NEC (Japan)

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Updated Jul 30, 2014

2.7

Cloud Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NEC (Japan).

By Phone call

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NEC (Japan).

Good planning (note that by that time NEC Portugal was working with NT UK)

Interview Questions
    • I didn't experience any Difficult or Unexpected Question   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NEC (Japan) in July 2013.

First, submit the entry sheet in their company website. Then, you will be contacted if they show interest in you. It probably helps if you directly talk to one of the executives ahead. They will set up an first interview date with you, but this time you have to pay the transportation fee. If you do well in the first interview, you will be asked to attend another. The transport fee will be covered this time. Attend, do well, you will be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly on the experienced research skills. Also, how much interested you are in working with them.   Answer Question
    There is a standard salary and condition for your degree, throughout the country. I don't know if you want to negotiate on it. After all, it is standard.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at NEC (Japan) in February 2013.

Face to Face interview asked about Spring framework / Hibernate . Basics on how to setup environment . Then a few questions on session management and how to handle session in Spring framework .
    Difference between Bag and set ,Lazy initialization advantages in hibernate .Later on they asked about source control which tools i had used .
    Defect tracking tools . Flexibility of working hours and willingness to work on late night shifts

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NEC (Japan) in December 2010.

The first interview was an intensive panel discussion with senior management of the business unit. I was questioned on all the details of my previous experience with particular focus on my achievements. The technical people asked some basic questions to test my knowledge of the topic.The panel group also asked standard set of questions, such as why I quit my previous job, why I chose NEC and what is my vision of the future career assuming that I was hired.
    The second interview was scheduled after taking a personality test and was more HR oriented, focused mostly on my expectations regarding salary, benefits, career plan and so on.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your career history, what you did, what responsibilities you had in the past. Tell us about your biggest achievement and also your biggest failure.   View Answer
    • How would you describe yourself after 5 years from now?Tell us about your personal career vision   Answer Question

Account Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NEC (Japan) in June 2010.

The hr is nice and professional. I was called after i submitted my resume online. There are 3 interviews in total. I passed the 1st round very soon. They are basic questions like introducing yourself and why you are interested in this job. I was trained the whole day by an employee there to see how they works during the 2nd interview. And then I was noticed to take the final interview with the DM which lasts 15 minutes. Then I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    If you really like sales, you can try. This is a sals position earned by commission only.

Field Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at NEC (Japan) in May 2010.

NEC contacted me for an 1:1 interview which was about half an hour long. It was a panel interview comprised of people from Engineering and Maintenance, Operations and Human Resources. Typical interview questions were asked. I would advise that you do proper research on the company and the position being offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NEC (Japan) in May 2008.

apply online, if a university student get a recommendation letter from the school to improve chances of getting hired. interview 3 times. 1st interview was when we took logical, mathematical, general knowledge tests in Japanese. 2nd interview was with the team manager. 3rd interview was with the top management. Usually apply 1 year before hiring.

Interview Questions
    • All was in Japanese so it was quite difficult to understand.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NEC (Japan) in January 2007.

Pretty thorough. Typical of the Japanese companies. The freshman interview process composed of: background check, interview 1, written test, interview 2.
    The pre-interview process consisted of applying online and getting recommendation from the university faculty where you are enrolled of, or from your professor. After that you begin the process, and if your application is accepted, they will contact you by email.

Interview Questions
    • Whenever you exceeded your expectation on doing something, or you did something better than anyone else, did you think anyone could also achieve the same result?   View Answer
    For the freshman, there is little room for negotiation. The wage, benefit etc. are already defined clearly. You can only appeal the management of your wish on where or what kind of job will you like to do.