NCR Interview Questions in Alpharetta, GA

Updated Nov 30, 2014
Updated Nov 30, 2014

Legal Administrator/Contract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online. About a week later I received an email which asked me to answer about 9-10 questions for further consideration. About a few days later I was invited to schedule an on site interview for about 1.5 hours which consisted on three back to back interviews withe three people including the hiring manager. The interviews were very laid back and the interviewers were very kind and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Standard situational questions related to tasks and issues you may encounter in the position.   Answer Question

Costumer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Everyone was friendly and personable.it was a three interview process ( 2 supervisors and the director). The director was laid back but yet straight forward with his expectations and telling you how he felt about you

Interview Questions

• How many Bluetooth can u connect to a Device   1 Answer

Negotiation

I needed time off following my start date and they approve

QA Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied for the job and got an interview call directly. They were looking for entry level QA job. They setup interview date. Interview was done very quickly and it lasted for 2 hours.

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Relatively quick process. Was contacted by an external headhunter about the opportunity for the NCR Aloha Hosted Solutions Regional Sales Manager (RSM) Position. Had multiple initial discussions/interviews over the phone with the recruiter at first, and I was hesitant about pursuing the opportunity (seemed a bit too good to be true). The guy just kept re-iterating the high income potential (which is usually a red flag for scams or bad sales jobs), and wouldn't tell me the name of the company. After further discussion, the guy gave me the name of the company and details on the position, and I did some homework on my own before deciding to move forward. I had to complete an application on NCR's website for the position, that was hidden and required a special password and account. Several days later I had a brief 15 minute interview with the executive from NCR about my work experience and why I was interested in the position. At the conclusion of the phone interview, the guy said that the recruiter would follow up with me in a few days if they wanted to move forward. The recruiter called me 10 minutes later and said that they were very interested, and wanted to schedule an in-person interview at their office in Atlanta the following week. The recruiter then sent me a bunch of their product literature that this position would be in charge of, and asked me to study and review it. He called me again the night before the interview to quiz me and further prepare me for the interview.

The in person interview went well IMO. I met with the same guy that I spoke with on the phone, and he was the national sales director. I also met with another RSM that was being promoted to Territory Manager that would end up being my boss if I got the position. Lots of very specific questions, requiring detailed info on the product portfolio. Also did a good bit of role play. Mostly, they were just trying to get a feel for my selling style and my personality to see if I would be a good fit with their team and for the position. They discussed the compensation and benefits package at great length, and showed me their internal reporting spreadsheets that they use to calculate payroll and showed me the actual compensation numbers of their existing RSMs. We also talked at length about my current job, and how they would be flexible in allowing me to make the transition if I got an offer. They said they wanted to have the position filled with me in the field within 6 weeks, and I told them I needed about 3 to leave my current job. The whole interview took about 90 minutes and afterwards I was walked out and the director told me he would follow up with me via the headhunter, and said that he had 2 other candidates he still had to interview that day. They reimbursed me for my expenses for the interview 2 months later(travel - mileage & gas, meals, hotel).

Interview Questions

• They had me do a role play where the director said "I'm the owner of a chain of 6 family owned restaurants in a single state, I don't know anything about your products or company and you've just walked in to meet me for an appointment that was pre-arranged by a local distributor. Here are the prices for the products - go."   1 Answer
    • "What specifically would you do in preparation for an appointment with a prospect?"   1 Answer
    • "Why are you interested in this position, and why should we hire you"   Answer Question
    • "What are your goals?"   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Online application followed up by a call from the recruiting team. Very robotic questions and didnt allow for much time to evaluate the company and the culture. NCR should consider allowing for more time during the initial interview.