NCH

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Representative/Inside Sales Interview

Account Representative/Inside Sales
Irving, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at NCH.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by the sales manager within a few days. The interview consisted of a brief phone and scheduled for a face to face. I did the in person interview w/manager did some shadowing to see if this is what I wanted to do. It was something i saw myself being able to do and felt like I'd fit right in.

Interview Question – Pretty Generic questions nothing difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was too low I haven't worked for such a low pay in about a decade. Commissions is involved but still didn't seem worth it.

Sales Representative - Certified Labs Interview

Sales Representative - Certified Labs
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NCH in August 2012.

Interview Details – Quick and decisive. Started with an app online, then phone interview, field ride, phone interview and face to face in Irving, TX. Started at the end of the month where they sent me to training.

Negotiation Details – You get what they offer

Sales Representative - Certified Labs Interview

Sales Representative - Certified Labs

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at NCH.

Interview Details – Meet with a Recruiter that sells you on the job, then 2nd interview you meet with prospective manager. They tell you that it is easy to make $100k + in the 1st year, but pay you $1,000 Salary per Month.

Interview Question – They will hire anyone   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Set initial pay scale that you can never reach the higher tier.

Vice President Finance & Strategy Interview

Vice President Finance & Strategy
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NCH.

Interview Details – I took time off of work to fly to Dallas and interview but I did not get the agenda until the last minute. Most of the interviews seemed normal. An HR director asked some questions which I promptly gave answers to and then she kept telling me that there is no right answer like I needed her assurance even though I answered the questions promptly and with confidence. It was odd.

When I first decided to take the interview I told NCH that I would need a quick response or they should not bother with me because I would want my son to start school at the beginning of the year. When the process stalled I pulled out and then it was a hassle to get reimbursed for my miscellaneous expenses.

Interview Question – Why would I want to move to Texas. I has already told them I lived there previously and would welcome an opportunity to return.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at NCH.

Interview Details – I replied to a posting on Indeed.com, and a recruiter called me a few days later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very standard and went well. After the phone interview, I was invited to an in-person interview with a director.

I over prepared for this part of the process, because it was very casual - I had the feeling the director was trying to get more of a take on my personality and work style, since my resume showed I had the chops for the position itself. After the in-person interview, I was told that everything was great, he thought I'd be a good addition to the team, and that I'd hear from them in a few days.

Well, I did hear from them, but the news was not good. My position got put on hold for a few months! I was told that they would contact me in the new year (This was in September). I really didn't expect to hear anything again from NCH, but sure enough, in February of the next year I was contacted by the recruiter and invited to come in to meet with the president.

This interview was also casual, I spoke the president 20 minutes and he offered me the position. I didn't need to negotiate salary because what they offered was more than was listed in the original job posting, and more than I expected in the first place. They do background check and drug test before you start.

Interview Question – No questions were unexpected!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary offered was a few thousand more than I expected, so no need to negotiate.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NCH in May 2013.

Interview Details – Received a telephone interview first, went very well. I interviewed and discussed my experience and qualifications for the job. The immediately scheduled an in-person interview for the next day.

I met with the Creative Director. He was friendly and asked good questions. We spoke at length about the position and he said it appears that I have a good understanding and qualifications for the position. He did say they wanted to interview more people, yet were having a problem getting them in.

I sent the Creative Director a personalized greeting card thanking him for his time, and again stated that I was interested in the position and hoped for the opportunity to work with him & his team. I also followed it up with an email as well. I heard nothing for a week and a half, so I emailed again and also emailed the HR person who did the initial phone interview.

I got a very bizarrely written "generic" response with a "do not reply" email. It said that they were going to hire "more experienced" individuals. Now granted, if there's something I lacked, I can't think of it. In fact, I have been in the business just as long as the Creative Director and worked for as many companies as he has.

I emailed the HR person and the Creative Director again, to get a clarification on what I can do to improve my attractiveness to future employers (a standard business 101 request) and I get no response.

Just found their lack of comments highly unprofessional. I can't help but think its either an age issue or an insecurity issue but needless to say, very weird experience.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, your standard designer interview. Looked through my portfolio.   Answer Question

Compliance Specialist Interview

Compliance Specialist
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at NCH in April 2013.

Interview Details – Called in by HR department, then you will meet with your respective department director.

Interview Question – Wanted detailed work experience with federal regulations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes, stick to your guns. this company grosses 1 billion annually .

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at NCH in April 2013.

Interview Details – After an initial phone screening, I was offered a chance to interview in-person with the hiring manager. Here is why I chose not to:

1) The recruiter was incredibly evasive about base salary, and would not even provide a general salary range. Most legitimate sales positions will gladly provide a general base salary range in order to create interest with a candidate. The recruiter only stated that the hiring manager makes that decision. After being a hiring manager myself, I am sure that the hiring manager plays a part in that decision, but the fact that an HR rep that is actually recruiting for a position doesn't know the general salary range is most likely NOT true at all.

2) When I asked about how car mileage & expenses are reimbursed, I again got a foggy answer, and was told that "varied" by market". Again, I am sure that their is at least a general monthly range that is budgeted for this, and a policy that establishes what types of expenses are covered. Why would anyone be so evasive? Probably, because they are intentionally trying to be deceptive, and avoid having to address an area of compensation that they know is very poor compared to other similar sales jobs.

3) I Googled the hiring manager, and he has one of the most unprofessional & offensive Twitter accounts I have ever seen for ANYONE. It was full of vulgar posts consisting of sexually explicit jokes, and derogatory comments towards women, along with occasional racial/ethnic references. Totally unacceptable for anyone who interacts with the public on behalf of a business, but especially for a manager who is charged with leading others within the organization.

My final thoughts are that if NCH treats prospective employees this way when they are trying to recruit them, how dishonestly do they treat their actual employees? Also, the caliber of their management team definitely seems suspect, at best. I couldn't imagine that such an unprofessional organization is a place to reasonably plan the next step of my career. My gut response to all of these indicators is: "Buyer Beware".

Interview Question – General review of my resume & sales experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My final thoughts are that if NCH treats prospective employees this way when they are trying to recruit them, how dishonestly do they treat their actual employees? Also, the caliber of their management team definitely seems suspect, at best. I couldn't imagine that such an unprofessional organization is a place to reasonably plan the next step of my career.

IT Business Analyst Interview

IT Business Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NCH in February 2011.

Interview Details – To make a quality decision it is necessary to get as much quality data as possible. View your list of questions as the starting point. Each question should generate many probing questions. The purpose of your probing questions is to get more and better information.

Interview Question – What are your passions?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at NCH.

Interview Details – Very professional recruiting staff. Followed up and kept me in the loop in the process

Interview Question – Didn't really have any unexpected questions, but I'm a recruiter so I felt like I was prepared.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took another opportunity

Worked for NCH? Contribute to the Community!