NCR

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

A senior developer should not have any difficulty. I would study very very much. It is great to know java, c#, and OOP principles. It would also be great to know about database servers and integration.

ITS Architect- NCR Gateway Interview

After applying via my school's career center, I received an email requesting a phone interview. When I called to schedule, the one available timeslot provided to me conflicted with a prior engagement I had. I was passed to another contact person to schedule a call at a later date. I proceeded with the general, first-round, telephone interview, however I declined the offer for a second round on-site interview because I accepted a position with a different company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult during the telephone interview. Just very basic questions about all items on my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NCR in November 2014.

I applied for this position through my school's career fair. I got contact 2-3 weeks later for a brief phone interview going over the achievements on my resume and scheduling an in person interview 2 weeks later. Now I must say that being in grad school and having had 2 years of work experience made things easy on the interview but below is more details.
    The process lasted about 3 hours which according to my recruiter depending on how well I would perform during each phase. The first one, I was given a paper test. The different topics were C#, object oriented, C/C++ & memory management, Sql concepts, Javascript, iOS and Android. The test is impossible to finish in an hour so don't waste time on the concept you do not know. I believe it is a pretty generic test except maybe for the last 2 parts since my position is more focussed on mobile developement.
    Afterward I had an in person interview with one of the team lead where I was given 2 programming problems to solve on a white board. The last hour another developer questioned me specifically about Android.
    At the end I got to talk to the director for a few minutes.

Legal Administrator/Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NCR in November 2014.

I applied online. About a week later I received an email which asked me to answer about 9-10 questions for further consideration. About a few days later I was invited to schedule an on site interview for about 1.5 hours which consisted on three back to back interviews withe three people including the hiring manager. The interviews were very laid back and the interviewers were very kind and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Standard situational questions related to tasks and issues you may encounter in the position.   Answer Question

Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NCR in November 2014.

Submitted resume through LinkedIn. I was called by an HR rep a week later for an on site interview. The first interview consisted of two 1-on-1 interviews followed by a panel interview by the team I would be working with. At the end of the day, I had to do an impromptu presentation using the materials I would be using to train others on the job. Everyone was very straight forward about the job requirements; travel, etc. but everyone seemed like great people and I was happy to be considered for the position.
    The next day I was called by the hiring manager who asked me to come back for another presentation. Again, everyone seemed great and I was very grateful for being considered.
    After the second presentation I received a call from the HR rep telling me they were going to make me an offer. It was during the holidays, so it took a week or so for the offer to come through. Once it did, I accepted.

Interview Questions
    None. I took the first offer as it was very good.

Part-Time Help Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NCR.

I emailed them my resume and got a call two weeks later. The interview was your standard behavioral interview. There was nothing difficult about it. After the interview they asked me to apply online, and another week later they called me with results.

Software Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR.

I found the hiring process to be professional and thorough. From the moment of initial contact my recruiter and scheduling support rep were detailed and very informative. They even went so far as to reschedule my interview for a latter date (suicide right), due to uncontrollable circumstances. The interview process was lenghty 3.5-4 hours, but if you do your homewoork and research and know your craft it's not difficult to do well. Again, I reitierate knowing your craft...... tthe process will weed you right out the door if your shooting from the hip. Have the applicable experience and definitely be able convey it in what ever scenario they have prepared for you to show them. And trust me they are prepared!!! Over all, this one of my best experiences with the interviewing process with a company of any stature. I was impressed by the professionalism and thorough process, the time flew by because I was being engaged the enitre time. I have to admit that there process actually brought out more than my resume ever could say in a description of my true capabilities.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any difficulties, I honestly and whole heartedly did my research. I wasn't afforded any heads up from insiders, or privy to any networking, I found Glassdoor after the fact even. I went in blind other than knowing I had to prepare and give a presentation about a scenario specific to my field. I was informed that I had to complete a battery of test once I arrived so be prepared.   View Answers (2)
    Ask and ye shall receive.

Software Engineer III Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NCR.

Takes sometime to get your resume selected, but later everything goes fast and interview panel will make you to feel ease and on the whole they try to make it comfortable.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NCR in September 2014.

Asked lots and lots of code level technical questions. He even asked notations used for RESTful services. After few questions, for one question, I was trying to remember what is the answer - may for 3 seconds, interviewer said - are you looking this up in Google? This pissed me off. He said he is technical architect. Hmmm what an attitude. When interviewer is jumping from topic to topic, does he expect to answer with in a second???????

Senior Supply Chain Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR.

Initial communication was via call by recruiter followed by call with group technical personnel and then hiring Director. All of my interactions with NCR personnel were exceptionally nice and cordial.

Interview Questions

Low salary offer for the position/metro area and accepted a different position.