1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Graduate Development Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southampton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NDS.

Telephone interview then assessment centre. Telephone interview was conducted by an external recruitment company. It was friendly and informal and covered the usual questions ie. Why NDS? Tell me what NDS do. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? Tell me about your degree. Tell me about you.

The recruitment company were very disorganised, I ended up submitting my address on four different occasions to the guy dealing with my application!

The first thing they made clear at the assessment centre is that they can afford to be choosey. Day is spilt into activities in the morning and interviews in the afternoon, candidates they don't like are asked to leave after lunch (my fate). Activities consisted of a test reviewing sudocode, group/teamworking exercises, NDS sales presentation and mingling session. Tips for staying on till the afternoon: ask questions of the staff at the beginning, presentation and after the group exercises so that the staff get to know you; speak up so the observers can hear what you are saying to your teammates during the group exercises; know their products well and ask questions (even if they are a bit pointless) about them; and be aware that some of the questions asked of you during the mingling session will be based on aspects of your performance in the tasks up to that point.

Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Unexpectedly forceful question about my educational background.   Answer Question

Worked for NDS? Contribute to the Community!