NCO Financial Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.0

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Dublin, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

Awfull company

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Columbus, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

The one thing that annoyed me is that I didn't apply for this position, a recruiter found my resume on monster.com and called me and insisted I create a profile and do an application on their website even though everything that the application asked of me was answered on my resume. I was happy when they accommodated me because of childcare issues and allowed me a better shift than they typically offer to new hires. They said they did this for me because they were really impressed with my resume. I was hired on the spot contingent on my passing a drug test and background check..

Interview Questions

• "You're overqualified for this position and the pay is less than you're used to. Why would you want this position?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The starting wage is non negotiable. It is considered an entry level position

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Getzville, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Basic structured interview nothing unexpected

Interview Questions

• They do need to speak with a manager from your last employer   1 Answer

Negotiation

None offered be base pay

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Greensboro, NC) in April 2010.

Interview

after filling out the application, i waited a few weeks for a call back or an email response. after no response, i went by the location to check the status. they then told me i need to take the assessment, which was a skills and personality test. i passed that and was scheduled an interview. interview went fairly in my opinion. what i believe that hindered me from getting the job was the recruiter had a hard time contacting my former employer for a work reference. she tried for a little over a week

Interview Questions

• name a time where you had to perform customer service and what was the outcome   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Rockford, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

I had to answer some simple questions about the process that I was already well rehearsed in.

Interview Questions

• What do you know how to do?   1 Answer

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NCO Financial (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Management seemed to pass me on from one manager to the next. Seemed like no one there wanted to make a decision. Very unorganized. Corporate but all of the hiring managers were not able to give me any definitive answers on any of my questions. Seemed odd to me.

CFS Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Lenexa, KS) in July 2009.

Interview

I was brought in for an interview with an HR person (who was fired shortly after I was hired) and a supervisor, and then I took a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Vice President Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2009.

Interview

The interviews were as expected. First interviews were with Human Resources to qualify me for the opportunity. I then met with several people across the operations who were impressive. They were impressive and knowledgable about the business. I also thought they were very convincing about what the company expects of its management team. This is a company who drives its people very hard.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave you last position?   2 Answers

Collections Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Atlanta, GA) in November 2008.

Interview

It is nothing special. They qwant to know how you motivate people, and if you know the collections industry. Not behavioral, but industry specific. If you show some analytical and structured answers, you will ge tthe job.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate collectors?   1 Answer
    • How do you assign accounts?   1 Answer

Salary was too low for me.

Collections Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

It was very explanatory and comfortable. The Manager was very good explaining my responsibilities from Top to Bottom because I worked there before for 5 years on another project and this project was completed .So they decided to rehire me once again because I have experience.

Interview Questions

• If I feel comfortable with evening shifts.   1 Answer