NCI Building Systems

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at NCI Building Systems

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monticello, IA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NCI Building Systems in September 2014.

I filled out a online application and was taken right to their test area. Was told if I passed to not to leave the building. Evidently they have problems with people passing. I started the test around 11 am passed it and headed right into the interview. Interviewer was polite and asked primarly questions on my resume. We then took a tour that lasted until about 3:40pm. He said he was thrilled to have talked to me and it was sheer enjoyment. I applied for welding because thats all they had but at the end he told me he would rather I be a supervisor. He listened and paid attention to the knowledge I have. Great interviewer.

Interview Questions
    Havent gotten that far yet. Hopefully it will be blessed.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nicholasville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nicholasville, KY

I applied online – interviewed at NCI Building Systems in October 2013.

Applied via on line source. Was called in for an interview within 3 days. General Manager wanted to interview me for Sales Manager position. He thought I would better fit for the Territory Manager position and I agreed. Interview lasted about one hour. Prior to leaving I was given a brief tour of the plant. Interview went very well, at least I thought. Checked back in with General Manager one week later. He indicated they were in budget meetings and a decision would be reach in three to four weeks and I was still very much in consideration for position. Checked back again via email and phone and General Manger was not responding to my calls or emails. Very poor professionalism not to contact me back after being brought in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult. Explain my knowledge of company and materials.   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monticello, IA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NCI Building Systems in September 2013.

Just when you think it is over, they add another layer.

Interview Questions
    • 80% of my time was spent with 4 different HR staff that had no to limited knowledge of plant operations.   Answer Question

Kept adding "just one more thing until we get to an offer..."
    After three months and NCI moving the goal line three times, I took an offer from another firm that made a decision from start to welcome aboard in three weeks.