NCR Customer Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.7

Customer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NCR.

Interview

First you apply online. After a week or two you receive multiple phone interviews with different recruiters. You have a meeting in Panera (or similar place) with your future Manager. After they offer you the job you have about 20-30 pages worth of documents to overlook and sign and must fax/scan them and email them back. They use a third-party company to handle the background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NCR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at NCR (San Antonio, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Great quick and easy hired on the spot cause I already knew the hardware and software egger to drive and do all the out of town trips and any of the installs

Interview Questions

• How are you able to help the team   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at NCR (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview, followed by a 6 week wait for background check

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you couldn't fix something, what did you do   1 Answer

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patna, Bihar (India)

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at NCR (Patna, Bihar (India)).

Interview

the process is so clear and satisfactory. They want you to reveal as much as you can. step 1-online assessment test step 2-telephonic interview step 3-1:1 interview step 4-hr round step 5- background check step 6-joining

Customer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NCR.

Interview

Received a phone call 40 minutes late from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. Take it or leave it.

Customer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NCR in June 2012.

Interview

Seems like this company is very particular. The phone interview went well, but I didn't have one of the preferred skills that they were looking for and it was not specified prior to the interview. The caller was pleasant but firm. I can only hope for the best.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that make you the best candidate?   1 Answer

Customer Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NCR in July 2011.

Interview

I was asked to conduct a phone interview about 6 days after my initial application. The phone interview was fairly simple, she asked whether or not I have dealt with customers at my current job and whether or not I could prioritize and meet deadlines. It sounded to me like she was simply reading from a script and she didn't know anything about the position other than what was posted on the NCR job posting. Overall the interview was a good experience and only lasted about 18 minutes. At the conclusion of the interview she stated that it may take up to 2 weeks for a hiring manager to contact me to set up a face to face interview. Five days passed and I recieved a phone call from another NCR representative, presumably the hiring manager. He briefly went over what the position was about and then asked me a few questions about my previous work experience. He then stated that the amount of compensation he could offer was limited by senior management, and that currently the cap was $12 per hour. I politely delined and that pretty much ended the interview. It seems patently absurd to state that a "bachelor's degree" is preferred but then cap your compensation at $12/hr.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation where you had to prioritize various work loads while still meeting deadline(s).   Answer Question

Low pay.

Customer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NCR in April 2009.

Interview

Very simple and straighforw process. The manager just asked a few questions, and I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing for me. I didn't negotiate.