NCR Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.7

Software Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I found the hiring process to be professional and thorough. From the moment of initial contact my recruiter and scheduling support rep were detailed and very informative. They even went so far as to reschedule my interview for a latter date (suicide right), due to uncontrollable circumstances. The interview process was lenghty 3.5-4 hours, but if you do your homewoork and research and know your craft it's not difficult to do well. Again, I reitierate knowing your craft...... tthe process will weed you right out the door if your shooting from the hip. Have the applicable experience and definitely be able convey it in what ever scenario they have prepared for you to show them. And trust me they are prepared!!! Over all, this one of my best experiences with the interviewing process with a company of any stature. I was impressed by the professionalism and thorough process, the time flew by because I was being engaged the enitre time. I have to admit that there process actually brought out more than my resume ever could say in a description of my true capabilities.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have any difficulties, I honestly and whole heartedly did my research. I wasn't afforded any heads up from insiders, or privy to any networking, I found Glassdoor after the fact even. I went in blind other than knowing I had to prepare and give a presentation about a scenario specific to my field. I was informed that I had to complete a battery of test once I arrived so be prepared.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Ask and ye shall receive.

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NCR.

Interview

Takes sometime to get your resume selected, but later everything goes fast and interview panel will make you to feel ease and on the whole they try to make it comfortable.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NCR in September 2014.

Interview

Asked lots and lots of code level technical questions. He even asked notations used for RESTful services. After few questions, for one question, I was trying to remember what is the answer - may for 3 seconds, interviewer said - are you looking this up in Google? This pissed me off. He said he is technical architect. Hmmm what an attitude. When interviewer is jumping from topic to topic, does he expect to answer with in a second???????

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Had a phone call with the Recruiter. A few weeks later with the manager which was positive. Then an hour phone interview with a Senior developer which went well. Was called onsite.

Interview Questions

• Data model of my current company. Linq queries in C#. SQL Server. Some C# features like Anonymous functions, extension methods etc. Classes inheritance.

Also asked if I had kids, where I lived and how old my kids were by a so called QA manager which I realized later was illegal. Until that point my interview was going fine.

Answer Question

Senior Supply Chain Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA).

Interview

Initial communication was via call by recruiter followed by call with group technical personnel and then hiring Director. All of my interactions with NCR personnel were exceptionally nice and cordial.

Interview Questions

Low salary offer for the position/metro area and accepted a different position.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process was phone interview followed by face to face interview. They gave a tour of engineering lab as well. The decision was made promptly. The company has lot of very senior employees and they need their new hires to be connecting effectively to them.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer expected me to know about all the hardware even though I was looking for systems testing   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NCR (Draper, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

had phone intervews with corporate people which were very different from local company. questions asked had nothing to do with requirements in job description from local people. felt like i was being mislead throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• questions asked had nothing to do with requirements in job description from local people   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NCR.

Interview

I had two interviews, a one-on-one interview and then a phone interview. I then received a conditional offer pending a background and drug test. Pretty standard interview, made me feel comfortable talking, very open to questions about the company and position.

Interview Questions

• What is something new that you recently learned and how did you go about learning it?   Answer Question

Customer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NCR.

Interview

First you apply online. After a week or two you receive multiple phone interviews with different recruiters. You have a meeting in Panera (or similar place) with your future Manager. After they offer you the job you have about 20-30 pages worth of documents to overlook and sign and must fax/scan them and email them back. They use a third-party company to handle the background check and drug test.

Costumer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Everyone was friendly and personable.it was a three interview process ( 2 supervisors and the director). The director was laid back but yet straight forward with his expectations and telling you how he felt about you

Interview Questions

• How many Bluetooth can u connect to a Device   1 Answer

Negotiation

I needed time off following my start date and they approve