NCR

2.7

Manager Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NCR in February 2014.

Applied via the NCR company website. Within 1 week I received an email stating the company was interested. They asked that I provide a time that I was available to conduct a 30 min phone screening. I replied back my availability. NCR then did not reply. After the times I p[provided as available had passed I sent a follow up e-mail to the recruiter with additional availability. Still no reply. 8 weeks later I received a rejection letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR.

Former manager contacted me through monster.com. I knew someone who worked with NCR and that made my mind up. I was interviewed by the person whom I was replacing in the area at chili's which gave me a good impression of the company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Pretty straight forward, work history, skill set, etc.   Answer Question
    NCR wanted to hire me to replace the outgoing FSE in the area.

Marketing Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at NCR in January 2014.

Screening call with HR recruiter, initial call with hiring manager for 45 minutes. Invited to meet hiring manager in person plus 4 peers in person (separate sessions) and by conference call (all same day), then HR manager for this department. First contact to offer was about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
    About a week of back and forth discussions, then compromise.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NCR.

Phone follow by on site interview

Training Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NCR.

Started with an hour and half phone call with the hiring manager where he basically did the technical qualifications. I was told at that time that I would be invited to Duluth, GA for a person to person interview and that it would take a couple of weeks for them to get back to me. After not hearing from them for about 4 weeks I got an email that asked for a date when I could make the trip.

On the day of the interview I was taken to a room where I met with four different Vice Presidents and the hiring manager separately over a period of about 6 hours. Most of them knew very little about training and education. Don't try to impress them with what you know. These people are living in a corporate stone age. First, they don't know what to ask you. None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. I was not particularly impressed with anyone that I met that day.

The hiring manager, spent a total of one hour with me. This was a position that was essentially to be his number two person in the organization. I have hired people many times in my career and when the position is that important, I have been known to spend up to three hours in discussions followed by a dinner or breakfast meeting the next day, and then follow up phone conversations. During the interview with him, I started to get a sinking feeling as if the decision had already been made before I got there. They just needed to make it look competitive. So they brought in a few people like me.

later when I did my expense report I noticed that it took between 6 to 8 weeks for reimbursement of my expenses. That's when I really started to think hard about NCR. What company takes that long to pay someone? If they don't have it together enough to worry about the little stuff like that I can only imagine what kind of trouble awaits one, once inside. Anyway it took them 4 additional weeks to tell me that I wasn't a good fit. As much as I wanted to believe that I was so impressive that they spent all that time comparing and contrasting the last two candidates, in light of everything else I experienced with them, I'm thinking they just forgot to tell me. The best part of this experience was reading a survey by Glassdoor about a week before they gave me that bad news, It was on the worse companies to work for, NCR was number 8. Can't help but feel I dodged that bullet.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult or unexpected. In fact I would say they were very unprepared to interview me.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NCR in December 2013.

First phone screen: about 30 to 45 minutes in length.

After a round of selection of candidates which takes about 2 to 3 weeks, the selected candidates are called for an in depth face to face interview.

During the face 2 face, the candidate gets interviewed by 5 people including the enterprise architect, the manager, 2 or 3 senior developers and engineers.

The F2F interview lasted about 2 hours and 15 minutes. It usually lasts about 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • Write the algorithm to calculate the intersection of 2 points   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fall River, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fall River, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NCR in December 2013.

Fast interview...phone screen followed by in-person interview with Territory Manager. In=person interview consisted of a few technical questions followed by a few open-ended situation-based questions.

Quick and versatile

Customer Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at NCR.

Phone screen followed by phone interview

Customer Engineer II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NCR.

My interview was easy and went well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a difficult problem to fix. What all did you have to do to fix everything and keep customer as happy as possible.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed for the business analyst position. It was a standard behavioral interview for a first round. What were my favorite classes, why this position, describe a time where you had to deal with a conflict in a group.

Interview Questions
    • What products are we releasing that your excited about?   Answer Question