NEC Laboratories America, Inc.

www.nec-labs.com
  www.nec-labs.com

NEC Laboratories America, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.8

Summer Research Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at NEC Laboratories America, Inc..

The researcher directly contacted me and make an appointment for a potential interview. The interview lasts about half an hour. I introduced my research for about half of the time. The interviewee then talked about potential future projects, and asked questions and future plans for the projects.

About a week after the interview, HR contacted me to discuss the details of my schedule, and issued an offer afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are directly related to each individual's research background.   Answer Question

Research Staff Member Interview

Usually, the ads is posted on CRA and has the same hiring cycle as major university tenure track positions. The ads will be posted around Oct to Dec. The interviews usually from Feb to Apr. Sometimes, they interview many people for one positions, but sometimes, 2-3 onsite interviews for one head count. The onsite interview has an one hour and half presentation. A little bit longer than universities (usually one hour)

Researcher Interview

It's standard interview process for researchers in industrial research labs and academia. The interview lasts a full day: you come in to meet HR personnel first, and the higher management. Then you give a 1.5-hour presentation of your past research. After that you have lunch with members on the team and in the lab. You'll meet with team members one-by-one. They sometimes bring the candidate for dinner and call it a day.

Interview Questions
    • During the job talk, be prepared to answer questions on any part on your slides. Don't just put something that looks good but you have little idea about.   Answer Question

Summer Research Itern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NEC Laboratories America, Inc..

Applied through their online system after I got an email from one of our faculty in CS department. Single phone interview with several researchers on the team, they asked my research background and the experiences on my resume, Q&A at the end of the interview. All researchers were really nice and focused on what skills you have in order to work with them efficiently (such as python scripting).

Summer Research Intern Interview

Mostly about your own research. And whether you are familiar with some tools they expect.

Research Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NEC Laboratories America, Inc..

Two phone interviews, mostly about my research and technical skills

Research Intern Interview

Single phone interview, high level discussion of background and summer project goals.

Summer Research Interview

Emailed a cover letter and resume to fellow alum regarding posted position, and was contacted a few days later by HR to set-up an initial phone interview with them. Had an initial screening interview with HR who then indicated they would schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the phone interview, HR invited me to the campus for an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • How I would go about deriving the number of cars in California without looking it up on the Web. Obviously, this was an attempt to get some insight into my problem solving/analytical skills   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NEC Laboratories America, Inc..

Submitted resume online. Interviewed via phone. It was a group interview with all people in the research group. It was mainly about the details of the resume, the details of the previous projects and software tools and methods been used. Nothing tricky. I think they try to match the candidate's background to their own projects.

Interview Questions
    • nothing, I think they just try to find a candidate with matched background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NEC Laboratories America, Inc. in January 2013.

I got several emails and a phone interview. I knew my supervisor in advance, so everything was smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Not at all. My supervisor asked about my research experience in my resume.   Answer Question