NCR Software Developer Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Customer Engineer II (13)
- Project Manager (11)
- Software Engineer (9)
- Senior Software Engineer (6)
- Software Developer (5)
- Customer Engineer (5)
- Professional Services Consultant (4)
- Help Desk Agent (4)
- Account Manager (3)
- Marketing (3)
- Customer Care Agent (3)
- Customer Service Engineer (3)
- Customer Services Engineer (3)
- Territory Manager (2)
- Tier II Technical Support (2)
- Support (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Sales (2)
- Finance (2)
- Solutions Sales Specialist (2)
- Senior Product Development Engineer (2)
- Director (2)
- Marketing Manager (2)
- Marketing Specialist (2)
- Software Specialist (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Inside Sales Representative (2)
- Inventory Manager (1)
- Intern (1)
Software Developer Interview (Neutral Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NCR in November 2011.
Interview Details – It is NCR mobiqa for mobile development.
First got a telephone interview. The process was friendly. Most questions were about the basic concepts of OO, Java, and some Web knowledge. Also asked about the CV experience and relevant courses. It took about 30 minutes.
The second on-site interview consist of three parts: 1.two people asked about CV experience and basic technical questions, including design pattern, html5, ajax. 2.A pen and paper design question, to design a program based on a given scenario. 3.Programming test, related to sorting and hashtable. Quite basic.
Software Developer Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NCR in March 2013.
Interview Details – The interviewing process was more laid back than expect. I interviewed for the restaurant department in Atlanta, and the HR rep was very nice and the lady who interviewed me was very very nice
Interview Question – None Answer Question
Software Developer Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NCR in May 2014.
Interview Details – First round a phone interview, just go through my resume and a couple of simple questions like what is OOP and give me an example of design patterns etc. Second round should be a onsite but I live far away so it became a phone interview. Some resume check and a lot of technical questions. Mostly about memory management and some technical questions like XML and JMS.
Interview Question – In which ways can two processes communicate? Describe as many as possible. Answer Question
Software Developer Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NCR in June 2013.
Interview Details – First part of an interview was a home test. I had to make it in 1 hour or most 2 hour. . 5 days later was the second part. Again technical questions:
1. General programming questions (Basic OOP, Design patterns)
3. Java(or C#)
4. SQL - make an nontrivial QUERY on 4 interconnected tables
Interview Question – How to solve memory leaks? What are smart pointers. Answer Question
Software Developer Interview (Neutral Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NCR in December 2013.
Interview Details – First I got a homeword - pyramid problem (http://www.mathblog.dk/project-euler-18/). Limit is 1 hour.
Then I was invited to interview in company offices. There was an another test.
Interview Question – Some questions:
- abstraction (interface, abstract class)
- singleton pattern, factory pattern
- multithreading (semaphore, mutex, lock, autoreset events, deadlock)
- C++ examples, how to free objects
- how garbage collector in .NET works
- using-dispose construction
- hashtable - what is the best implementation, compare to another list structures in .NET
- difference between list, array, arraylist
- example for using the StringBuilder inside a loop
- XPath, XSL
- SQL: nontrivial SQL query on interconnected tables
- SQL: adding of some indexes slowed down an application, why?
- just-in-time compilation problem on missing .dll on the client side Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at NCR