NCR

Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.7

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NCR in April 2014.

Applied for the position via their website on March 26th. On March 28th, I received an email stating they would like to set up a phone interview. On March 31st, I received an email with available times to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled mine for April 8th. The next day I received an email with 3 attachments: Job Description, Fact Sheet (about the company history), and a phone interview itinerary (with a conference call ID).

Phone interview:
    The questions were predominantly questions of character. He said he asks everyone the same questions to make it fair. I remember the last question was "What do you feel makes you the best candidate for the job". After the phone interview he said he would be reaching out to me over the next few days to potentially set up an onsite interview.

On April 10th I received an email for an onsite interview. Luckily their next available onsite interview time was April 11th.

Onsite Interview:
    Interviewed with 3 people:
    Each person asked mainly character questions, few technical questions. Was a great experience, was given a tour of the lab after the last interview. Before I left my last interviewer, he said he would contact me by the middle of next week to state whether I had/ hadn't received an offer.

April 16th- received an internship offer via email. Excited to start their in June!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? If you were a brand what would you want to be known for?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, started at $17 an hour.

Intern IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NCR.

Extremely thorough dual interview process for an entry level internship. Situation and life experience questions were asked during the interview that had no basis on whether or not an applicant could perform intern duties. One of the interviewees seemed disinterested and kept glancing at her watch. One of the worst experiences of my life and will not recommend or even have a second thought of starting a career with this company.

Interview Questions
    • Name the most important decision you had to make in your life?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR in April 2014.

I have an onsite interview via friend refer

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are pretty easy. Asked a lot of question about my past experience. and Final have C++ test.   Answer Question

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NCR in April 2014.

Interview was with Hiring Manager and CFO. First there was a phone interview with hiring manager. Then about 3 weeks later, there was a face-to-face with hiring manager and CFO. Then the team came in. Something told me to not take the position because the team seemed a little traditional and I am more of a contemporary person but sometimes oil and vinegar do mix. I was wrong!

Offer was fair

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NCR in March 2014.

I submitted my resume at a career fair and was then contacted by HR to set up an onsite interview. The onsite interview was a thorough assessment of skills and abilities. The interview panel consisted of the hiring manager and the 4-5 members of the team. The people were extremely friendly and the focus of the interview was based on assessing fit of my skills and abilities with that required by the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would handle a quality issue from start to finish?   Answer Question

Received another offer while I was awaiting the results of this interview from NCR

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at NCR in March 2014.

Applied for the job and got an interview call directly. They were looking for entry level QA job. They setup interview date. Interview was done very quickly and it lasted for 2 hours.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NCR.

I was interveiwed by 2 upper managers that had only worked for this company for 1 year and didn't know do do about being a TM for NCR....Really?

Interview Questions
    • I knew the answers because I worked for this company much longer than they did.   Answer Question

Temporary IT Interview

Since I had worked a permanent assignment with NCR which lasted for almost 5 years, there was no interview. Just a quick call back for a temporary assignment after a RIF (Reduction In Force) where the help desk was outsourced to Serbia.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions since the quality of work I had produced previously was answer enough for them & was why I was called back.   Answer Question

Customer Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NCR.

Virutal - all applications online, inital phone interview with HR (general customer service questions), phone interview with immediate manager including both technical and personal interview questions.

email with offer letter

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NCR.

Phone and a face to face