NCR

NCR Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at NCR

Interview Details – Apply online - phone interview - in person interview - job offer - paperwork - hired

Interview Question – Most difficult personal interaction and the results?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very little negotiation

Duluth, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NCR in April 2010.

Interview Details – I just had a phone interview with NCR for a project manager position, and I was pretty shocked that the interviewer was a non-NCR employee; apparently the phone screening has been outsourced to a company in Ohio. The interviewer read the questions from a script (and I had already answered many of the questions when I applied online!) and laboriously typing down my answers, sometimes asking me to repeat a portion of my response. My attempts to create a rapport with the 'interviewer' were pretty much ignored, and there was no opportunity to ask any questions about the position. The whole experience was pretty surreal; I've never had an outsourced pre-screening before, other than those occasions where I worked with a recruiter to submit to a position. Apparently I'll know in two weeks if I will be granted an in-person interview. This experience makes me thankful I am currently further in the interviewing process with two other candidate employers, none of whom outsource their interviews!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you had to prioritize your work, how you addressed the issue, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question
  • Give us an example of an achievement you're most proud of.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – By the time an in-person interview opportunity with NCR rolls around, I'll have accepted another offer.

Duluth, GA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NCR in January 2012.

Interview Details – NCR has hired Right Thing, Inc. to do their screening. I hope they are not paying much because they are not getting much for their money. My screener/interviewer did not know the meaning of the acronyms in the posting. The position reports to the T&T Practice Manager. What the heck is that? The questions ended with" What do you think will be your greatest contribution to this position?" It was a completely generic Project Management job description. NCR, get a clue!

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be your greatest contribution to this position?   View Answer
  • Do you have any Six Sigma training?   View Answer

Belgrade (Serbia)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NCR in December 2011.

Interview Details – They needed urgent PM for France. Then hired me without any complications.

Interview Question – Most boring: How you see yourself in 5 Years?   View Answer

Motherwell, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at NCR in March 2010.

Interview Details – Badly managed, felt the hiring manager had hidden a agenda, Application was managed out of Eastern Europe and process was poorly communicated. After two interviews, numerous attempts to get hold of several HR representatives in Eastern Europe, i was notified 8 weeks later to be informed my application was unsuccessful

Interview Question – Describe your leadership skills   Answer Question

Duluth, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NCR in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initial application process was completed online and an electronic response was received a week later stating that I will be contacted to schedule a phone interview. I was asked a few qualifying questions specifically if I had a Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification. The interview took place on a Sunday and involved a general overview of my skills through past projects, strengths and weakness followed by request for my questions for the organization.

Interview Question – How many individuals did you supervise on your last project and what did you do?   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NCR in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was standard format. Director interviewed me first and ran down competency based questions. Then I met with the managers individually. Interview lasted 3 hours. Nothing too challanging I think you do need to have the correct answers to their questions though and present yourself as there to contribute and have a friendly disposition. I would say my success was about 50% skills and 50% personality.

Interview Question – How do you manage issues on a project   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate salary. They will come to you with a conditional offer, you can reject and propose a counter offer. In my case they accepted my counter offer.

Project Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at NCR in July 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. The scheduling is very straight forward....click on the link provided in the email and select your interview date/time...a follow-up confirmation email was immmediately received. On the interview day I was promptly contacted by an recruitment specialist for fairly straight forward behavioural interview. Interviewer also provided standard info about NCR (i.e. benefits, hiring process etc.)

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to work on 2 (or more) projects with conflicting deadlines that required your immediate attention and what you did to overcome this obstacle.   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NCR in January 2010.

Interview Details – good process.. received phone call... went through normal interview on the phone, what magazine do you read, why do you want to join us,, etc...

Interview Question – dont remember   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NCR in February 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview + 1:1 interview with Recruitment agency
1:1 interview with Line Manager
1:1 interview with Practice Director

Interview Questions

• Describe previous experiences as a PM and how this benefit NCR?   View Answer
  • Wanted exposure to NCR's business or had a similar background in banking or retail   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation on wage as had already been agreed + at top-end of salary band

Worked for NCR? Contribute to the Community!