NCR Interview Questions in Alpharetta, GA

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at NCR in March 2014.

Applied for the job and got an interview call directly. They were looking for entry level QA job. They setup interview date. Interview was done very quickly and it lasted for 2 hours.

Costumer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NCR in July 2014.

Everyone was friendly and personable.it was a three interview process ( 2 supervisors and the director). The director was laid back but yet straight forward with his expectations and telling you how he felt about you

Interview Questions
    • How many Bluetooth can u connect to a Device   View Answer
    I needed time off following my start date and they approve

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NCR in November 2012.

Relatively quick process. Was contacted by an external headhunter about the opportunity for the NCR Aloha Hosted Solutions Regional Sales Manager (RSM) Position. Had multiple initial discussions/interviews over the phone with the recruiter at first, and I was hesitant about pursuing the opportunity (seemed a bit too good to be true). The guy just kept re-iterating the high income potential (which is usually a red flag for scams or bad sales jobs), and wouldn't tell me the name of the company. After further discussion, the guy gave me the name of the company and details on the position, and I did some homework on my own before deciding to move forward. I had to complete an application on NCR's website for the position, that was hidden and required a special password and account. Several days later I had a brief 15 minute interview with the executive from NCR about my work experience and why I was interested in the position. At the conclusion of the phone interview, the guy said that the recruiter would follow up with me in a few days if they wanted to move forward. The recruiter called me 10 minutes later and said that they were very interested, and wanted to schedule an in-person interview at their office in Atlanta the following week. The recruiter then sent me a bunch of their product literature that this position would be in charge of, and asked me to study and review it. He called me again the night before the interview to quiz me and further prepare me for the interview.

The in person interview went well IMO. I met with the same guy that I spoke with on the phone, and he was the national sales director. I also met with another RSM that was being promoted to Territory Manager that would end up being my boss if I got the position. Lots of very specific questions, requiring detailed info on the product portfolio. Also did a good bit of role play. Mostly, they were just trying to get a feel for my selling style and my personality to see if I would be a good fit with their team and for the position. They discussed the compensation and benefits package at great length, and showed me their internal reporting spreadsheets that they use to calculate payroll and showed me the actual compensation numbers of their existing RSMs. We also talked at length about my current job, and how they would be flexible in allowing me to make the transition if I got an offer. They said they wanted to have the position filled with me in the field within 6 weeks, and I told them I needed about 3 to leave my current job. The whole interview took about 90 minutes and afterwards I was walked out and the director told me he would follow up with me via the headhunter, and said that he had 2 other candidates he still had to interview that day. They reimbursed me for my expenses for the interview 2 months later(travel - mileage & gas, meals, hotel).

Interview Questions
    • They had me do a role play where the director said "I'm the owner of a chain of 6 family owned restaurants in a single state, I don't know anything about your products or company and you've just walked in to meet me for an appointment that was pre-arranged by a local distributor. Here are the prices for the products - go."   View Answer
    • "What specifically would you do in preparation for an appointment with a prospect?"   View Answer
    • "Why are you interested in this position, and why should we hire you"   Answer Question
    • "What are your goals?"   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at NCR in September 2012.

Online application followed up by a call from the recruiting team. Very robotic questions and didnt allow for much time to evaluate the company and the culture. NCR should consider allowing for more time during the initial interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for NCR? Contribute to the Community!