifications for the job. The immediately scheduled an in-person interview for the next day.

I met with the Creative Director. He was friendly and asked good questions. We spoke at length about the position and he said it appears that I have a good understanding and qualifications for the position. He did say they wanted to interview more people, yet were having a problem getting them in.

I sent the Creative Director a personalized greeting card thanking him for his time, and again stated that I was interested in the position and hoped for the opportunity to work with him & his team. I also followed it up with an email as well. I heard nothing for a week and a half, so I emailed again and also emailed the HR person who did the initial phone interview.

I got a very bizarrely written "generic" response with a "do not reply" email. It said that they were going to hire "more experienced" individuals. Now granted, if there's something I lacked, I can't think of it. In fact, I have been in the business just as long as the Creative Director and worked for as many companies as he has.

I emailed the HR person and the Creative Director again, to get a clarification on what I can do to improve my attractiveness to future employers (a standard business 101 request) and I get no response.

Just found their lack of comments highly unprofessional. I can't help but think its either an age issue or an insecurity issue but needless to say, very weird experience.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, your standard designer interview. Looked through my portfolio.   Answer Question

Worked for NCH? Contribute to the Community!