NCQA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCQA (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process started with the recruiter coordinating a phone interview. I then had another phone interview with different managers. I was then called in for an in-person interview that lasted half the day. I met different panels.

Analyst In Information Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCQA (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a screening call from someone in HR and then a phone interview with the supervisor for the position a day later. Both people were very nice and their attitudes helped me to feel at ease. The HR person in particular went out of her way to make herself available to me for additional questions.

Health Care Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCQA (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I initially had a phone screening with a HR representative, which was straight forward resume based. Then I had in-person interviews the following week, which were two interviews with two people at a time lasting 30 minutes each. It was a pleasant experience, the interviewers made me feel relaxed and while most stuff was resume based it felt like we just had a chat about the position, the organisation and research in general.

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCQA.

Interview

Comprehensive, typical, (2) in-person interview process, one phone screening. Typical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe optimal leadership. --> the reason why this was the most difficult question was because my potential manager was the person asking the question. If I did not respond to his personality, it could have been an easy way out of the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiable.

Healthcare Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCQA (Washington, DC) in November 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by Sr. HR person and screened in regards to background and interest in the position. The next step was a phone interview with the department head I will be woking in. After the phone interview, I was invited in for a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a project I have worked on in the past either form school experience or work experience that involved using qualitative and/or quantative analysis and what were the findings and/or outcome?   Answer Question
    • Do I prefer to work on independent projects or group projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked to give a salary requirement but stated I was negotiable on salary just in case the company had a range or set salary for the position. I was pleased as I was offered a salary of what I was actually hoping to get.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCQA in December 2008.

Interview

Applied for job directly with the manager. Interviewed with two people who would act as supervisors. Paperwork was sent by HR and job was extended to me through HR. Lack of communication between HR and supervisors. Good overall environment.