NCO Financial Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NCO Financial in November 2010.

The one thing that annoyed me is that I didn't apply for this position, a recruiter found my resume on monster.com and called me and insisted I create a profile and do an application on their website even though everything that the application asked of me was answered on my resume. I was happy when they accommodated me because of childcare issues and allowed me a better shift than they typically offer to new hires. They said they did this for me because they were really impressed with my resume. I was hired on the spot contingent on my passing a drug test and background check..

Interview Questions
  • "You're overqualified for this position and the pay is less than you're used to. Why would you want this position?"   View Answer
There is no negotiation. The starting wage is non negotiable. It is considered an entry level position

Other Interview Reviews for NCO Financial

Customer Service Representative Interview

Filled out an application online, shortly thereafter received an invite to an interview. Went through my history as a customer service representative. Within a few days an offer was made, pending the results of the drug test. Was hired on an went through 4 weeks of training.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the angry customer that is cursing you and refuses to let you speak?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, it was take it or leave it. They feel that with the job being a work from home job, the pay does not have to be competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NCO Financial in May 2014.

Application online received a call the next day for a ten minute phone interview and had face to face interview which lasted about 30 minutes. From there I was given a form to do a drug test. I received a email to do a typing test.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NCO Financial in February 2011.

This is part 1 of 2 part process - The telephone interview lasted about 30 minutes - interviewed by phone by Recruiter -
    Consisted of two parts Work History Review and Customer Service Situational/Behavioral based questions.
    The Recruiter was professional in his questioning methods and made an effort to actively listen. Seemed to be somewhat perceptive without judgement. Invited into office for group interview.

Interview Questions
    • what did you do in the position that relates to the job for which you are applying and why did you leave?   View Answer
    • If you owned the company what would you expect for attendance from your employees. How many days off would you allow in a 90 day period before you would become concerned?   View Answer
    • What three words would your manager, co-worker, use to describe you? Two questions. First your manager is asked then your co-worker.   View Answer
    • What are the most important skills for a customer service representative?   View Answer
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for your customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NCO Financial in April 2010.

after filling out the application, i waited a few weeks for a call back or an email response. after no response, i went by the location to check the status. they then told me i need to take the assessment, which was a skills and personality test. i passed that and was scheduled an interview. interview went fairly in my opinion. what i believe that hindered me from getting the job was the recruiter had a hard time contacting my former employer for a work reference. she tried for a little over a week

Interview Questions
    • name a time where you had to perform customer service and what was the outcome   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at NCO Financial in June 2011.

First step is the phone interview speaking with the recruiter for the company, and then the second step is meeting with the recruiter and discussing the position, and answering/asking any questions in that interview. The third and final step is sitting down with the immediate floor supervisor and being interviewed by one of the two supervisors, and being interviewed by one of the two as well.

Interview Questions
    • How well would you handle a certain situation with a customer on a phone call?   Answer Question

Worked for NCO Financial? Contribute to the Community!