NEC Corporation of America Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.4

Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NEC Corporation of America.

initial was phone interview and then face to face. team of engineers and architects interviewed. then there was round with HR where salary negotiation took place.
    during interview they started with basics of OOPs and then moved to design patterns and their real time implementation.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at NEC Corporation of America.

really quick process. Very up front and easy to get along with

not enough money

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at NEC Corporation of America in December 2011.

One telephone screening interview with HR. Interviewer was in a hurry and seemed only interested in my expected salary. Two former employees I spoke with warned me that salaries there are below the industry average and that they have fewer employees so everyone is stretched.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NEC Corporation of America in March 2010.

My first contact was through a personal friend who introduced me to the person who ultimately became my manager. The in-person interview was great. The second interview was by phone and I felt it did not go so well. That manager subsequently left the company, and the first manager turned out to be excellent. The Japanese culture is impersonal, and potentially "punitive" although the US-based managers provide a buffer from the japanese who approach to the American marketplace is aloof and sometimes comes off as arrogant.. but it could just be cultural.

There was limited negotiation. Personally, I've had limited experience negotiating terms. My biggest issue was vacation: 2 weeks at the start, and the company insisted which days were to be taken (in summer and around the holidays) as this was supposed to reduce the company's liability for banked vacation on the books, but this (clearly) does not apply to new hires.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at NEC Corporation of America in August 2009.

Inept inside recruiting. Best to go through an agency, although they no longer use agencies. Get as much as you can going in the door, there is Zero chance for extra earnings, raises, and promotions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at NEC Corporation of America in July 2012.

The HR staff was disorganized but the technical manager was a good engineer and actual interview was well done.