NCO Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NCO Financial in April 2010.

Interview Details – after filling out the application, i waited a few weeks for a call back or an email response. after no response, i went by the location to check the status. they then told me i need to take the assessment, which was a skills and personality test. i passed that and was scheduled an interview. interview went fairly in my opinion. what i believe that hindered me from getting the job was the recruiter had a hard time contacting my former employer for a work reference. she tried for a little over a week

Interview Question – name a time where you had to perform customer service and what was the outcome   View Answer

Collections Manager Interview

Collections Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NCO Financial in November 2008.

Interview Details – It is nothing special. They qwant to know how you motivate people, and if you know the collections industry. Not behavioral, but industry specific. If you show some analytical and structured answers, you will ge tthe job.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Salary was too low for me.

CFS Collections Representative Interview

CFS Collections Representative
Lenexa, KS

The process took a day - interviewed at NCO Financial in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was brought in for an interview with an HR person (who was fired shortly after I was hired) and a supervisor, and then I took a drug test.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Debt Collector Interview

Debt Collector
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NCO Financial in February 2009.

Interview Details – Easy, they call you for the phone interview and ask basic questions and no matter how bad you do on the interview they want you to come in. There is a 1 on 1 interview that take 30 mins and is REALLY EASY! after you do some skills typing test and get the offer letter right away. I had co-workers there who could hardly speak english and they got the job. They take anyone. No standards at all.

Interview Question – None really, again a very simple interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Either take it or leave it!

Collections Interview

Collections

Interviewed at NCO Financial

Interview Details – Hired from online portal

Interview Question – None, average questions   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Collector

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NCO Financial.

Interview Details – After I applied online, the human resources called me asking a few questions about my application, stated that i needed to make sure i can work weekends and holidays and to fix it. Called me back for an interview at 930 am, i showed up 20 minutes earlier, she gave me a basic interview asking about my previous jobs, also stated that all my references needed to be from my jobs related to collecting, told me shed get me a second interview with a manager, he asked me my experience as well, told me the pay rate i was asking for $20 was too high and no one there gets paid that high, said he would talk to his boss and contact me but otherwise i got the job. The next day i got an email saying someone else got the position.

Interview Question – -why would you be a good collector   Answer Question

CSR-Banking Interview

CSR-Banking

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NCO Financial.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and application online on their Careers Website. Received a phone call within a day to verify submitted information and to schedule a phone interview for the following morning with a specific recruiter. Phone interview was scheduled to occur at any point within a 1-hour window. Phone interview focused on current and former employment, verification of reference information, and a few typical interview questions about previous customer service experience. Provided information about the 14-week training program and being available for any shift between 6AM - Midnight. Scheduled in-person interview for the next afternoon at their office.

In-person interview consisted of a one-on-one meeting with an HR professional. Asked questions about skills, experience and availability for shifts and 14-week training with no absences. Training to occur Mon-Fri 6:30AM - 3:00PM. Then was given a short typing test, and a short test written covering basic windows functions. Was asked to read aloud a couple of paragraphs - be sure to enunciate and put some expression in your voice. Then was asked to perform basic Word functions of copying, pasting, printing, saving the file and closing Word. Then reviewed the job description, making some changes such as inbound calls only, and a discussion of possible training start dates (2 dates offered), Then asked to wait for Security to conduct fingerprinting and then sent with form to take a drug screening within 24 hours of the interview end time (exact time noted on the form for the testing lab).
Informed that I would hear within a week, after completion of pre-employment reference verifications and background checks. Signed several release forms for this process. Interview and fingerprinting took about 1.5 hours, and I immediately went to the lab for the drug screening which took less than 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Nothing was very difficult but most unexpected was the reading aloud exercise. Not difficult though.   Answer Question

Cus Service Representative NCO Interview

Cus Service Representative NCO
Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at NCO Financial in December 2008.

Interview Details – One day process. Just go to the Recruitement Area 4th ELJ Bldg.

Interview Question – Some hypothetial questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Well it was my first call center.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at NCO Financial in June 2011.

Interview Details – First step is the phone interview speaking with the recruiter for the company, and then the second step is meeting with the recruiter and discussing the position, and answering/asking any questions in that interview. The third and final step is sitting down with the immediate floor supervisor and being interviewed by one of the two supervisors, and being interviewed by one of the two as well.

Interview Question – How well would you handle a certain situation with a customer on a phone call?   Answer Question

Division Manager Interview

Division Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at NCO Financial in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was very laid back, no structure, it was like they interviewed because they had to. They had no interest in me, as if the decision was already made. I could have aced the interview but it didnt matter

Interview Questions