NCR

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.9

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NCR in January 2010.

One phone interview. One in person interview. Very long background screening process.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions were very easy. Mostly semantics of C.   Answer Question
None.

Other Interview Reviews for NCR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at NCR in June 2012.

The interview was very disorganized. There didn't seem to be a standard process in place or individuals who conducted interviews. The people who were part of the interview were very amiable. The really wansn't a technical part to the interview. The interview seemed more about whether I would get along and fit the culture than if I had the technical know how to solve the problems necessary to move their products forward.

Interview Questions
    • Alk questions asked were standard behavioral questions such as whether I had been disciplined at previous jobs or what was a successful project I had worked on.   Answer Question
    The was no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NCR.

group discussion,test,one on one interview

entry level

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at NCR.

1st Round Technical was 1 on 1, 2 round technical group panel, 3 Human Resource Round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NCR in November 2014.

I applied for this position through my school's career fair. I got contact 2-3 weeks later for a brief phone interview going over the achievements on my resume and scheduling an in person interview 2 weeks later. Now I must say that being in grad school and having had 2 years of work experience made things easy on the interview but below is more details.
    The process lasted about 3 hours which according to my recruiter depending on how well I would perform during each phase. The first one, I was given a paper test. The different topics were C#, object oriented, C/C++ & memory management, Sql concepts, Javascript, iOS and Android. The test is impossible to finish in an hour so don't waste time on the concept you do not know. I believe it is a pretty generic test except maybe for the last 2 parts since my position is more focussed on mobile developement.
    Afterward I had an in person interview with one of the team lead where I was given 2 programming problems to solve on a white board. The last hour another developer questioned me specifically about Android.
    At the end I got to talk to the director for a few minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NCR.

They called me very quickly, and were able to setup an interview within one day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCR in April 2014.

I have an onsite interview via friend refer

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are pretty easy. Asked a lot of question about my past experience. and Final have C++ test.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NCR in April 2010.

It was simple and basics are covered

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at NCR in April 2011.

The interview was very interactive and the person was trying to get answer from even if i had forgot them. It was one of the best interview I had. Some of the questions are

1. Whats difference between Interface and Abstract class.
    2. How do you find intersection of two arrays.
    3. How do you reduce the load time of the javascript (.js files)
    4. Whats the use of protected access modifier?
    5. Whats z-index?
    6. Whats the various units like relative(em), absolute units(px) during web html development.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NCR in February 2011.

Hiring process is very efficient. Interview process took up to three times.

Interview Questions
    • What can you do for NCR? And what can NCR can do for you?   Answer Question