NCO Financial Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NCO Financial in April 2010.

after filling out the application, i waited a few weeks for a call back or an email response. after no response, i went by the location to check the status. they then told me i need to take the assessment, which was a skills and personality test. i passed that and was scheduled an interview. interview went fairly in my opinion. what i believe that hindered me from getting the job was the recruiter had a hard time contacting my former employer for a work reference. she tried for a little over a week

Interview Questions
    • name a time where you had to perform customer service and what was the outcome   View Answer

IT Technician Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NCO Financial in March 2009.

The Recruiter was great! She got me hook line and sinker, even fished me along for a while. I applied online and was eventually contacted by their recruiter. She called me in for an interview. I waited in the lobby for about 30 minutes. Once I was called back she gave me an interview. A few days after the interview she call me for an interview with teh management. After that she scheduled a technical interview. Once all that was completed I waited about a week for my background check.

Interview Questions
    • If you were troubleshooting a Technical issue how would analyze and solve the problem?   Answer Question

Vice President Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NCO Financial in February 2009.

The interviews were as expected. First interviews were with Human Resources to qualify me for the opportunity. I then met with several people across the operations who were impressive. They were impressive and knowledgable about the business. I also thought they were very convincing about what the company expects of its management team. This is a company who drives its people very hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NCO Financial in February 2011.

This is part 1 of 2 part process - The telephone interview lasted about 30 minutes - interviewed by phone by Recruiter -
    Consisted of two parts Work History Review and Customer Service Situational/Behavioral based questions.
    The Recruiter was professional in his questioning methods and made an effort to actively listen. Seemed to be somewhat perceptive without judgement. Invited into office for group interview.

Interview Questions
    • what did you do in the position that relates to the job for which you are applying and why did you leave?   View Answer
    • If you owned the company what would you expect for attendance from your employees. How many days off would you allow in a 90 day period before you would become concerned?   View Answer
    • What three words would your manager, co-worker, use to describe you? Two questions. First your manager is asked then your co-worker.   View Answer
    • What are the most important skills for a customer service representative?   View Answer
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for your customer?   View Answer

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at NCO Financial in November 2009.

Management seemed to pass me on from one manager to the next. Seemed like no one there wanted to make a decision. Very unorganized. Corporate but all of the hiring managers were not able to give me any definitive answers on any of my questions. Seemed odd to me.

Cus Service Representative NCO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NCO Financial in December 2008.

One day process. Just go to the Recruitement Area 4th ELJ Bldg.

Interview Questions
    Well it was my first call center.

CSR-Banking Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NCO Financial.

Submitted resume and application online on their Careers Website. Received a phone call within a day to verify submitted information and to schedule a phone interview for the following morning with a specific recruiter. Phone interview was scheduled to occur at any point within a 1-hour window. Phone interview focused on current and former employment, verification of reference information, and a few typical interview questions about previous customer service experience. Provided information about the 14-week training program and being available for any shift between 6AM - Midnight. Scheduled in-person interview for the next afternoon at their office.

In-person interview consisted of a one-on-one meeting with an HR professional. Asked questions about skills, experience and availability for shifts and 14-week training with no absences. Training to occur Mon-Fri 6:30AM - 3:00PM. Then was given a short typing test, and a short test written covering basic windows functions. Was asked to read aloud a couple of paragraphs - be sure to enunciate and put some expression in your voice. Then was asked to perform basic Word functions of copying, pasting, printing, saving the file and closing Word. Then reviewed the job description, making some changes such as inbound calls only, and a discussion of possible training start dates (2 dates offered), Then asked to wait for Security to conduct fingerprinting and then sent with form to take a drug screening within 24 hours of the interview end time (exact time noted on the form for the testing lab).
    Informed that I would hear within a week, after completion of pre-employment reference verifications and background checks. Signed several release forms for this process. Interview and fingerprinting took about 1.5 hours, and I immediately went to the lab for the drug screening which took less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult but most unexpected was the reading aloud exercise. Not difficult though.   Answer Question

Collector Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NCO Financial.

After I applied online, the human resources called me asking a few questions about my application, stated that i needed to make sure i can work weekends and holidays and to fix it. Called me back for an interview at 930 am, i showed up 20 minutes earlier, she gave me a basic interview asking about my previous jobs, also stated that all my references needed to be from my jobs related to collecting, told me shed get me a second interview with a manager, he asked me my experience as well, told me the pay rate i was asking for $20 was too high and no one there gets paid that high, said he would talk to his boss and contact me but otherwise i got the job. The next day i got an email saying someone else got the position.

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Getzville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Getzville, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCO Financial in October 2010.

Basic structured interview nothing unexpected

Interview Questions
    • They do need to speak with a manager from your last employer   View Answer
    None offered be base pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCO Financial in May 2014.

Application online received a call the next day for a ten minute phone interview and had face to face interview which lasted about 30 minutes. From there I was given a form to do a drug test. I received a email to do a typing test.

No negotiation