NCR

2.6

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Supply Chain Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR.

Initial communication was via call by recruiter followed by call with group technical personnel and then hiring Director. All of my interactions with NCR personnel were exceptionally nice and cordial.

Interview Questions

Low salary offer for the position/metro area and accepted a different position.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NCR in April 2014.

Applied for the position via their website on March 26th. On March 28th, I received an email stating they would like to set up a phone interview. On March 31st, I received an email with available times to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled mine for April 8th. The next day I received an email with 3 attachments: Job Description, Fact Sheet (about the company history), and a phone interview itinerary (with a conference call ID).

Phone interview:
    The questions were predominantly questions of character. He said he asks everyone the same questions to make it fair. I remember the last question was "What do you feel makes you the best candidate for the job". After the phone interview he said he would be reaching out to me over the next few days to potentially set up an onsite interview.

On April 10th I received an email for an onsite interview. Luckily their next available onsite interview time was April 11th.

Onsite Interview:
    Interviewed with 3 people:
    Each person asked mainly character questions, few technical questions. Was a great experience, was given a tour of the lab after the last interview. Before I left my last interviewer, he said he would contact me by the middle of next week to state whether I had/ hadn't received an offer.

April 16th- received an internship offer via email. Excited to start their in June!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? If you were a brand what would you want to be known for?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, started at $17 an hour.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR in April 2014.

I have an onsite interview via friend refer

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are pretty easy. Asked a lot of question about my past experience. and Final have C++ test.   Answer Question

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NCR in April 2014.

Interview was with Hiring Manager and CFO. First there was a phone interview with hiring manager. Then about 3 weeks later, there was a face-to-face with hiring manager and CFO. Then the team came in. Something told me to not take the position because the team seemed a little traditional and I am more of a contemporary person but sometimes oil and vinegar do mix. I was wrong!

Offer was fair

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NCR.

Phone follow by on site interview

Training Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NCR.

Started with an hour and half phone call with the hiring manager where he basically did the technical qualifications. I was told at that time that I would be invited to Duluth, GA for a person to person interview and that it would take a couple of weeks for them to get back to me. After not hearing from them for about 4 weeks I got an email that asked for a date when I could make the trip.

On the day of the interview I was taken to a room where I met with four different Vice Presidents and the hiring manager separately over a period of about 6 hours. Most of them knew very little about training and education. Don't try to impress them with what you know. These people are living in a corporate stone age. First, they don't know what to ask you. None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. I was not particularly impressed with anyone that I met that day.

The hiring manager, spent a total of one hour with me. This was a position that was essentially to be his number two person in the organization. I have hired people many times in my career and when the position is that important, I have been known to spend up to three hours in discussions followed by a dinner or breakfast meeting the next day, and then follow up phone conversations. During the interview with him, I started to get a sinking feeling as if the decision had already been made before I got there. They just needed to make it look competitive. So they brought in a few people like me.

later when I did my expense report I noticed that it took between 6 to 8 weeks for reimbursement of my expenses. That's when I really started to think hard about NCR. What company takes that long to pay someone? If they don't have it together enough to worry about the little stuff like that I can only imagine what kind of trouble awaits one, once inside. Anyway it took them 4 additional weeks to tell me that I wasn't a good fit. As much as I wanted to believe that I was so impressive that they spent all that time comparing and contrasting the last two candidates, in light of everything else I experienced with them, I'm thinking they just forgot to tell me. The best part of this experience was reading a survey by Glassdoor about a week before they gave me that bad news, It was on the worse companies to work for, NCR was number 8. Can't help but feel I dodged that bullet.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult or unexpected. In fact I would say they were very unprepared to interview me.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NCR in September 2013.

I had three rounds of interviews.

Round 1 was just a HR phone call for interest check and basic verification of information. Ther were a few scheduling conflicts at their end and we had to reschedule a couple of times, but we eventually had the call. She immediately asked to schedule for Round 2.

Round 2 was a phone call with my hiring manager who is a Director of Marketing. It was a more detailed phone call discussing the role and expectations. I really enjoyed this call. He explained both the positive and negative aspects of the role and the organizaiton - and I found that really good, that it wasn't all coolade. At the end, he asked me to think overnight and send him an email about whether I was still interested in the role. I actually took the time and wrote a detailed email describing what I like about the organization and the interview, and why I would like to work for NCR. I got invited to an on-site interview.

Round 3 was actually multiple rounds of interviews with senior directors of marketing for their various products/services and the head of the line-of-business. There was also a phone call with a director who was travelling and couldn't be present physically. It took an overall 4 hours.

This was a combination of behavioral interview questions along with specific questions about my previous experience. The phone call with the marketing director who was travelling was the most interesting - he explained to me about one of NCR's leading products and asked me to sell it to him as if he were a potential customer.

After that, I was given an offer. We negotiated over the salary a little bit, and I finally signed it.

The whole process was over in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me how you would make a business case for product ABC and sell it to me as if I were a potential customer.   View Answer
    Went back and forth a couple of times. We met half-way between their initial offer and my counter proposal.

Business Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR in April 2013.

Depending on the department you are interviewing for, you could have up to 4 interviews back-to-back. I got recruited through my college recruitment site and went to NCR headquarters in Duluth for my interviews.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions. "Explain a time when..." No technical questions.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NCR.

Referred by a friend. The day I was hired I received a letter saying that I was not under consideration for the position - HR is really weak at NCR. Screening interview by someone that was normally a teacher who was contracted to assist. Interviewed with several of my potential peers as well as a Director before my final interview with the VP. It took a long time to get the offer and go through the interview process, most of the people at NCR are overworked and don't have enough time to do this right.

I negotiated a higher salary and for more vacation days. Salary was still under the market average but since it was my only offer at the time I took it after being out of work for nearly a year

Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at NCR.

0. Applied.
    1. (a month later) Pre-screening from HR: asking all sort of questions. Pretty standard.
    2. (six weeks later) Phone Interview
    3. (six weeks later) On-site interview
    4. (three weeks later) Another phone interview
    5. (eight weeks later) Did not get an offer.