NCO Financial

2.1

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NCO Financial in December 2009.

I had to answer some simple questions about the process that I was already well rehearsed in.

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at NCO Financial in November 2009.

Management seemed to pass me on from one manager to the next. Seemed like no one there wanted to make a decision. Very unorganized. Corporate but all of the hiring managers were not able to give me any definitive answers on any of my questions. Seemed odd to me.

CFS Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

The process took a dayinterviewed at NCO Financial in July 2009.

I was brought in for an interview with an HR person (who was fired shortly after I was hired) and a supervisor, and then I took a drug test.

N/A

Vice President Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NCO Financial in February 2009.

The interviews were as expected. First interviews were with Human Resources to qualify me for the opportunity. I then met with several people across the operations who were impressive. They were impressive and knowledgable about the business. I also thought they were very convincing about what the company expects of its management team. This is a company who drives its people very hard.

Collections Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NCO Financial in November 2008.

It is nothing special. They qwant to know how you motivate people, and if you know the collections industry. Not behavioral, but industry specific. If you show some analytical and structured answers, you will ge tthe job.

Interview Questions

Salary was too low for me.

Collections Interview

Hired from online portal

Collector Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NCO Financial.

After I applied online, the human resources called me asking a few questions about my application, stated that i needed to make sure i can work weekends and holidays and to fix it. Called me back for an interview at 930 am, i showed up 20 minutes earlier, she gave me a basic interview asking about my previous jobs, also stated that all my references needed to be from my jobs related to collecting, told me shed get me a second interview with a manager, he asked me my experience as well, told me the pay rate i was asking for $20 was too high and no one there gets paid that high, said he would talk to his boss and contact me but otherwise i got the job. The next day i got an email saying someone else got the position.

CSR-Banking Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NCO Financial.

Submitted resume and application online on their Careers Website. Received a phone call within a day to verify submitted information and to schedule a phone interview for the following morning with a specific recruiter. Phone interview was scheduled to occur at any point within a 1-hour window. Phone interview focused on current and former employment, verification of reference information, and a few typical interview questions about previous customer service experience. Provided information about the 14-week training program and being available for any shift between 6AM - Midnight. Scheduled in-person interview for the next afternoon at their office.

In-person interview consisted of a one-on-one meeting with an HR professional. Asked questions about skills, experience and availability for shifts and 14-week training with no absences. Training to occur Mon-Fri 6:30AM - 3:00PM. Then was given a short typing test, and a short test written covering basic windows functions. Was asked to read aloud a couple of paragraphs - be sure to enunciate and put some expression in your voice. Then was asked to perform basic Word functions of copying, pasting, printing, saving the file and closing Word. Then reviewed the job description, making some changes such as inbound calls only, and a discussion of possible training start dates (2 dates offered), Then asked to wait for Security to conduct fingerprinting and then sent with form to take a drug screening within 24 hours of the interview end time (exact time noted on the form for the testing lab).
    Informed that I would hear within a week, after completion of pre-employment reference verifications and background checks. Signed several release forms for this process. Interview and fingerprinting took about 1.5 hours, and I immediately went to the lab for the drug screening which took less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult but most unexpected was the reading aloud exercise. Not difficult though.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at NCO Financial in June 2011.

First step is the phone interview speaking with the recruiter for the company, and then the second step is meeting with the recruiter and discussing the position, and answering/asking any questions in that interview. The third and final step is sitting down with the immediate floor supervisor and being interviewed by one of the two supervisors, and being interviewed by one of the two as well.

Interview Questions
    • How well would you handle a certain situation with a customer on a phone call?   Answer Question

Division Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NCO Financial in October 2010.

It was very laid back, no structure, it was like they interviewed because they had to. They had no interest in me, as if the decision was already made. I could have aced the interview but it didnt matter

Interview Questions
    • Do you know anything about computers   View Answer
    • How many days is it acceptable to be absent   View Answer