NCR Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCR (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

One phone interview. One in person interview. Very long background screening process.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were very easy. Mostly semantics of C.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Other Interview Reviews for NCR

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was very disorganized. There didn't seem to be a standard process in place or individuals who conducted interviews. The people who were part of the interview were very amiable. The really wansn't a technical part to the interview. The interview seemed more about whether I would get along and fit the culture than if I had the technical know how to solve the problems necessary to move their products forward.

Interview Questions

• Alk questions asked were standard behavioral questions such as whether I had been disciplined at previous jobs or what was a successful project I had worked on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The was no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NCR (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

group discussion,test,one on one interview

Negotiation

entry level

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Hyderābād (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

1 technical, 1 managerial and 1 hr round during technical all basics in c# and about projects you worked earlier hr is a good round where they mainly targeting on communication skills, They asked me to tell the authors of the book that i read recently (as i said books reading is my hobby)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

s

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Had a phone call with the Recruiter. A few weeks later with the manager which was positive. Then an hour phone interview with a Senior developer which went well. Was called onsite.

Interview Questions

• Data model of my current company. Linq queries in C#. SQL Server. Some C# features like Anonymous functions, extension methods etc. Classes inheritance. Also asked if I had kids, where I lived and how old my kids were by a so called QA manager which I realized later was illegal. Until that point my interview was going fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Coding test, with a set of interviews with 3 people. Each person seemed to focus on something different (personality, technical, aptitude). The coding test was pretty thorough and covered a lot of core concepts in almost all modern platforms.

Interview Questions

• To tell the interviewer the value of a binary number.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR (Hyderābād (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with NCR last saturday. NCR HR called me and scheduled an in person interview. I wasn't informed about the written test but it was easy though. Three Rounds 1. Written Test (Some Analytical Question - Fundamentals like strings, operators etc) 2. First round Technical interview. 3. Second Round Technical Interview. Prepare good on oops, asp.net fundamentals

Interview Questions

• How to restrict a class from being instantiated more than once.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

1st Round Technical was 1 on 1, 2 round technical group panel, 3 Human Resource Round.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position through my school's career fair. I got contact 2-3 weeks later for a brief phone interview going over the achievements on my resume and scheduling an in person interview 2 weeks later. Now I must say that being in grad school and having had 2 years of work experience made things easy on the interview but below is more details. The process lasted about 3 hours which according to my recruiter depending on how well I would perform during each phase. The first one, I was given a paper test. The different topics were C#, object oriented, C/C++ & memory management, Sql concepts, Javascript, iOS and Android. The test is impossible to finish in an hour so don't waste time on the concept you do not know. I believe it is a pretty generic test except maybe for the last 2 parts since my position is more focussed on mobile developement. Afterward I had an in person interview with one of the team lead where I was given 2 programming problems to solve on a white board. The last hour another developer questioned me specifically about Android. At the end I got to talk to the director for a few minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

They called me very quickly, and were able to setup an interview within one day.