NDS

Relevance Date Difficulty

IPTV Integration Engineer Interview

IPTV Integration Engineer
Staines, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NDS.

Interview Details – There were several rounds. First, a phone interview with their private agency (Rockfish), then a phone interview with someone from NDS, then a personal interview with HR and with people from my future team, and then a personal interview with the UK head, Derek Nottingham. Finally, a small HR interview after I started working to get my permission for vetting.

The team interview was in Staines. They were most interested in my past jobs, I had to tell them about the details of a 3play IPTV network that I maintained at my previous employer, and justify my decisions. There were basic technical questions about using the linux text console (grep/find/more, firewalls, how to set the IP address and nameservers of a Red Hat box, how to enable/disable/add/remove services; they were surprised to hear that there were utilities like "ntsysv" and "service" to do this).

I had to travel to Chandler's Ford for the interview with Derek, the UK head. He asked me about my education, my degree, my personal situation, my plans and then he led me through their CF offices. I guess at that point I was already in a safe situation, he just wanted to see me before he signed the papers.

Interview Question – Create an iptables rule to allow incoming SSH packets from 192.168.1.0/24.   View Answer

Staines, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at NDS.

Interview Details – In response to internet job ad. Contacted by agent (very good) and external who acts for NDS in telephone interview. 53 days between phone interview & f2f interview.
Five senior people, all very friendly.

Interview day was 1.5 hour technical, 1.5 competency-based and 1-2 hours of programming a virtual car to navigate a track.

Interview Question – I struggled a bit in the technical interview about how threads communicate -- my fault for not enough prep.   Answer Question

Graduate Development Programmer Interview

Graduate Development Programmer
Southampton, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NDS.

Interview Details – Telephone interview then assessment centre. Telephone interview was conducted by an external recruitment company. It was friendly and informal and covered the usual questions ie. Why NDS? Tell me what NDS do. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? Tell me about your degree. Tell me about you.

The recruitment company were very disorganised, I ended up submitting my address on four different occasions to the guy dealing with my application!

The first thing they made clear at the assessment centre is that they can afford to be choosey. Day is spilt into activities in the morning and interviews in the afternoon, candidates they don't like are asked to leave after lunch (my fate). Activities consisted of a test reviewing sudocode, group/teamworking exercises, NDS sales presentation and mingling session. Tips for staying on till the afternoon: ask questions of the staff at the beginning, presentation and after the group exercises so that the staff get to know you; speak up so the observers can hear what you are saying to your teammates during the group exercises; know their products well and ask questions (even if they are a bit pointless) about them; and be aware that some of the questions asked of you during the mingling session will be based on aspects of your performance in the tasks up to that point.

Good luck!

Interview Question – Unexpectedly forceful question about my educational background.   Answer Question

Staines, England (UK)

I interviewed at NDS in August 2012.

Interview Details – online test, telecom interview, face to face interview

Interview Question – why we are using int for TRUE/FALSE why not float   View Answer

Interviewed at NDS

Interview Details – People with 1-4 years experience there will be around 3-4 rounds
1) Aptitude(C and/or Java and simple puzzles)
2) Technical(one/two rounds)

storage classes
function pointers
Event handling
Threads
Basic OS concepts like fifo,shared memory,sockets etc..

Interview Question – Some questions on trees and handling large data   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at NDS in March 2011.

Interview Details – two rounds of technical interview + Manager and HR interview.
technical interviews were based on core java. very basic questions.
manager round is pure salary negotiation round.
HR round is just to offer the appointment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation .they will offer as per company standard.

Software Engineer, Java Interview

Software Engineer, Java

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at NDS in September 2011.

Interview Details – first i done with my written test in nds.
it consists of 25 aptitude 12 java questions..
i done with written test got call from HR with in 2 days for further rounds....

after 5 days i attended interview in nds..
1)1st tech round
2)2nd tech round
3)line manager round
4)HR

1)1st technical: Interviewer is very decent,polite and friendly.
she asks me about the basics of core java and next she started asking questions on OOPS.
it was very challenging round and it takes about 1hr 30 min ....

2) 2nd technical round:
asks me much more questions on data structures and i done with all questions with 100% impression marks.. he was impressed with my answers...

3)Line manager round: this is different round when compared with all other rounds.
manager is very polite and asks me about my prev company and standards we follow in that company...
and explained about software process model and its architecture. he very much impressed with my answers and he immediately said to me that dont think about the salary you will get more than you expected...
that gives me a lot of job.. of course :P

4)Final round HR:
nothing about this round... asks me about my profile... about my parents ... he is very cool and polite.....
and asks me about my excepted sal.. bla bla bla..

*Note:: why u want to change your job ....
what is your expected salary...

Interview Question – how can you print singly linked list in reverse order with out using additional variables????   View Answer

Negotiation Details – guys .. NDS will pay as per company norms.... if u say my expected sal is some what about 4-5 per annum.. and if u are impressed hr then you may get the max sal..
they dont care about your past comp sal.. and your expected sal .. they will offer the best salary for our talent... and u will get better salary than you demand..

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NDS in July 2009.

Interview Details – There was 1 written, passing which we will have two technical and 1 HR round.

Interview Question – Write a program to solve sudoku.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NDS in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was extremely professional. There were 3 rounds each lasting 3 hours. Was tested on all aspects like programming, problem solving etc. Highly technical interview. Was tough to get through as compared to other companies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place. They just pay you as per the company standards.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NDS in June 2008.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by manager from Isreal. The guy was really cool and polite. He gave me enough time think on the questions. I was informed about my offer soon after the interview. HR process take 2 days.

Interview Question – why are looking for job when you already have an offer.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NDS

Worked for NDS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NDS interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by NDS employees and interview candidates.