NCR Customer Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NCR.

First you apply online. After a week or two you receive multiple phone interviews with different recruiters. You have a meeting in Panera (or similar place) with your future Manager. After they offer you the job you have about 20-30 pages worth of documents to overlook and sign and must fax/scan them and email them back. They use a third-party company to handle the background check and drug test.

Other Interview Reviews for NCR

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at NCR in February 2012.

2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview, followed by a 6 week wait for background check

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you couldn't fix something, what did you do   View Answer

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Patna, Bihar (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patna, Bihar (India)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at NCR.

the process is so clear and satisfactory. They want you to reveal as much as you can.
    step 1-online assessment test
    step 2-telephonic interview
    step 3-1:1 interview
    step 4-hr round
    step 5- background check
    step 6-joining

Customer Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NCR.

Received a phone call 40 minutes late from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    There was none. Take it or leave it.

Customer Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at NCR in June 2012.

Seems like this company is very particular. The phone interview went well, but I didn't have one of the preferred skills that they were looking for and it was not specified prior to the interview. The caller was pleasant but firm. I can only hope for the best.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that make you the best candidate?   View Answer

Customer Engineer Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NCR in July 2011.

I was asked to conduct a phone interview about 6 days after my initial application. The phone interview was fairly simple, she asked whether or not I have dealt with customers at my current job and whether or not I could prioritize and meet deadlines. It sounded to me like she was simply reading from a script and she didn't know anything about the position other than what was posted on the NCR job posting. Overall the interview was a good experience and only lasted about 18 minutes. At the conclusion of the interview she stated that it may take up to 2 weeks for a hiring manager to contact me to set up a face to face interview.

Five days passed and I recieved a phone call from another NCR representative, presumably the hiring manager. He briefly went over what the position was about and then asked me a few questions about my previous work experience. He then stated that the amount of compensation he could offer was limited by senior management, and that currently the cap was $12 per hour. I politely delined and that pretty much ended the interview. It seems patently absurd to state that a "bachelor's degree" is preferred but then cap your compensation at $12/hr.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a situation where you had to prioritize various work loads while still meeting deadline(s).   Answer Question

Low pay.

Customer Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at NCR in April 2009.

Very simple and straighforw process. The manager just asked a few questions, and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    Nothing for me. I didn't negotiate.

Worked for NCR? Contribute to the Community!