NCR Project Manager Interview Questions

2.4

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR in March 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview phase were very professional, role and responsibilty specific. The interviewers were very knowledgeable, engaging and committed to learning about the interviewee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation due to downturn in economy.

Other Interview Reviews for NCR

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR (London, England (UK)) in February 2009.

Interview

Phone interview + 1:1 interview with Recruitment agency 1:1 interview with Line Manager 1:1 interview with Practice Director

Interview Questions

• Describe previous experiences as a PM and how this benefit NCR?   1 Answer
    • Wanted exposure to NCR's business or had a similar background in banking or retail   1 Answer

Negotiation

Limited negotiation on wage as had already been agreed + at top-end of salary band

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NCR in July 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. The scheduling is very straight forward....click on the link provided in the email and select your interview date/time...a follow-up confirmation email was immmediately received. On the interview day I was promptly contacted by an recruitment specialist for fairly straight forward behavioural interview. Interviewer also provided standard info about NCR (i.e. benefits, hiring process etc.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work on 2 (or more) projects with conflicting deadlines that required your immediate attention and what you did to overcome this obstacle.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NCR in January 2010.

Interview

good process.. received phone call... went through normal interview on the phone, what magazine do you read, why do you want to join us,, etc...

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NCR in November 2011.

Interview

The interview was standard format. Director interviewed me first and ran down competency based questions. Then I met with the managers individually. Interview lasted 3 hours. Nothing too challanging I think you do need to have the correct answers to their questions though and present yourself as there to contribute and have a friendly disposition. I would say my success was about 50% skills and 50% personality.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage issues on a project   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary. They will come to you with a conditional offer, you can reject and propose a counter offer. In my case they accepted my counter offer.

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

Initial application process was completed online and an electronic response was received a week later stating that I will be contacted to schedule a phone interview. I was asked a few qualifying questions specifically if I had a Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification. The interview took place on a Sunday and involved a general overview of my skills through past projects, strengths and weakness followed by request for my questions for the organization.

Interview Questions

• How many individuals did you supervise on your last project and what did you do?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Motherwell, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at NCR (Motherwell, Scotland (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

Badly managed, felt the hiring manager had hidden a agenda, Application was managed out of Eastern Europe and process was poorly communicated. After two interviews, numerous attempts to get hold of several HR representatives in Eastern Europe, i was notified 8 weeks later to be informed my application was unsuccessful

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

I just had a phone interview with NCR for a project manager position, and I was pretty shocked that the interviewer was a non-NCR employee; apparently the phone screening has been outsourced to a company in Ohio. The interviewer read the questions from a script (and I had already answered many of the questions when I applied online!) and laboriously typing down my answers, sometimes asking me to repeat a portion of my response. My attempts to create a rapport with the 'interviewer' were pretty much ignored, and there was no opportunity to ask any questions about the position. The whole experience was pretty surreal; I've never had an outsourced pre-screening before, other than those occasions where I worked with a recruiter to submit to a position. Apparently I'll know in two weeks if I will be granted an in-person interview. This experience makes me thankful I am currently further in the interviewing process with two other candidate employers, none of whom outsource their interviews!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you had to prioritize your work, how you addressed the issue, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of an achievement you're most proud of.   Answer Question

By the time an in-person interview opportunity with NCR rolls around, I'll have accepted another offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at NCR (Belgrade (Serbia)) in December 2011.

Interview

They needed urgent PM for France. Then hired me without any complications.

Interview Questions

• Most boring: How you see yourself in 5 Years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

NCR has hired Right Thing, Inc. to do their screening. I hope they are not paying much because they are not getting much for their money. My screener/interviewer did not know the meaning of the acronyms in the posting. The position reports to the T&T Practice Manager. What the heck is that? The questions ended with" What do you think will be your greatest contribution to this position?" It was a completely generic Project Management job description. NCR, get a clue!

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be your greatest contribution to this position?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any Six Sigma training?   1 Answer