NCsoft Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

3.2

Game Programmer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at NCsoft in September 2011.

1. resume
    2. technical interview
    3. personality interview

Interview Questions
    • quick sort, explain worst case.   Answer Question
    • explain c++ reference variable, where is this variable located in memory?

compare with java

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NCsoft in December 2011.

It was pretty straightforward. Had a few phone calls and an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you better than others at your job?   View Answer
    Simple (at the time).

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NCsoft in May 2009.

After a positive application response, the process consisted of a phone interview then lead to an on-site interview. Only one interview was conducted on-site and lasted for a couple of hours, with a couple of written tests.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly difficult, but a fair amount had subtle meanings to detect a personality profile.   View Answer
    No negotiation was required as the contract was pretty standard and the pay corresponded to the average salary for the position at the time.

Senior Interactive Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NCsoft.

Their recruiter found me via LinkedIn and gave me a call. After speaking for a short period of time I stated I was interested and I believe we set up a time for an in-person team interview and I came in for about a 3hr long interview (i.e. typical portfolio review and hours of talking to the team) and afterwords I left. On my way out of the building I got a call with an offer and accepted. Pretty simple.

I told them what I wanted and they said, "okay".

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NCsoft in March 2015.

Interview process consisted of an initial 20 minute call with the HR Recruiter. A few days later a phone interview was setup with the Sr. Producer. This second phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of the standard questions you'd expect from an interview.

For example:
    Do you play NCSoft titles? Do you play competitive titles of ours?
    What is your Producer Methodology?
    Why do you want to work at NCSoft?
    What is a standard day in the life of you at your current position?

Both interviewers did a great job explaining what NCSoft is about, what the direction of the company currently is and the expectations and responsibilities of the Producer at this company.

I found both interviewers very easy to talk to and forthcoming with answers to the various questions I had. Unfortunately, the stage 2 phone interview was the last for me, more than likely due to my inexperience working on MMOs and lack of knowledge of NCSoft products. However, I found the experience to be a solid, professional one. The fact that they took a second to provide me a clear resolution, that I was not moving on to the next round of interviews, is much appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • What is your Producer Methodology? What is a standard day in the life of you at your current position?   Answer Question

Environment Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NCsoft in August 2010.

-Applied online after seeing an opening for an environment artist and included a link to my webpage
    -Contacted by the company for a phone interview
    -Went into the studio for a formal interview (about 6 hours long) with reps from all disciplines
    -Given an art test (1 week deadline)
    -Offer made to me via phone

Interview Questions
    • Describe the process you went through to complete the work seen in one of your portfolio pieces.   View Answer
    • What brings you to this studio given that you are still gainfully employed?   View Answer

Accepted offer closer to family in Seattle.