NDS Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated May 10, 2015

3.4

Engineer QC Interview

Interview

First Round - Written Test(Aptitude test, Software testing) Second Round - Technical Round ( Software Life Cycle, Types of testing, SQL, Write test cases for a given scenario) Third Round - Managerial Round( About previous experience, Why you want to join NDS? etc..)

Interview Questions

• None.. Mostly simple and straight forward questions regarding software testing process.   Answer Question

IPTV Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NDS (Staines, England (UK)).

Interview

There were several rounds. First, a phone interview with their private agency (Rockfish), then a phone interview with someone from NDS, then a personal interview with HR and with people from my future team, and then a personal interview with the UK head, Derek Nottingham. Finally, a small HR interview after I started working to get my permission for vetting. The team interview was in Staines. They were most interested in my past jobs, I had to tell them about the details of a 3play IPTV network that I maintained at my previous employer, and justify my decisions. There were basic technical questions about using the linux text console (grep/find/more, firewalls, how to set the IP address and nameservers of a Red Hat box, how to enable/disable/add/remove services; they were surprised to hear that there were utilities like "ntsysv" and "service" to do this). I had to travel to Chandler's Ford for the interview with Derek, the UK head. He asked me about my education, my degree, my personal situation, my plans and then he led me through their CF offices. I guess at that point I was already in a safe situation, he just wanted to see me before he signed the papers.

Interview Questions

• Create an iptables rule to allow incoming SSH packets from 192.168.1.0/24.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at NDS (Staines, England (UK)).

Interview

In response to internet job ad. Contacted by agent (very good) and external who acts for NDS in telephone interview. 53 days between phone interview & f2f interview. Five senior people, all very friendly. Interview day was 1.5 hour technical, 1.5 competency-based and 1-2 hours of programming a virtual car to navigate a track.

Interview Questions

• I struggled a bit in the technical interview about how threads communicate -- my fault for not enough prep.   Answer Question

Graduate Development Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NDS (Southampton, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview then assessment centre. Telephone interview was conducted by an external recruitment company. It was friendly and informal and covered the usual questions ie. Why NDS? Tell me what NDS do. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? Tell me about your degree. Tell me about you. The recruitment company were very disorganised, I ended up submitting my address on four different occasions to the guy dealing with my application! The first thing they made clear at the assessment centre is that they can afford to be choosey. Day is spilt into activities in the morning and interviews in the afternoon, candidates they don't like are asked to leave after lunch (my fate). Activities consisted of a test reviewing sudocode, group/teamworking exercises, NDS sales presentation and mingling session. Tips for staying on till the afternoon: ask questions of the staff at the beginning, presentation and after the group exercises so that the staff get to know you; speak up so the observers can hear what you are saying to your teammates during the group exercises; know their products well and ask questions (even if they are a bit pointless) about them; and be aware that some of the questions asked of you during the mingling session will be based on aspects of your performance in the tasks up to that point. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Unexpectedly forceful question about my educational background.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England (UK)

Application

interviewed at NDS (Staines, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

online test, telecom interview, face to face interview

Interview Questions

• why we are using int for TRUE/FALSE why not float   1 Answer

Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NDS (Staines, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview with HR and Line Manager 2nd Interview with Head of Department

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was good as I was happy