NCH

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at NCH in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on Linkedin.com, had a phone interview with in house recruiter, she called me back the next day, asked me to come in for a face to face with her. Met with her face to face, real basic questions mainly about my resume background( I think it was to see how I carried myself while speaking), asked basic HR sales questions: tell me about a time when you faced a difficulty in trying to make a sale, etc.. After that got an email that I was wanted to come in and meet with the director of the company, had a face to face with him that consisted of him wanting to get to know me and basically to see if my personality would fit in with the work enviornment at the company. Was asked to come back for a second face to face, I brought a presentation to help seal the deal showing what I could bring to the company. A day later I had an offer made to me and I accepted. The whole process was amazing and I thought it all was handled with class and everyone I spoke with was great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Was able to slightly negotiate, they had a set price for salary, I talked about the situation I was in benefits wise and they worked with me to make it worth my wild to come on board and take care of the issues I was going to have. 1st class company!

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NCH in April 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, phone screened, interview with manager (1-3 hrs) -lot's of non-standard interview questions- interested in your educational and work history and motivations for decisions in each. 1 day in field with a rep. Then 2nd in-person interview is w/VP (1-3 hrs) -interested in your level of commitment. Wear a suit and tie for these interviews is my recommendation. Those interviewing you are very professional and fairly formal. Do not act too cocky in the interview process and keep your ego in check, though this is an outside sales position which obviously requires a decent level of enthusiasm. Show long-term career interest, a stick and stay attitude and persistence will help. Any hands on experience in the past with products and/or not being afraid to get your hands dirty is helpful.

Notes: Should have asked more questions of the sales rep during my ride-a-long day. Should have made sure I was crystal clear on their compensation and pay structure. Should have read all the fine print of the employment contract before signing... might not have signed if I understood of all the aforementioned clearly. Know you may drive 1500-2000 miles a month in your own personal vehicle.

Interview Questions

• Where did you go to college... what was your major... WHY?   View Answer
  • Lot's of questions around past jobs and companies worked at --and WHY you chose that job, that company, and what motivated you in the past to do what you did work-wise.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate at all. Job is really 100% commission but first 90 days they'll help with a very very small base salary + aggressive commission rate. Can opt for salary if performed well during first 90 days but the position is geared to be 100% commission as soon as you can stand on your own two feet (anywhere inside the first 90-365 days or more. Make sure to ask very detailed questions about compensation structure, make sure to read all the fine print in the contract before signing. Make sure you can afford the first 6-12 months of this position since lot's of time is required to build up your income.

IT Business Analyst Interview

IT Business Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NCH in February 2011.

Interview Details – To make a quality decision it is necessary to get as much quality data as possible. View your list of questions as the starting point. Each question should generate many probing questions. The purpose of your probing questions is to get more and better information.

Interview Question – What are your passions?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NCH in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed 1 on 1 with 5 different senior management and lasted for about 4 hours. They asked questions relevant to the position. The interviewers were pleasant and friendly. They clearly explained the role and the requirements for the position.

Interview Question – What are some of the challenges that you faced in your current role and what did you do to overcome them? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is always room to negotiate and it doesn't hurt to ask. Just make sure you do your research on the min / max salary (online) so that you know that what you're asking for is reasonable.

Sales Representative - Partsmaster Interview

Sales Representative - Partsmaster

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NCH.

Interview Details – Met with Regional Manager, seem like straight forward good guy. Beware of how companies like this operate; salary offered was only 24K a year, plus commission in a new territory with NO established accounts. No vehicle expense covered, and you have to pay your own cell phone. I was told this is an entrepreneurial type position, which means YOU take all the risk. They tried making this sound like what a sales position should be. No thank you. Stick with those who offer car and phone reimbursement.

Reason for Declining – As stated above; salary only 24K. Commission plan, but the ramp up could drive you broke. No car or cell phone reimbursement. You take all the risk and they pay squat.

Senior Forecasting Analyst Interview

Senior Forecasting Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NCH in August 2012.

Interview Details – Efficient hiring process - got a call to schedule an HR interview within a couple of days of applying online. Had a positive HR interview, but did not receive offer because I wasn't from the CPG industry. Seems like the company has a good culture (Danco Inc., subsidiary of NCH), and might have been a great place to work for, had I been the right fit. Gracious HR manager, and very helpful, even took the time to give me feedback once I called after receiving the note that they were going with someone else.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NCH in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a phone interview and a face-to-face interview with the supervisor that is over the internship. The interviewer mostly talked, and he didn't ask many questions. He talked about the position without trying to figure out if I fit the needs of the organization. I felt like the position was pretty basic, but he talked at length about it.

Interview Question – What experience do you have with MRP?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NCH.

Interview Details – You will be submitting the resume by mail or courrier the will have a surprise phone interview. you will e rated to qualify during your conversation if you will be going to the next step the written exam

Interview Question – the most un xpected question is not in oral its hows you look credible and reliable to fit the job who you are applying for and to prove that ... you will be greet confidently and firm shake hand to the interviewer   Answer Question

Supply Chain Position Interview

Supply Chain Position

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at NCH.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and was called back the next day to set up a phone screen interview with the recruiter. After another phone interview with a business manager, I had 5 on-site interviews, which I thought all went very well. Up until then, it was a very quick and efficient process. After the on-site interviews, however, the recruiter would not answer any email inquiries into the status of the position. Five weeks later I finally heard from the company through a standard rejection email. I do wish the recruiter had been more helpful post-interview. Five weeks is a long time to wait when you're not currently employed.

Interview Question – One manager asked questions about the logic used in making decisions - i.e. Why did you choose that university? Why that major? Why that first job?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at NCH.

Interview Details – Very professional recruiting staff. Followed up and kept me in the loop in the process

Interview Question – Didn't really have any unexpected questions, but I'm a recruiter so I felt like I was prepared.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took another opportunity

Worked for NCH? Contribute to the Community!