NCR

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NCR in September 2014.

Asked lots and lots of code level technical questions. He even asked notations used for RESTful services. After few questions, for one question, I was trying to remember what is the answer - may for 3 seconds, interviewer said - are you looking this up in Google? This pissed me off. He said he is technical architect. Hmmm what an attitude. When interviewer is jumping from topic to topic, does he expect to answer with in a second???????

Senior Supply Chain Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR.

Initial communication was via call by recruiter followed by call with group technical personnel and then hiring Director. All of my interactions with NCR personnel were exceptionally nice and cordial.

Interview Questions

Low salary offer for the position/metro area and accepted a different position.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview process was phone interview followed by face to face interview. They gave a tour of engineering lab as well. The decision was made promptly. The company has lot of very senior employees and they need their new hires to be connecting effectively to them.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer expected me to know about all the hardware even though I was looking for systems testing   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NCR in August 2014.

had phone intervews with corporate people which were very different from local company. questions asked had nothing to do with requirements in job description from local people. felt like i was being mislead throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • questions asked had nothing to do with requirements in job description from local people   Answer Question

Customer Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NCR.

First you apply online. After a week or two you receive multiple phone interviews with different recruiters. You have a meeting in Panera (or similar place) with your future Manager. After they offer you the job you have about 20-30 pages worth of documents to overlook and sign and must fax/scan them and email them back. They use a third-party company to handle the background check and drug test.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NCR.

I had two interviews, a one-on-one interview and then a phone interview. I then received a conditional offer pending a background and drug test. Pretty standard interview, made me feel comfortable talking, very open to questions about the company and position.

Interview Questions
    • What is something new that you recently learned and how did you go about learning it?   Answer Question

Costumer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR in July 2014.

Everyone was friendly and personable.it was a three interview process ( 2 supervisors and the director). The director was laid back but yet straight forward with his expectations and telling you how he felt about you

Interview Questions
    • How many Bluetooth can u connect to a Device   View Answer
    I needed time off following my start date and they approve

Intern Interview

Good overall, Basics of everything was asked like Java and SQL my projects that i worked upon in masters. Good experience overall. First was a technical round followed by the HR Round

Quality Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NCR.

i met with an hiring personal at my university's career fair. I later recieved an email about a phone interview, after the phone interview i was called in to go to an onsite interview. This is where you will have an interview of 4 managers that are working on different projects within the hospitality sector.

Interview Questions
    • questions that were asked were behavavioral. Mostly like answer a time you worked with a group and problems that arose and how you got over them. Name a time that you felt most successful at work or a group project. In the hospitality sector it really helps if you have resturant experience and give examples of how working as a server/resturant helped you and what you learned.   Answer Question

Customer Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NCR in May 2014.

After the online application process/assessment, I got called in for a interview. The interview process was a little intimidating, 3 managers, you and a test for evaluation. After the test and short talk/qa session a week goes by and i get a job offer. Accept job offer go in for a ride along for a few weeks and some online training. After all that is said and done you go in for 3 weeks onsite training in atlanta. Bad side to this process is there isnt enough time to finish the online training with in work hours so you wont finish it or blow through it so fast you wont learn anything. The onsite training while slower paced and better for Actually learning something could also be summed up into online training. So the online training is kind of a waste to be there, and the onsite training should be online training. If you fail at any point while doing training you go home thats it, shows over. We saw a few guys leave durring the process, which is kind of discouraging, but over all the training tests are pretty easy and should be a cake walk for most techs.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are particularly difficult, but being away from family for 3 weeks. Rotating training shifts are hard to get used to, you might have 3pm-12am one week and 6am- 3pm the next.   Answer Question
    This is what it is, take it or leave it.