NCR Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position through my school's career fair. I got contact 2-3 weeks later for a brief phone interview going over the achievements on my resume and scheduling an in person interview 2 weeks later. Now I must say that being in grad school and having had 2 years of work experience made things easy on the interview but below is more details. The process lasted about 3 hours which according to my recruiter depending on how well I would perform during each phase. The first one, I was given a paper test. The different topics were C#, object oriented, C/C++ & memory management, Sql concepts, Javascript, iOS and Android. The test is impossible to finish in an hour so don't waste time on the concept you do not know. I believe it is a pretty generic test except maybe for the last 2 parts since my position is more focussed on mobile developement. Afterward I had an in person interview with one of the team lead where I was given 2 programming problems to solve on a white board. The last hour another developer questioned me specifically about Android. At the end I got to talk to the director for a few minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NCR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Had a phone call with the Recruiter. A few weeks later with the manager which was positive. Then an hour phone interview with a Senior developer which went well. Was called onsite.

Interview Questions

• Data model of my current company. Linq queries in C#. SQL Server. Some C# features like Anonymous functions, extension methods etc. Classes inheritance. Also asked if I had kids, where I lived and how old my kids were by a so called QA manager which I realized later was illegal. Until that point my interview was going fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

I have an onsite interview via friend refer

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are pretty easy. Asked a lot of question about my past experience. and Final have C++ test.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

They called me very quickly, and were able to setup an interview within one day.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Coding test, with a set of interviews with 3 people. Each person seemed to focus on something different (personality, technical, aptitude). The coding test was pretty thorough and covered a lot of core concepts in almost all modern platforms.

Interview Questions

• To tell the interviewer the value of a binary number.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was very disorganized. There didn't seem to be a standard process in place or individuals who conducted interviews. The people who were part of the interview were very amiable. The really wansn't a technical part to the interview. The interview seemed more about whether I would get along and fit the culture than if I had the technical know how to solve the problems necessary to move their products forward.

Interview Questions

• Alk questions asked were standard behavioral questions such as whether I had been disciplined at previous jobs or what was a successful project I had worked on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Hiring process is very efficient. Interview process took up to three times.

Interview Questions

• What can you do for NCR? And what can NCR can do for you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR (Hyderābād (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with NCR last saturday. NCR HR called me and scheduled an in person interview. I wasn't informed about the written test but it was easy though. Three Rounds 1. Written Test (Some Analytical Question - Fundamentals like strings, operators etc) 2. First round Technical interview. 3. Second Round Technical Interview. Prepare good on oops, asp.net fundamentals

Interview Questions

• How to restrict a class from being instantiated more than once.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

The whole process consisted of 3 parts: phone interview, coding assignment, face-to-face interview. It was a great experience and I absolutely loved it. The phone interview was conducted by an experienced engineer who was very friendly and helpful. The coding assignment was very interesting and engaging. The last part was difficult but the interviewers (senior engineers) were friendly and supportive. Overall, an excellent experience, gave me a great feeling about the company.

Interview Questions

• Differences between an abstract class and and an interface   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Prague (Czech Republic)).

Interview

First, you solve a short programming task in one hour. If you can pass this, they invite you to a four hour interview. What happens in four hours? 1st hour: Test (General Programming, C++, XML, SQL, C#) 2nd hour: Review of your test, more questions depending on your results 3rd hour: A higher-level interview (component design, or architecture) 4th hour: Interview with development manager What distinguishes their questions? Their questions are not based on basic Computer Science problems (like in Microsoft or Google). They are very language-specific. Lots of details about C++, SQL, C# etc..

Work environment