NCR Interview Questions

2.7

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NCR.

I was interveiwed by 2 upper managers that had only worked for this company for 1 year and didn't know do do about being a TM for NCR....Really?

Interview Questions
    • I knew the answers because I worked for this company much longer than they did.   Answer Question

Temporary IT Interview

Since I had worked a permanent assignment with NCR which lasted for almost 5 years, there was no interview. Just a quick call back for a temporary assignment after a RIF (Reduction In Force) where the help desk was outsourced to Serbia.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions since the quality of work I had produced previously was answer enough for them & was why I was called back.   Answer Question

Customer Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NCR.

Virutal - all applications online, inital phone interview with HR (general customer service questions), phone interview with immediate manager including both technical and personal interview questions.

email with offer letter

Manager Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NCR in February 2014.

Applied via the NCR company website. Within 1 week I received an email stating the company was interested. They asked that I provide a time that I was available to conduct a 30 min phone screening. I replied back my availability. NCR then did not reply. After the times I p[provided as available had passed I sent a follow up e-mail to the recruiter with additional availability. Still no reply. 8 weeks later I received a rejection letter.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NCR.

Phone and a face to face

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR.

Former manager contacted me through monster.com. I knew someone who worked with NCR and that made my mind up. I was interviewed by the person whom I was replacing in the area at chili's which gave me a good impression of the company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Pretty straight forward, work history, skill set, etc.   Answer Question
    NCR wanted to hire me to replace the outgoing FSE in the area.

Marketing Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at NCR in January 2014.

Screening call with HR recruiter, initial call with hiring manager for 45 minutes. Invited to meet hiring manager in person plus 4 peers in person (separate sessions) and by conference call (all same day), then HR manager for this department. First contact to offer was about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
    About a week of back and forth discussions, then compromise.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NCR.

Phone follow by on site interview

Training Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NCR.

Started with an hour and half phone call with the hiring manager where he basically did the technical qualifications. I was told at that time that I would be invited to Duluth, GA for a person to person interview and that it would take a couple of weeks for them to get back to me. After not hearing from them for about 4 weeks I got an email that asked for a date when I could make the trip.

On the day of the interview I was taken to a room where I met with four different Vice Presidents and the hiring manager separately over a period of about 6 hours. Most of them knew very little about training and education. Don't try to impress them with what you know. These people are living in a corporate stone age. First, they don't know what to ask you. None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. I was not particularly impressed with anyone that I met that day.

The hiring manager, spent a total of one hour with me. This was a position that was essentially to be his number two person in the organization. I have hired people many times in my career and when the position is that important, I have been known to spend up to three hours in discussions followed by a dinner or breakfast meeting the next day, and then follow up phone conversations. During the interview with him, I started to get a sinking feeling as if the decision had already been made before I got there. They just needed to make it look competitive. So they brought in a few people like me.

later when I did my expense report I noticed that it took between 6 to 8 weeks for reimbursement of my expenses. That's when I really started to think hard about NCR. What company takes that long to pay someone? If they don't have it together enough to worry about the little stuff like that I can only imagine what kind of trouble awaits one, once inside. Anyway it took them 4 additional weeks to tell me that I wasn't a good fit. As much as I wanted to believe that I was so impressive that they spent all that time comparing and contrasting the last two candidates, in light of everything else I experienced with them, I'm thinking they just forgot to tell me. The best part of this experience was reading a survey by Glassdoor about a week before they gave me that bad news, It was on the worse companies to work for, NCR was number 8. Can't help but feel I dodged that bullet.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult or unexpected. In fact I would say they were very unprepared to interview me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fall River, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fall River, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NCR in December 2013.

Fast interview...phone screen followed by in-person interview with Territory Manager. In=person interview consisted of a few technical questions followed by a few open-ended situation-based questions.

Quick and versatile