NDS Americas

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NDS Americas in January 2009.

Interview Details – Company requires idiots to fillup the joint; every once in a while, a skilled engineer accidently joins the company. Company requires PERFECT TRW and credit scores. They pretend that the company has important secrets to protect. Do not try to join unless you want to be screened by CREDIT SCORE and SECURITY COMPANY and 3 or 4 letters of REFERENCE and calls to past employers. 30+day process NDS painful.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with managers who do not speak your language?   View Answer
  • Are you willing to take continous and ongoing bonings from your direct manager, in order to continue employment?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – So long as you were willing to take recurring from your bosses, they were willing to pay. Start as high as you think they can bear, because you will get HARD and OFTEN, should you take job offer. Consider high 110's. High 120's are for mgt. Architechs might ask mid 140's. Few senior mgr make $300K+, but rare.

Systems Integration and Test Engineer Interview

Systems Integration and Test Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NDS Americas in July 2011.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from HR/Staffing person. She went over my resume and just had me ranks my skills from 0-10 and asked me a little about myself. Received another phone call from her to schedule phone interview with manager. Had 30 minute interview with manager which seemed to go well which ended in the discussion of bringing me in for an in-person interview. That same friday the HR person called (which I missed) and left me a message. Returned call on Friday afternoon - nothing. Called again on the following Tuesday - nothing. So I left it a t that for at least 2 weeks. I get a phone call stating that I am no longer under consideration as if we were playing "phone tag" for weeks. Poor communication all together.

Interview Question – Have you ever mentored a junior person   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at NDS Americas in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was of three technical and one HR. In the interview, it has mainly concentrated on Core Java, Implementation of HashMap, Implementation of ThreadPool, modelling some problem scenerios on design patterns. It was conducted in a very conducive env.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The compensation i didnt find very exciting. It was just average. Moreover, they wanted me join immediately and i was going to get married

Worked for NDS Americas? Contribute to the Community!