NCR Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.7

Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted the application on line, then had a phone screen with HR approx 2 weeks later, if the initial phone screen goes well (and the position is funded), they will send you through the gauntlet of interviews - On-Site interviews (3x) with local management, On-Site interviews (6x) at HQ in ATL. Offer/Negotiation/Acceptance. Most management level positions need approval from the LOB Exec or CEO which can take time.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult employee   1 Answer

Negotiation

Exec compensation is somewhat negotiable for the smaller things. There is no real interaction with the decision maker though, negotiations are handled through the recruiter.

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied for the job and got an interview call directly. They were looking for entry level QA job. They setup interview date. Interview was done very quickly and it lasted for 2 hours.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NCR (Columbus, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a career fair and was then contacted by HR to set up an onsite interview. The onsite interview was a thorough assessment of skills and abilities. The interview panel consisted of the hiring manager and the 4-5 members of the team. The people were extremely friendly and the focus of the interview was based on assessing fit of my skills and abilities with that required by the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would handle a quality issue from start to finish?   Answer Question

Received another offer while I was awaiting the results of this interview from NCR

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NCR (New York, NY).

Interview

I was interveiwed by 2 upper managers that had only worked for this company for 1 year and didn't know do do about being a TM for NCR....Really?

Interview Questions

• I knew the answers because I worked for this company much longer than they did.   Answer Question

Temporary IT Interview

Interview

Since I had worked a permanent assignment with NCR which lasted for almost 5 years, there was no interview. Just a quick call back for a temporary assignment after a RIF (Reduction In Force) where the help desk was outsourced to Serbia.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions since the quality of work I had produced previously was answer enough for them & was why I was called back.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NCR.

Interview

Phone and a face to face

Customer Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NCR.

Interview

Virutal - all applications online, inital phone interview with HR (general customer service questions), phone interview with immediate manager including both technical and personal interview questions.

Negotiation

email with offer letter

Manager Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NCR (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied via the NCR company website. Within 1 week I received an email stating the company was interested. They asked that I provide a time that I was available to conduct a 30 min phone screening. I replied back my availability. NCR then did not reply. After the times I p[provided as available had passed I sent a follow up e-mail to the recruiter with additional availability. Still no reply. 8 weeks later I received a rejection letter.

Customer Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR (Logan, UT).

Interview

Former manager contacted me through monster.com. I knew someone who worked with NCR and that made my mind up. I was interviewed by the person whom I was replacing in the area at chili's which gave me a good impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Pretty straight forward, work history, skill set, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NCR wanted to hire me to replace the outgoing FSE in the area.

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at NCR in January 2014.

Interview

Screening call with HR recruiter, initial call with hiring manager for 45 minutes. Invited to meet hiring manager in person plus 4 peers in person (separate sessions) and by conference call (all same day), then HR manager for this department. First contact to offer was about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

About a week of back and forth discussions, then compromise.