NCR Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.7

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was referred, I was working with an agency at the time. My manager was really easy going, he was concise and to the point of what he expected for this position

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NCR (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was not called back promptly or even close to when I was told he would be contacting me. Just when I thought they had moved on with the process I would receive another call from the hiring manager. It was a very strange process for me. Two different times I had moved on from the job hiring process due to no contact at all from manager. I would be very apprehensive to apply with this branch of the company.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in the position?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? How would I handle being blow off on a sales call?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? How would you keep yourself organized and motivated during your days of cold calling?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Found the job on linkedin, sent email to an actual recruiter. Set up phone interviews with recruiter first, then hiring manager, then team. In all, took about 3-4 weeks. I really enjoyed most of the interviews and felt like I had really good connection with all of them. In person interview turned out to be a lot easier as well. The phone screen handles the technical portion, in person was just to make sure I wasn't a robot.

Interview Questions

• Some really vague questions about working on a team. Other more about SDLC process to make sure I understand that.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews with two different managers. After that, I received an interview at HQ with the two managers that initially interviewed me over the phone. The first two interviews over the phone were experience intensive. They each last 30-60 minutes and asked numerous behavioral questions and STAR questions. The process lasted about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work with some difficult circumstances and how did you overcome that situation.   Answer Question

Mobile QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

They had an open house day in the office and I went there and turned in my resume. About two weeks later I got an email for an phone interview. And after completing phone interview, I was signed up for an on-site interview next day. The actual interview took little longer than 2 hours, and I talked with 4 different interviewers in a room one by one. They were all very kind, so I was feeling pretty comfortable considering how nervous I was before the each meeting. They asked some typical behavioral questions and some QA related questions like how I would try testing their applications.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions related to the projects listed in the resume. They also asked about how I would try testing their applications in certain scenario.   Answer Question

Client Computing Mac Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with some technical questions. Questions were pretty standard. Interview took about 40 minutes. Talked with the guy about random stuff after. The process was pretty fast, didn't even have to go in for a formal interview!

Interview Questions

• How do you get to the preference files on mac?   1 Answer

Data Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I then went through two over the phone interviews, each that lasted about 30 minutes. The first was with an HR person and the second was with the project manager that I would work under. Overall, it was a very positive experience.

Software Engineer Partner Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

Interview

A recruiter contacted me first to schedule a phone screen with the hiring manager. After the phone screen was conducted I was brought in to interview with the team that was hiring. I met with each member of the team individually for 30 minutes. Each team member described the job and asked questions that were provided to them by HR. They also asked questions about my education and work experience based on my resume.

Entry Level Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about two weeks later where they asked questions about my resume and why I chose to apply for a position with NCR. Then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager where he asked more resume questions and some behavioral. Then I came in for an in-office interview where I had a three person panel interview where they explained the position and asked about my project experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where you analyzed data to reach a conclusion.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was done in 3 parts. The first part was a written logic and computer-server literacy test that I was given 20 minutes to finish, the second part was an actual interview with basic questions designed to find out more about myself and my character, lastly, the third part was an oral logic and computer-server literacy test, basically to see my overall background knowledge about computers, languages, databases, SQL servers, etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: Have you ever been in a team situation where you did not like how the team was functioning or a specific person was acting?   Answer Question