NEC Corporation of America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Lead Interview

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Lead
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at NEC Corporation of America.

Interview Details – really quick process. Very up front and easy to get along with

Interview Question – every question was standard   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not enough money

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales
Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at NEC Corporation of America in August 2009.

Interview Details – Inept inside recruiting. Best to go through an agency, although they no longer use agencies. Get as much as you can going in the door, there is Zero chance for extra earnings, raises, and promotions

Interview Question – Comp expectations, (first interview)   View Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at NEC Corporation of America in December 2011.

Interview Details – One telephone screening interview with HR. Interviewer was in a hurry and seemed only interested in my expected salary. Two former employees I spoke with warned me that salaries there are below the industry average and that they have fewer employees so everyone is stretched.

Interview Question – What are your salary requirements?   View Answer

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NEC Corporation of America in March 2010.

Interview Details – My first contact was through a personal friend who introduced me to the person who ultimately became my manager. The in-person interview was great. The second interview was by phone and I felt it did not go so well. That manager subsequently left the company, and the first manager turned out to be excellent. The Japanese culture is impersonal, and potentially "punitive" although the US-based managers provide a buffer from the japanese who approach to the American marketplace is aloof and sometimes comes off as arrogant.. but it could just be cultural.

Negotiation Details – There was limited negotiation. Personally, I've had limited experience negotiating terms. My biggest issue was vacation: 2 weeks at the start, and the company insisted which days were to be taken (in summer and around the holidays) as this was supposed to reduce the company's liability for banked vacation on the books, but this (clearly) does not apply to new hires.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NEC Corporation of America in July 2012.

Interview Details – The HR staff was disorganized but the technical manager was a good engineer and actual interview was well done.

Interview Question – None, it was a standard tech interview   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NEC Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NEC Corporation of America interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by NEC Corporation of America employees and interview candidates.